I want BlackBerry to keep it going at a minimum. Not completely drop it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    They will have to do that very carefully. Maybe they can pull it off, I don't know. I guess we'll find out.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 04:08 PM
    The OP post is wrong the Z3 will launch may earliest http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z3-launching-next-week-indonesia/
    Last edited by Jakob Greve; 04-05-14 at 04:32 PM. Reason: needed link from my Z30 browser, lazy
    04-05-14 04:29 PM
    Exactly, thus my point to move to those. You don't continue to put money into a losing segment of your business.

I know you want blackberry to come back in the handset business but that doesn't mean its a good move.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Lol! As usual, some people have it completely backwards! ( don't know how you find the patience tgeek, but I commend you)

Bb is making any device they hope there might still be some niche market remaining in the hopes that some sales will mitigate the bleeding enough to keep them alive while they attempt to develop the other areas.

Of course there is always I'm sure that pie sky hope - just as I had for bb10, that a miracle would occur and theyd have a hit. Of course that is even harder to imagine with these devices.' A minor miracle would be a very modest traction gain and uptake.

The real problem is that I don't qnx nor bes are even remotely close to where they would need to be to sustain them at even their reduced size. (_bbm is a no-go at this point... Another avenue lost - but it was just to late and to seemingly I'll conceived for them to attempt that) , there are just no strong prospect for them at the moment, and no reason to believe they can build new quality products or business models in a timely manner. That is the only real hope now though.

Handsets, barring miracle, were lost long, long, ago. That was obvious to many, and I'm sure it's obvious to Chen.
    JeepBB, Drew808, Rolf Hed and 2 others like this.
    04-05-14 04:38 PM
    Blackberry been trying to shed it's image as a device maker and more as a software and services company.
    I think the devices are part of that strategy, the q20 is being released to complement the company's strategy a they still need a device to sell to the enterprise.
    As for hardware risk, isn't foxconn taking the inventory risks?

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-05-14 04:44 PM
    History is clear that on this site, that *every* upcoming BB10 phone is a potential turnaround saviour phone. Until it launched and the numbers come in. Marketing will get blamed. But by then there's a next phone.
    JeepBB, Rolf Hed, shief24 and 5 others like this.
    04-05-14 04:49 PM
    I love all the optimism about the z3 selling in the emerging markets, but that fact is that cheap android devices from china have already made it there.

I really hope the Blackberry faithful there will embrace the z3 and OS10. The price of the device is going to dictate whether it's a success or failure. Only time will tell.

As far as the classic Q20, I am sorry but this is 2014 and not 2003. We need a quad core, 5" or better, HD graphics, 32-64 gig unit with 10.3 to compete with the S5 and iPhone 6.

Just my two cents but physical keypads and a trackpad units are relics and the few faithful that would buy them doesn't make a dent of the number a required to make it a successful product in today's highly competitive market.

I know I will get flogged by the faithful for saying that, but that's reality wether you choose to accept it or not. Just my two cents.

Sent using CB Forum App
    JeepBB, medic22003, Rello and 3 others like this.
    04-05-14 04:54 PM
    Blackberry been trying to shed it's image as a device maker and more as a software and services company.
    I think the devices are part of that strategy, the q20 is being released to complement the company's strategy a they still need a device to sell to the enterprise.
    As for hardware risk, isn't foxconn taking the inventory risks?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, from what I recall reading, if the Z3 goes badly BB won't be faced with another inventory write down... Foxconn will take the hit. If Foxconn are smart, I doubt they'll build millions without seeing how they're selling.

I haven't seen the contract details, but I'm guessing that Foxconn aren't taking all the risk for Larfs... If I were them, and taking all the risk, I'd have negotiated a *very* favourable profits split should the Z3 be a success. So I'd wonder how much BB earns if the Z3 succeeds.
    richardat and techvisor like this.
    04-05-14 04:56 PM
    I go for lost cause and noting to do with the device - they just ain't got the cash to compete - even Apple are worried about the 'obscene' amounts of money that android OEMs are collectively throwing at Marketing and channel incentives.
    You're always bordering on troll.......I never read what you have to say because its usually just troll masquerading as concerned BlackBerry fan.

You're all over this site spewing your negative nonsense.....i have no time for it, I know many others feel the same.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Clanked; 04-05-14 at 05:15 PM.
    04-05-14 05:04 PM
    I just do not see the Q20 filling a very big void in the enterprise space. Yeah, there will be a small number of hard core qwerty fans who will buy it, but most of the individuals I know in the enterprise space all prefer touch screen.

From what I have seen, if people are given a choice between the Z30/Z10 or the Q10, they go touch screen. Even those who used to consider themselves qwerty "power users." Screen real estate is just too valuable. So, I just cannot see the Q20 picking up much market share.

Posted via CB10
    stevovr likes this.
    04-05-14 05:21 PM
    You're always bordering on troll.......I never read what you have to say because its usually just troll masquerading as concerned BlackBerry fan.

You're all over this site spewing your negative nonsense.....i have no time for it, I know many others feel the same.

Posted via CB10
    Where have I ever said I'm 'concerned'? or a 'fan'? Why would I be concerned about a megacorp (well beyond the shares I own in it) - I would recommend anyone who is really concerned about BBRY and doesn't work for them get some counseling because their priorities in life are wrong. I'm also not a fan... of any corporation - I might like some aspect of their business model or their products? But a fan? never. Consumers should constantly hound and harass companies and be willing to change to another company as it suits them - loyalty and 'fans' are terrible for consumers because they encourage poor performance on the part of companies and work against the interests of the rest of us. I've had Palm, symbian, WebOS, Nokia, Windows mobile, Windows phone, android, blackberry, iOS and i swap between them as my needs dictate.

I actually think a much smaller software and services company has a good future (or a good future for a takeover) around QNX and maybe BBM - handsets? That's dead - what is trollish about that view? It is not that far from the commentary we see on the front page of this site.
    04-05-14 05:22 PM
    They're losing money.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    That's the point of the z3 Geez man

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-05-14 05:26 PM
    I think that Blackberry certainly has a future yet. I mean, who says that a miracle can't happen and consumers be attracted by a snappy looking device. The average North American consumer isn't really that discerning anyway. Market it properly as a device for the few and people will jump all over it. We've seen companies turn around before, everyone thought Chrysler and Ford were headed for the cemetery. I have a lot of hope for Blackberry, I love my Q10 and Z10 and I'm sure other American's will too. I'd like to see a bit more positivity on this blackberry fan site and not so much hate, but that's just me lol.

Btw, I'm new to posting on this site. Long time reader, first time poster.
    04-05-14 05:40 PM
    Why Chen just quit on established markets that took years to build up we'll never know.
    He probably did so because most people in established (i.e. first world) markets had already quit on Blackberry and will be very hard to get back.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-05-14 06:20 PM
    He said that the Q20 will be available in November.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid this will be too late, to become the turnaround device.
    04-05-14 06:31 PM
    I think that Blackberry certainly has a future yet. I mean, who says that a miracle can't happen and consumers be attracted by a snappy looking device. The average North American consumer isn't really that discerning anyway. Market it properly as a device for the few and people will jump all over it. We've seen companies turn around before, everyone thought Chrysler and Ford were headed for the cemetery. I have a lot of hope for Blackberry, I love my Q10 and Z10 and I'm sure other American's will too. I'd like to see a bit more positivity on this blackberry fan site and not so much hate, but that's just me lol.

Same sentiment it's almost illegal to be cautiously optimistic on here

Nharzhool likes this.
    04-05-14 06:56 PM
    Z3 will be a turnaround device for BB in India provided they sell it for the same price or slightly lower than what the Z10 is selling for right now. Q20 will be a high end classic running 10.3 or 11 with all the features BBOS came to be known for. Maybe they might get BIS resurrected in 11 and generate revenue. But I still see potential in BlackBerry
    04-05-14 07:03 PM
    We shall see when Z3 comes out in may

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 07:09 PM
    I love all the optimism about the z3 selling in the emerging markets, but that fact is that cheap android devices from china have already made it there.

I really hope the Blackberry faithful there will embrace the z3 and OS10. The price of the device is going to dictate whether it's a success or failure. Only time will tell.

As far as the classic Q20, I am sorry but this is 2014 and not 2003. We need a quad core, 5" or better, HD graphics, 32-64 gig unit with 10.3 to compete with the S5 and iPhone 6.

Just my two cents but physical keypads and a trackpad units are relics and the few faithful that would buy them doesn't make a dent of the number a required to make it a successful product in today's highly competitive market.

I know I will get flogged by the faithful for saying that, but that's reality wether you choose to accept it or not. Just my two cents.

Sent using CB Forum App
    There are 15 million BB users in Indonesia of which I would suggest 14.5 million are on legacy. Foxconn is betting that there is a pent up demand for a 5 inch all touch BlackBerry at a reasonable price.

The Q20 has a decent screen size, great battery, physical keyboard and the belt. If this device does not sell better than a Q10 then the market for an updated physical keyboard phone is dead,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-05-14 07:15 PM
    When was Coke posting huge losses quarter after quarter and trying to sell itself?
    It has nothing to do with posting losses, it had to do with trying to change the flavor of coke and consumers not being very receptive; which is similar to consumers not being very receptive to BB10 phones and wanting the "belt" phones back .

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 07:24 PM
    There's no magic turn around device for BlackBerry IMHO. The turn-around will happen after BlackBerry prove itself to be a different company from before... a company thinks outside of BlackBerry box, giving everyone top spec'ed phones at competitive prices... a company who is willing to lose money first for their customers to gain acceptance of the crowd... to give BB 10 the exposure it deserves... to put together a deal with Google to have Google services available on BB10... a company who can humble themselves for their stock holders, partners, and customers...

Then the turn-around will happen.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Andy_bb_king, bekkay and NG888 like this.
    04-05-14 07:38 PM
    I think Chen's turnaround device will be a Z10 sized device with a physical keyboard.
    04-05-14 09:21 PM
    That's the point of the z3 Geez man

We don't know if it will make money yet though, do we. They said the same thing about the previous devices.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 09:32 PM

Chrysler and Ford got bailed out by the U.S. government, otherwise they would no longer exist.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 09:35 PM
    Chrysler and Ford got bailed out by the U.S. government, otherwise they would no longer exist.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Ford was not bailed out. It was GM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    tjseaman and Jrox74 like this.
    04-05-14 09:43 PM
    Ford was not bailed out. It was GM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Ford got a $5 billion loan and a $9 billion line of credit.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 09:49 PM
311 12345 ...