I'm done arguing with these people.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Why do you even try. Kung-fu warrior and his geek squad are here trying to spread pessimism. Whether I'm pessimistic or optimistic, what will happen will happen. It's just like the conversations I have on sports sites anyways

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-05-14 02:08 PM
    According to Terry Pender of The Record.com "Next week, Chen flies to Indonesia for the official launch of the Jakarta Z3 � the new large touch-screen smartphone BlackBerry produced in partnership with Taiwan-based Foxconn for the Indonesian market."

So my hunch is that Z3 will be the turnaround device for BlackBerry.

Which is the device that you think will turnaround the dismal market share for BlackBerry? Or do think it is a lost cause?
    You'd be right if the soundtrack for the advertisement is Darius Rucker's "Come Back Song."

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    04-05-14 02:24 PM
    Why do you even try. Kung-fu warrior and his geek squad are here trying to spread pessimism. Whether I'm pessimistic or optimistic, what will happen will happen. It's just like the conversations I have on sports sites anyways

Didn't we do this before Spike? You know, the name calling, the infractions... ?

As to why Dave should try, well... It's a discussion forum. I rather think the idea is that people exchange views and promote their point of view by posting with a supporting logical, reasoned argument.

It's called debate. It's what grown-ups do.
    kbz1960, Nemzy, mornhavon and 1 others like this.
    04-05-14 02:25 PM
    When was Coke posting huge losses quarter after quarter and trying to sell itself?
    Only in Pepsi's dreams once Coca-Cola realized the folly of "New Coke."

04-05-14 02:26 PM
    Didn't we do this before Spike? You know, the name calling, the infractions... ?

As to why Dave should try, well... It's a discussion forum. I rather think the idea is that people exchange views and promote their point of view by posting with a supporting logical, reasoned argument.

Yes we have (: you all are just so pessimistic lol

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-05-14 02:36 PM
    Only in Pepsi's dreams once Coca-Cola realized the folly of "New Coke."

One of my favourite Simpsons episodes is where Homer is sitting in the hobo camp and they're all telling how their lives took a wrong turn and led them to sitting around a fire under a road bridge... "yeah", says one hobo, "I was the guy who devised New Coke!".
    04-05-14 02:37 PM
    Yes we have (: you all are just so pessimistic lol

Well for the most part they have been right and might be right again. I'm just hoping bb can keep updating bb10 and be a niche player in phones. I knew I wasn't buying a consumer phone when I got my 30 but that's ok with me. I think no matter what happens my phone will work.
    acovey likes this.
    04-05-14 02:43 PM
    I have to say the Z3 because of what is happening in my country, cheap lumias are getting everywhere like a virus, before 2013 christmas there was no lumia anywhere to see, right now they are everywhere, they are the cheapest smartphone in my country, they are selling better than the cheap android, so is not a matter of OS, UI, brand or even ecosystem, in developing countries is a matter of price, the Q20 will still be for the ones that like physical keyboards and are willing to pay a little extra for that, I have a very good feeling that the Z3 will take a good hit in Asia, Africa, Latin America, but they still have to market very well, since the marketing of these devices will be in Foxconn hands and not too much in BBRY's, we'll have to wait and see what they have for it.
    04-05-14 03:04 PM
    BlackBerry has contacted us to let us know they will not be launching the Z3 next week in Indonesia. There has been some confusion with the report TheRecord has put out, but unfortunately, that launch date has not been moved up. The closest thing we have officially is what CEO John Chen said in the last BlackBerry earnings call land that is a May launch.
    BlackBerry Z3 Launching In May In Indonesia [UPDATED] - N4BB
    04-05-14 03:05 PM

so kung-fu warrior is enough for an infraction now? WTF to that (meaning words to forgo).....
    04-05-14 03:07 PM

It's been discussed a billion times as to why BB10 is a great OS. To scrap it is to spit on the software engineers.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Nemzy likes this.
    04-05-14 03:10 PM
    Well first we had a phone that looked like an iPhone then we had a phone that looked like a galaxy and now we have a phone that will look like a black lumina it will work
    techvisor likes this.
    04-05-14 03:12 PM
    Well first we had a phone that looked like an iPhone then we had a phone that looked like a galaxy and now we have a phone that will look like a black lumina it will work
    Rectangular? You mean?

04-05-14 03:21 PM
    I know this will be met with negativity but continuing to attempt to push handsets to the consumer market is almost sure death for Blackberry. Sure they can try but why continue to bleed money that will affect their other endeavors? Right at this moment in time it will jot work. Someday, perhaps.

This is just my opinion based on watching what has happened over the last few years.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 03:31 PM
    I know this will be met with negativity but continuing to attempt to push handsets to the consumer market is almost sure death for Blackberry. Sure they can try but why continue to bleed money that will affect their other endeavors? Right at this moment in time it will jot work. Someday, perhaps.

This is just my opinion based on watching what has happened over the last few years.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Where are they pushing ? They've place minimal to no ads. That's not a push. Z3 however is a different story and needs to be pushed.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 03:34 PM
    Where are they pushing ? They've place minimal to no ads. That's not a push. Z3 however is a different story and needs to be pushed.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    They're coming out with new handsets after the previous ones have not sold.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 03:35 PM
    They're coming out with new handsets after the previous ones have not sold.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    They will sell out, the prices have been dropped and clearly selling out in India.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 03:37 PM
    They will sell out, the prices have been dropped and clearly selling out in India.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    They're losing money.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 03:54 PM
    It looks like LG Optimus L9
    04-05-14 03:55 PM
    Yes as opposed to the rounded white colour of my Z10 (iPhone) and my Z30 galaxy I actually like the Z3 as it looks less cheap even if it is cheaper the Z10 looked too little like an iPhone and too much like thick plastic - and the Z30 looks too much like galaxy cheap plastic
    04-05-14 03:57 PM
    They're losing money.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    OK??? They are going to need to make it up elsewhere. BBM just started to get monetized. QNX is also getting bolstered. BES is getting pushed.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 03:57 PM
    Yes as opposed to the rounded white colour of my Z10 (iPhone) and my Z30 galaxy I actually like the Z3 as it looks less cheap even if it is cheaper the Z10 looked too little like an iPhone and too much like thick plastic - and the Z30 looks too much like galaxy cheap plastic
    In a way the Z3 is a much better buy than a Z10. Assuming 8gb of internal space is good enough.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    04-05-14 03:58 PM
    OK??? They are going to need to make it up elsewhere. BBM just started to get monetized. QNX is also getting bolstered. BES is getting pushed.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Exactly, thus my point to move to those. You don't continue to put money into a losing segment of your business.

I know you want blackberry to come back in the handset business but that doesn't mean its a good move.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 04:03 PM
    Exactly, thus my point to move to those. You don't continue to put money into a losing segment of your business.

I know you want blackberry to come back in the handset business but that doesn't mean its a good move.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I want BlackBerry to keep it going at a minimum. Not completely drop it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 04:04 PM
    I am not sure if you could call it a turnaround device. Probably not - a turnaround takes time and is typically not done with one successful device.

However I think both devices will be very important and I'd say that the new lineup strategy could definitely work. Price is an important key factor in emerging markets and BlackBerry still has a very good reputation in some of them, so the Z3 could be a thing there.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    04-05-14 04:08 PM
311 1234 ...