John Chen just retweeted this.

@JohnChen RT@AnnLouiseWinter Would agree with you. BB10 just need Google Services. Thats All! @AllAboutMyBB @JohnChen

Does it mean something?

*Edited to make this post more accurate. Thank's for the correction.*

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by malingering; 07-13-15 at 08:26 AM.
    pbfan likes this.
    07-13-15 07:55 AM
    nope doesn't mean anything than he acknowledges that google play sources would be good to have

BTW he DID NOT say anything he just retweeted someone elses tweet
    rthonpm and Blacklatino like this.
    07-13-15 08:04 AM
    Something and nothing. Who knows!

Is it speculation time again?
    07-13-15 08:07 AM
    John Chen just twitted this.

@JohnChen: RT @arisham2003: @AnnLouiseWinter Would agree with you. BB10 just need Google Services. Thats All! @AllAboutMyBB @JohnChen

Does it mean something?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it means he knows what is wrong with his hardware sales.... It needs Google to save it.
    07-13-15 08:10 AM
    It means something.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-13-15 08:11 AM
    He didn't tweet that. He only retweeted. That's two different things.
    I can retweet a tweet i like or find funny.....doesn't mean I concur with whatever the tweet says.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-13-15 08:22 AM
    It just reflects the sentiment that BlackBerry users have been reflecting towards Chen

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 07-13-15 at 09:21 AM.
    07-13-15 08:32 AM
    I'm not seeing the retweet...
    07-13-15 08:45 AM
    Also wasn't the retweet done by his assisant?

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-13-15 08:58 AM
    You're right! It's gone! Too bad I didn't screencapt it.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 09:04 AM
    You're right! It's gone! Too bad I didn't screencapt it.

Posted via CB10
    This shows he either re-tweeted by mistake, or didn't want people confusing what he meant by re-tweeting that tweet. I have a screen shot of the tweet but no point posting it since he has un-re-tweeted the retweet.
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-13-15 09:16 AM
    How would GPS safe BB, only difference is the do away with our own defunct ecosystem. But it won't bring any money to BB. Closing down BB would probably also lower the cost.
    07-13-15 09:38 AM
    John Chen just retweeted this.

@JohnChen RT@AnnLouiseWinter Would agree with you. BB10 just need Google Services. Thats All! @AllAboutMyBB @JohnChen

Does it mean something?

*Edited to make this post more accurate. Thank's for the correction.*

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully Google services will be coming to Android runtime on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB.10 on my  Z10
    07-13-15 09:50 AM
    Yes!!! Make it happened! Blackberry 10 OS with 3 Appstore BlackBerry World, Amazon Appstore and Google Playstore! I don't like Android!
    07-13-15 10:01 AM
    It means something.
    Everything means something! =0)

Posted via CB10
    guitarrista likes this.
    07-13-15 10:07 AM
    How would GPS safe BB, only difference is the do away with our own defunct ecosystem. But it won't bring any money to BB. Closing down BB would probably also lower the cost.
    It would certainly make our devices more usable and for those who are non technical, it would take some of the scrappyness out of the experience of owning a BB10 phone. I think that most people would like something that just works and they also would like to be able to participate in things and experiences that their peers and family are experiencing regardless of their phone platform. In that regard the BB10 experience falls extremely short compared to the other options which are easily available. This limits the potential satisfaction rating of the OS and platform as a whole and it is reflected in the sales. If BlackBerry can get things working more seamlessly, just better overall and have less limitations then the Android compatibility can be more confidently promoted and hopefully more customers would be satisfied and potential customers might be less turned off and more inclined to try the brand given it's ubiquitousness when it comes to apps. Chen knew what he was talking about when he spoke about App Neutrality. Fact is the BB10 Android Runtime is extremely robust when you look at what it's really capable of when pushed to it's limits. Look at what Cobalt232 is doing! Almost every app and Google Service can technically run and run well on the BB10 Android runtime. It's just politics and artificially created barriers that are holding back the compatibility of the runtime. The runtime is actually much better than a lot of people give BlackBerry credit for. BB10 needs Android (As in the ecosystem) in order to remain viable and in order to grow and be accepted and acceptable to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 10:17 AM
    Oh no.. I don't like Google services. I would prefer a pure BlackBerry 10 OS environment.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 10:33 AM
    It would certainly make our devices more usable and for those who are non technical, it would take some of the scrappyness out of the experience of owning a BB10 phone. I think that most people would like something that just works and they also would like to be able to participate in things and experiences that their peers and family are experiencing regardless of their phone platform. In that regard the BB10 experience falls extremely short compared to the other options which are easily available. This limits the potential satisfaction rating of the OS and platform as a whole and it is reflected in the sales. If BlackBerry can get things working more seamlessly, just better overall and have less limitations then the Android compatibility can be more confidently promoted and hopefully more customers would be satisfied and potential customers might be less turned off and more inclined to try the brand given it's ubiquitousness when it comes to apps. Chen knew what he was talking about when he spoke about App Neutrality. Fact is the BB10 Android Runtime is extremely robust when you look at what it's really capable of when pushed to it's limits. Look at what Cobalt232 is doing! Almost every app and Google Service can technically run and run well on the BB10 Android runtime. It's just politics and artificially created barriers that are holding back the compatibility of the runtime. The runtime is actually much better than a lot of people give BlackBerry credit for. BB10 needs Android (As in the ecosystem) in order to remain viable and in order to grow and be accepted and acceptable to the masses.

Posted via CB10
    I beg to disagree.
    My BlackBerry works fine. I don't need Google play to make my device usable. I only have two android apps on my device- Instagram and Tapatalk. I don't even need Google Play to make them work for me. The apps work well for me. If I don't have the ability to use those apps on my device anymore. I will make do with iGrann and individual forums apps.
    acovey and will308 like this.
    07-13-15 10:46 AM
    Thread title corrected and made more clear.
    malingering likes this.
    07-13-15 11:16 AM
    Oh no.. I don't like Google services. I would prefer a pure BlackBerry 10 OS environment.

Posted via CB10
    Google services that we can edit. Not so bad.

07-13-15 11:26 AM
    What he meant is that, Google will be OK for BlackBerry to use Google Play in the near future, as long as BlackBerry helps them to secure Android software. Guys, this is just my English as second language interpretation.
    07-13-15 11:27 AM
    This shows he either re-tweeted by mistake, or didn't want people confusing what he meant by re-tweeting that tweet. I have a screen shot of the tweet but no point posting it since he has un-re-tweeted the retweet.
    My first guess was that it was done in error.
    07-13-15 11:29 AM
    What he meant is that, Google will be OK for BlackBerry to use Google Play in the near future, as long as BlackBerry helps them to secure Android software. Guys, this is just my English as second language interpretation.
    Securing Android is not a bargaining chip. It's is not something BBRY can use to get GPS IME.
    07-13-15 11:30 AM
    Chen knew what he was talking about when he spoke about App Neutrality.
    Oh sweet heavens... no, he didn't. There is a reason those type of open letters stopped coming. That app neutrality post was just bad... LOL.
    07-13-15 11:32 AM
    That's not a bad trade off. I believe with all the mobile platforms on a equal app level BlackBerry will look attractive once again. JC's Trying different angles here. There's nothing wrong with BlackBerry's os. Everyone knows that. It's the apps that are the problem. Devs don't want to develop for BlackBerry so JC'S finding another way to skin the cat.

BigAl_BB9900 and CyberMan2013 like this.
    07-13-15 11:33 AM
97 123 ...