Good point! If he wants to have a secure OS......and he touts that not. He would have to update runtime......so let the games begin!

WOOF!

still on my Passport, but for how long.
    03-24-16 06:26 PM
    A single tweet does not reverse the clear course that Chen is steering blackberry towards.

This is merely a failure to commit.

Either axe BB10 or give it the attention and hardware it deserves.

Posted via CB10
    It does mean that he has a plan. Because Mr. Chen has all of BlackBerry at his disposal (as well as a better understanding of the market and the company and people he's leading) he knows something and he ain't tellin!

I do believe he's asking us Crackberries to keep the faith.

He's taking the company and its information really private lately. The focus and the quiet before the storm.

BB10 OS is the only platform that straight out of the box, doesn't need many apps.

Something is brewing...

...hopefully!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    03-24-16 06:42 PM
    It does mean that he has a plan. Because Mr. Chen has all of BlackBerry at his disposal (as well as a better understanding of the market and the company and people he's leading) he knows something and he ain't tellin!

He's taking the company and its information really private lately. The focus and the quiet before the storm.

BB10 OS is the only platform that straight out of the box, doesn't need many apps.

Something is brewing...

...hopefully!

I hope you are right!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    gruv4u likes this.
    03-24-16 07:02 PM
    Talk is cheap, let's see some ACTION!
    Michael in Atl
    Z10 still

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-24-16 07:13 PM

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    03-24-16 07:24 PM
    Why don't they simply show their hand... it's a childish game for a company that would be taken seriously...!!

Something is brewing...

...hopefully!

03-24-16 07:37 PM
    Ya I'm tired of the mystery. I don't think anyone cares lol just tell us what's happening
    03-24-16 08:02 PM
    Man... the first positive thing I've heard about bb10 in months. Kill joys are killing me right now.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 08:30 PM

Something is brewing...

...hopefully!

He hasn't been quiet at all on the company or its situation, its just that a lot of people in here refuse to listen. He point blank said no new devices in 2016 and two security patches for BB10 and that is it. The focus is Android, people need to accept it and move on with their lives.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-24-16 08:34 PM
    He hasn't been quiet at all on the company or its situation, its just that a lot of people in here refuse to listen. He point blank said no new devices in 2016 and two security patches for BB10 and that is it. The focus is Android, people need to accept it and move on with their lives.
    No, actually he said whether or not there would be any new BB10 devices would be a business decision. We will see what kind of business case there is for both Priv and BB10 as of April 1, 2016.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 09:13 PM
    No, actually he said whether or not there would be any new BB10 devices would be a business decision. We will see what kind of business case there is for Priv as of April 1, 2016.

Posted via CB10
    He said exactly what I said above. No different and nothing more regarding BB10.
    03-24-16 09:16 PM
    He said exactly what I said above. No different and nothing more regarding BB10.
    We will see if the focus continues to be on Android if Priv falls on its face. The Android crowd is not particularly well know for brand loyalty.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 09:28 PM
    Supporting an OS that doesn't support user demand? What users support or want BB 10, I'm thinking it would be an elite class that wants to communicate in an obscure and non consumer based environment, ensuring their security needs are sequestered just for them. BlackBerry Priv is an attempt to split BlackBerry's base and get their mass support onto Android while keel BB10 for elite users.

Of course this theory falls down because there doesn't seem to be a wave from no where pushing BlackBerry's Android device, but that may yet be in the wings. Their next Android should be significantly more appealing to a larger base, less security and more cool and affordable.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 09:33 PM
    Their next Android should be significantly more appealing to a larger base, less security and more cool and affordable.

Posted via CB10
    And what's cooler than a slide-out keyboard with capacitive touch-sensitive keys and a dual curved edge screen?

I'm afraid that I've lost touch with the 'modern' tech. I'm not even that old but it must be what's happened. Please explain to me just what makes a phone "more cool" than all the rest because I have a particularly difficult time distinguishing most of them apart from one another.
    03-24-16 09:55 PM
    And what's cooler than a slide-out keyboard with capacitive touch-sensitive keys and a dual curved edge screen?

I'm afraid that I've lost touch with the 'modern' tech. I'm not even that old but it must be what's happened. Please explain to me just what makes a phone "more cool" than all the rest because I have a particularly difficult time distinguishing most of them apart from one another.
    "Cool" is a perception, BlackBerry had it when it was new because it was new, Apple came along with a whole lot more packed in that appealed to the broader masses, then they were cool. Android matched Apple with Apps and cheap phones, they became cool too.

Going Android is a better route to getting their cool back because it has the apps and environment people want. The current "cool" is connecting everything to your phone, a watch, the car, the locks on a door, the thermostat, etc., BB10 is being left out here too, it will not get a "cool" here. Android will.

Security isn't a feature with a "cool" factor, it's expected, an "AND you get" feature that is just a side note for the average consumer. Cool needs to be an ability to be first at delivering the next big public hit, IoT is going to play in here at some point, it has already started.

Always being behind or left out is not cool, BlackBerry has been in that position for too long now, I'm hopeful they'll find a way to get back in the game soon. BB10 could have done well if their belief that HTML5 was the future of apps had happened, it may still, it is just not that good yet.

Posted via CB10
    Jerry A likes this.
    03-25-16 07:57 AM
    BB10 could have done well if their belief that HTML5 was the future of apps had happened, it may still, it is just not that good yet.
    Guess what: BB now has the HTML5 version of FB instead of a dirty nasty "app." That makes everyone here happy, right? No? Why not? Oh, because the HTML5 app lacks integration and features unique to the BB10 platform? Well, that's exactly why people want real apps, instead of HTML5 generic versions. That isn't ever going to change.

BB never really believed that HTML5 or any other one-size-fits-all was going to satisfy most users. That's just something they trotted out to try to sell some phones, hoping to sell enough that their marketshare would matter. And when that didn't happen, they talked about it to try to downplay their lack of apps.

The truth of the matter is: apps matter to the vast majority of people, and no amount of trying to downplay that fact is going to make it less true.
    03-25-16 10:32 AM
    Some people just refuse to accept the reality. The market does not accept BlackBerry. They will however buy the new iPhone 5se which brings back a smaller 4inch screen size. Why? Because the market accepts without question that even though the iPhone 5se is virtually identical to the previous iPhone 5s, it is a good phone, and its cheaper! Hey, Apple added another letter to the name, so the market will go wild over it, and accept that it is "faster" and has a "better camera".

Blackberry does not have that kind of acceptance in the cellular world. AT ALL.
    wilber1 likes this.
    03-25-16 11:02 AM
    Some people just refuse to accept the reality. The market does not accept BlackBerry. They will however buy the new iPhone 5se which brings back a smaller 4inch screen size. Why? Because the market accepts without question that even though the iPhone 5se is virtually identical to the previous iPhone 5s. Hey, Apple added another letter to the name, so the market will go wild over it, and accept that it is "faster" and has a "better camera".

Yes it is faster and it does have a better camera. Fact. BlackBerry reputation aside.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-25-16 11:04 AM
    Yes it is faster and it does have a better camera. Fact. BlackBerry reputation aside.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. But the main point is - I was only stating the info about the iPhone 5se as an example of the opposite of non-acceptance.
    03-25-16 11:07 AM
    Yes. But the main point is - I was only stating the info about the iPhone 5se as an example of the opposite of non-acceptance.
    I think your point was missed due to the incorrect facts you articulated.

What was your point?
    03-26-16 04:08 PM
    What's "not giving up on BB10" mean? BlackBerry10, Business or Consumer application. There is a profound Real World difference. Please be more specific, without the benefits of ambiguity.

Posted via CB10
    That's Chen's mantra, always speaking BS without any meaning.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 02:17 AM
    I think your point was missed due to the incorrect facts you articulated.

What was your point?
    Steve Jobs was right... no one needs a big phone...! ;-P

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Jerry A likes this.
    03-28-16 07:39 PM
    Some people just refuse to accept the reality. The market does not accept BlackBerry. They will however buy the new iPhone 5se which brings back a smaller 4inch screen size. Why? Because the market accepts without question that even though the iPhone 5se is virtually identical to the previous iPhone 5s, it is a good phone, and its cheaper! Hey, Apple added another letter to the name, so the market will go wild over it, and accept that it is "faster" and has a "better camera".

I do not want to agree with you but you do have a valid point. I love my Priv but I may just be moving on from it next month. Not sure just yet. I do have a month to change my mind
    03-29-16 12:28 PM
    I'll never trust BlackBerry after they lied about OS10 on the Playbook, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    lang007 likes this.
    03-29-16 12:37 PM
    It's my favorite too. I wish he would give us a new one. I'd dump this Priv in a heart beat.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-29-16 12:44 PM
113 ... 2345