How bout they at least change the UI, add a few new features. Enhance BB10. It needs a refreshing asap. I love the OS but it's getting a bit boring. Time to spice it up a bit Chen.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 01:47 PM
    Confirmed: Twitter for BlackBerry was fixed so John could Tweet lol.
    TgeekB, idssteve, Wybrem and 14 others like this.
    03-19-16 02:02 PM
    Naaah... he just used his wife's sammy...
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-19-16 02:16 PM
    This has been a pattern for PR or Chen to post a statement after any negative BB10 news and backlash from BB10 fans/users. Over the last 4 months I have heard Chen say (Code-Mobile Interview) that if Android can be secured he will end BB10 because the user will not care as long as they have security. Chen stated on Bloomberg that BB will move forward in the hardware business. My advice would be to enjoy your BB10 device and when/if the time comes for BB10 to end...move on to a OS of your liking. I have already moved on to the Priv and I am very pleased with the product.
    03-19-16 06:53 PM
    There are plenty of positive remarks about BB10, and they *all* come from the same source: BB PR. It's the only part of BB that seems to be functioning properly these days.

You don't seriously think John Chen tweeted that, do you?
    Cmon now, me and you might know he didn't tweet it. But don't ruin it for these lovely people dammit lol.

If you think I said it, I didn't say it.
    JeepBB and dejanh like this.
    03-19-16 06:58 PM
    Whatever. Laid off the BB10 dev team. Losing 3rd party support from major apps. Stuck on the Android Jellybean runtime. I really like BB10 but its only a matter of time before i and pretty much everyone will have to move on. Sorry, the Priv ain't doing for me.
    03-19-16 08:37 PM
    So he's asking fans to keep fighting to keep developers on board but his own teams are still not updating the SDK or publishing any sort of roadmap for developer support. Is Chen being clueless, insane, or cynical?
    None of the above. He's just lying through his teeth.
    03-20-16 12:47 AM
    99.9% of all BB10 hardware reviews were Positive. The majority of actual BB10 users rate it Positive and claim it's the best mobile OS they ever. It's not just BlackBerry PR, consumers just weren't fully aware of BB10, all due to Garbage Marketing.

Rocking a Z30
    True! People don't know basic swipe up and swipe down gestures on BB10

Posted via Priv...
    03-20-16 01:33 AM
    This was a poor PR decision IMO. If you fire most of your developer relations group, stop updating your developer tools, and have no intention of producing any more BB10 phones, then developers are going to give up.

When they do, instead of calling for a "fight" and questioning people's professionalism, you should instead just shut up.
    donnation, JeepBB, JulesDB and 5 others like this.
    03-20-16 03:46 AM
    This was a poor PR decision IMO. If you fire most of your developer relations group, stop updating your developer tools, and have no intention of producing any more BB10 phones, then developers are going to give up.

When they do, instead of calling for a "fight" and questioning people's professionalism, you should instead just shut up.
    Anything to sell a few more devices.
    JeepBB and dejanh like this.
    03-20-16 03:57 AM

Agreed.

My Mum always taught me that if I didn't have anything "nice" to say, I should instead say nothing. I'm sure that both me and John Chen disappoint our Mothers on a daily basis! LOL

Sorry Mum...
    03-20-16 04:25 AM
    As long as you're not going to see new devices, how does this statement help? We already knew that BB10 will continue to work for the time coming and that we might even see some updates.

But this is not a true commitment. Developers are leaving and no devices are expected to come up. A platform lives from continuous improvement and development and finally from sales.

Of course it's good to see some positive remarks but in my eyes this doesn't change anything for the end user.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 05:36 AM
    99.9% of all BB10 hardware reviews were Positive. The majority of actual BB10 users rate it Positive and claim it's the best mobile OS they ever. It's not just BlackBerry PR, consumers just weren't fully aware of BB10, all due to Garbage Marketing.

Rocking a Z30
    Would you think that the majority of BB10 users would rate it as negative or that it was the worst OS ever? People not being aware is a part of it, but being aware still wouldn't have mattered if the name Blackberry was on the device. People hate them, due to Blackberry ignoring them for years and for pushing on the consumer that Blackberry's were for corporate stiff's who didn't want any joy in their device. All of a sudden Blackberry comes out with a new OS and shows a guy flying on a carpet and people were supposed to jump on that?
    03-20-16 05:45 AM
    Refreshing to hear he uses BB10 "every day". Wonder if that includes 10.3.2 Calendar?? Lol.
    03-20-16 06:13 AM
    Putting BB10 on maintenance mode is going to allow Chen to hit the reset button for BB10, if blackberry android devices get the hardware division to a profit. What Chen has learned is that BB10 devices are not able to make the hardware division profitable by themselves because of the app gap, cost of drivers, and other things. What I can see from Chen if he restarts BB10 is the following: android runtime will be gone, all BB10 devices will be based on the same processor in order to cut down on the cost associated with custom driver development, longer release cycle for BB10 phones (so don't expect updated hardware every year), don't expect the latest processor to be used (more like the previous year latest processor), and he going to have release updated development tools. As far as what will be the standard BB10 devices, it is hard to say, but it will more than only be 1 to 3 form factors tops.

Posted via CB10
    Gallofa likes this.
    03-20-16 08:08 AM
    This has been a pattern for PR or Chen to post a statement after any negative BB10 news and backlash from BB10 fans/users. Over the last 4 months I have heard Chen say (Code-Mobile Interview) that if Android can be secured he will end BB10 because the user will not care as long as they have security. Chen stated on Bloomberg that BB will move forward in the hardware business. My advice would be to enjoy your BB10 device and when/if the time comes for BB10 to end...move on to a OS of your liking. I have already moved on to the Priv and I am very pleased with the product.
    OS of my liking? Can't find one yet.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    03-20-16 09:57 AM
    What Chen is basically saying is that he will keep BlackBerry OS 10 alive in oxygen support until there is not more oxygen available and then he will pull the plug.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-20-16 10:09 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is still an asset for the company and its very normal that the CEO tries to protect it . However my opinion is that the company strategy is to abandon OS 10
    03-22-16 07:34 PM
    Am I the only one that picked up on the last sentence - Others might be dropping support. So we've lost Facebook and Whatsapp. Is he saying that other apps might be going away on BB10 as well? It does seem like Chen would rather have us all running the PRIV. At this point I'm not sure what I'll get when my Passport gives out.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-23-16 10:01 AM
    Bb10 will always need a stick to stand and to walk, and stick is android. We don't know that how much longer this walk. Final is that end of bb10 is near, very near. Very soon chen will tweet that he own a priv or apple iPhone.

�oStEd ViA bLAckBeRrY Z3/ 10.3.2.2876
    03-23-16 11:15 AM
    Looks like pre-earnings damage control to me. BB10 devices outsold Priv. Chen is doing a little BB10 dance as he scuttles sideways away from a hail of investor bullets. Queue Louks...

Posted via CB10
    JulesDB likes this.
    03-23-16 09:18 PM
    Putting BB10 on maintenance mode is going to allow Chen to hit the reset button for BB10, if blackberry android devices get the hardware division to a profit. What Chen has learned is that BB10 devices are not able to make the hardware division profitable by themselves because of the app gap, cost of drivers, and other things. What I can see from Chen if he restarts BB10 is the following: android runtime will be gone, all BB10 devices will be based on the same processor in order to cut down on the cost associated with custom driver development, longer release cycle for BB10 phones (so don't expect updated hardware every year), don't expect the latest processor to be used (more like the previous year latest processor), and he going to have release updated development tools. As far as what will be the standard BB10 devices, it is hard to say, but it will more than only be 1 to 3 form factors tops.

Posted via CB10
    This assessment or prediction makes sense....

He's not using resources now when Android needs to be made successful. They are limited in how much they can spend right now.

:-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-23-16 09:36 PM
    Gee I got the same warm and fuzzy feeling right after food poisoning....................uncontrollable and reaaaaaaal fuzzzzzzy......followed by passing out.

WooF!

JeepBB gets an extra WOOF!
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    03-24-16 06:14 PM
    Now now....not lying just not telling the truth............he would make a really good used car salesmen!

WOOF!
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-24-16 06:23 PM
    Refreshing to hear he uses BB10 "every day". Wonder if that includes 10.3.2 Calendar?? Lol.
    He has to use OS 10, he could not figure out how to use his Priv!

Woof!
    03-24-16 06:25 PM
113 12345