01-19-17 08:00 PM
92 1234
tools
    Why would Tim Cook be number 1 anyway...
    Just a little bump to see if anyone is still wondering whether Tim Cook is a good CEO or not.
    01-28-15 12:53 PM
    What has cook done that makes him number 1. Rather than give us the fapenning of course.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    01-28-15 12:55 PM
    What has cook done that makes him number 1.
    You mean aside from having the most profitable quarter for any company ever?
    01-28-15 02:12 PM
    Driving a fast car fast isn't necessarily impressive.

Tim Cook hasn't actually done anything this year. You can see that in Apples market share. While having the most profitable quarter ever is impressive, I don't see what he did as a CEO to influence that. Besides coming out as fabulous.

Jtaylor1986 likes this.
    01-28-15 03:31 PM
    Sorry, but my 12 year old could run Apple and make a big profit.

Posted via CB10
    They could use your 12 year old at Blackberry
    TGR1 and marty314 like this.
    01-28-15 03:34 PM

Tim Cook hasn't actually done anything this year. You can see that in Apples market share. While having the most profitable quarter ever is impressive, I don't see what he did as a CEO to influence that. Besides coming out as fabulous.

That's true, but there's a reason the one who gets the checkered flag, gets the trophy and the champagne.

As the sayin goes, second place is the first loser.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-28-15 03:42 PM
    Typical cnn. Putting the best and hardest working CEO in 2nd.

I don't race for second place.

Posted via CB10
    "AVIS... we try harder...?"
    (they're only second)

Remember that slogan. I do, and it stuck... :-)

  Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?  
    01-28-15 04:28 PM
    Let's see... one took an inferior product and with well managed plans for management, marketing, production, distribution and continued stellar eco system continued pushing his enterprise to be a dominant market player and one of the most profitable companies in the world... and the stock price shows it.

The other had an incredibly better product... and with no marketing, poor distribution, temper tantrums which led to zero carrier support and promise after promise... which led to 0.8 percent market share... and the stock price shows it.

Gee, which one do you really think is the better manager.

One should be ashamed of himself!

Posted via CB10
    If you factor in "the app argument", your post shows in a very different light.

Yeah, Tim Cook would have just 'cooked up' all the apps with the small budget that BlackBerry has... right? :-)

-------

To ways to view this.

BlackBerry has the much better product, but that doesn't count because of apps, or BlackBerry has an incredibly worse product because of apps...

edit: ^ both mainstream views

  Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?  
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 01-28-15 at 05:13 PM.
    01-28-15 04:37 PM

It's not as if CEOs actually do anything, hmm? Let's forget $18 billion in profit for 3m, OMG the marketshare.

And as for your attempt at a zing, at least he hasn't needed anyone's help to try to figure out what he really meant.
    marty314 likes this.
    01-28-15 04:51 PM

It's not as if CEOs actually do anything, hmm? Let's forget $18 billion in profit for 3m, OMG the marketshare.

And as for your attempt at a zing, at least he hasn't needed anyone's help to try to figure out what he really meant.
    Wasn't meant as a zing. Just stating the only thing he's done this year was come out. CEOs do things. But apple has been doing the same exact thing every year. While I commend them and their ability to make money, I feel that Cook didn't do anything to make it happen.

Don't fix what isn't broken. Doesn't make him the best CEO in the world.

01-28-15 05:18 PM
    Tim Cook hasn't actually done anything this year.
    Do you honestly believe this? If so, I don't think you know anything at all about business.
    01-28-15 05:30 PM
    You make it sound like all he did was to place an order for 32,000 phones per hour around the clock for 90 days and waited for them to come in. What's amazing is that Apple delivers that volume on time to the people who want them. You can't say that about Blackberry.
    01-28-15 05:35 PM
    Do you honestly believe this? If so, I don't think you know anything at all about business.
    Allow me to rephrase. I believe Tim Cook is not the best CEO because he made a well oiled machine perform excellently.

The context is "best CEO in the world," not just CEO.

01-28-15 05:44 PM
    Allow me to rephrase. I believe Tim Cook is not the best CEO because he made a well oiled machine perform excellently.

So, a 30% increase in revenue, and a 37% increase in profits. And Apple completely obliterated its guidance this quarter, as well. I'm not sure what you think qualifies a person to be a great CEO, or if you even understand what a CEO does.
    marty314, TGR1 and Eumaeus like this.
    01-28-15 06:11 PM
    Even Cook admits, he can't explain the iPhones sales success.

it's taken on a life of its own.

It Job's that started all this and should get the credits, Cook is just a puppet along for the ride.....
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    01-28-15 07:13 PM

It Job's that started all this and should get the credits, Cook is just a puppet along for the ride.....
    Jobs is dead. He also didn't want a phone bigger than 4.5". Cook went beyond that size and voila record profits. Managing a huge Corporation requires a special person as taking the reins of a very successful company can turn to a loss. Cook has taken Apple to another level and to say he's a puppet is insulting to him and his staff that work tirelessly to meet their customers needs and demand.
    01-28-15 08:32 PM

Then give John Chen no credit. He didn't have anything to do with BB10 and is simply a puppet as well. All hail Mike and Jim for acquiring QNX. Might as well throw Thor into the mix as well.
    01-29-15 08:26 AM
    Then give John Chen no credit. He didn't have anything to do with BB10 and is simply a puppet as well. All hail Mike and Jim for acquiring QNX. Might as well throw Thor into the mix as well.
    The difference is, if Chen wasn't on board right now, BB would be bankrupt and/or sold for parts by now.

Chen is clearly working hard to save the company.

Not sure what you don't get about this?
    01-29-15 03:43 PM
    The difference is, if Chen wasn't on board right now, BB would be bankrupt and/or sold for parts by now.

Chen is clearly working hard to save the company.

Not sure what you don't get about this?
    There's nothing to get. "Chen is working hard to save the company." Great. He's doing what he's supposed to be doing which is why he was brought in in the first place. Chen couldn't do much worse than what Thor did so anything positive he did looks great. Replacing Steve Jobs was a much taller order if you ask me and Cook has handled it exceptionally well and has also made his mark by doing some things that Jobs said he'd never do, like offering a larger screen phone. I'm not devaluing what Chen has done for BB, but you also can't devalue what Cook has been able to do at Apple thus far.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-30-15 08:50 AM
    Who got it?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-30-15 09:03 AM
    There's nothing to get. "Chen is working hard to save the company." Great. He's doing what he's supposed to be doing which is why he was brought in in the first place. Chen couldn't do much worse than what Thor did so anything positive he did looks great. Replacing Steve Jobs was a much taller order if you ask me and Cook has handled it exceptionally well and has also made his mark by doing some things that Jobs said he'd never do, like offering a larger screen phone. I'm not devaluing what Chen has done for BB, but you also can't devalue what Cook has been able to do at Apple thus far.
    Way more tech CEO's would have lined up for Cooks job, than Chen's.

Chen was laughed at and asked if he was nuts when he took the job, do you think Cook took that type of ribbing?
    01-30-15 03:37 PM

Who do you think is responsible for the machine being so "well-oiled?" Don't forget that Cook was COO for many years before he became CEO and Jobs left(then died), so he's had a lot to do with Apple's operational efficiency.
    01-30-15 03:51 PM
    Way more tech CEO's would have lined up for Cooks job, than Chen's.

Chen was laughed at and asked if he was nuts when he took the job, do you think Cook took that type of ribbing?
    What does that have to do with anything? BB wasn't having auditions for who was going to be the next CEO after Thor was pushed out. Chen was brought in because he had a history of turning companies around. He didn't do it for free and was paid millions to take the job so its not like it charity work. I don't know what ribbing has to do with anything, and the ribbing Chen took was more playful in nature anyway because of how poor the company had been run in the past. Regardless I don't see what that has to do with anything.
    01-30-15 03:51 PM
    Tim Cook Defused Steve Jobs' Thermonuclear War, Then He Took Down Android - Forbes

What Tim Cook spent his time not doing as CEO. IMO, CEO of the YEAR may lead people to wrong expectations. While you have your flashy ones who come in like a hurricane, ultimately CEOs of these type of companies are supposed to play the long game. Cook had a superb year based on years of working up to it. By the same token what Chen is doing now really should be recognized in a couple years.
    SpartanSK117 and MikeX74 like this.
    01-31-15 06:30 AM
    I guess there is just no impressing some people.
    01-31-15 07:04 AM
92 1234