03-03-15 08:58 AM
    "I'm really hopeful that our business is going to do well. In that last couple of quarters our hardware business actually made money," he said.
    03-03-15 09:03 AM
    As well as the Leap, BlackBerry outlined plans to release three other devices this year: a high-end "luxury" device with Porsche design, a "keyboard-based product", and a "dual curved display" phone with keyboard function.
    No real Z30 successor, it seems.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-03-15 09:07 AM
    No real Z30 successor, it seems.
    let's hope the keyboard-based product will be a more pocket friendly form factor, like the retractable keyboard on a 4" screen could be.
    I don't think Blackberry can bet all its hardware on the larger trend (the Classic is as tall as the Passport), it should have a more 9900 size like device, or like the Q10 but with a retractable keyboard that would allow more screen estate, that would be perfect imho.
    serbanescu likes this.
    03-03-15 09:43 AM
    let's hope the keyboard-based product will be a more pocket friendly form factor, like the retractable keyboard on a 4" screen could be.
    I don't think Blackberry can bet all its hardware on the larger trend (the Classic is as tall as the Passport), it should have a more 9900 size like device, or like the Q10 but with a retractable keyboard that would allow more screen estate, that would be perfect imho.
    Bronco...you are alone with this idea. BlackBerry is dedicated to two screen sizes. The Classic is as narrow as you can go with a 3.5 inch screen. The Classic is not a big device. The small phone trend was over a long time ago. A 4 inch slider would be too narrow and a 4 inch Classic too wide.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-04-15 02:08 PM
    Bronco...you are alone with this idea. BlackBerry is dedicated to two screen sizes. The Classic is as narrow as you can go with a 3.5 inch screen. The Classic is not a big device. The small phone trend was over a long time ago. A 4 inch slider would be too narrow and a 4 inch Classic too wide.

Posted via CB10
    I may be alone. (even if I remember one person agreeing with me some months ago)
    But owning a Passport and even enjoying its great screen estate I keep regretting the Q10's friendliness when it comes to pocket size portability.
    I thought a Q10 form factor with a slider would allow a 4-4.2" screen: enough screen estate with a great physical keyboard and something different than all the phablet trend (I would never go running with my Passport whereas I usually forget that i'm carrying my Q10 ).
    If I am totally wrong i'll keep my Q10 for a very long time and will only be interested in the Passport's successor.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:14 PM
    Not Chens idea, again . Another idea that has been floating around BlackBerry since at least early 2013. FCC patent filled in 2011.

Chen joined BlackBerry November 13 2013.

This was Apr 23,**2013

http://drippler.com/drip/blackberry-...-be-bb10-torch

The above link, the dates it presents, when compared shows it predated JC buy sometime.

He did give it the green light but the idea has been around.

I fear they will use the Z3 or Leap to achieve this. I hope not. It needs specs that are respectable and perform very well.

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-04-15 08:32 PM
    I may be alone. (even if I remember one person agreeing with me some months ago)
    But owning a Passport and even enjoying its great screen estate I keep regretting the Q10's friendliness when it comes to pocket size portability.
    I thought a Q10 form factor with a slider would allow a 4-4.2" screen: enough screen estate with a great physical keyboard and something different than all the phablet trend (I would never go running with my Passport whereas I usually forget that i'm carrying my Q10 ).
    If I am totally wrong i'll keep my Q10 for a very long time and will only be interested in the Passport's successor.

Posted via CB10

That would be a slider based on a Z10 sized screen which is about the same width as the Q10. Yes, that could be done but the market probably would not like a smallish slider.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    03-04-15 08:44 PM
    Not Chens idea, again . Another idea that has been floating around BlackBerry since at least early 2013. FCC patent filled in 2011.

Chen joined BlackBerry November 13 2013.

This was Apr 23,**2013

http://drippler.com/drip/blackberry-...-be-bb10-torch

The above link, the dates it presents, when compared shows it predated JC buy sometime.

He did give it the green light but the idea has been around.

I fear they will use the Z3 or Leap to achieve this. I hope not. It needs specs that are respectable and perform very well.

BlackBerry hates America!
    Agree, slider needs 'titanic' specs... :-)

(referring to the giants, not the sunken ship)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-05-15 05:23 AM
    That would be a slider based on a Z10 sized screen which is about the same width as the Q10. Yes, that could be done but the market probably would not like a smallish slider.
    Actually the strange screen+one-fix-row slider that has a retractable keyboard would fit in the actual Q10 size: the 4" screen would be as long as the 3.1"screen Q10 + its first three rows of keys.
    Just to say a 4" 4:3 ratio screen (3"x2.2") could be achieved in the Q10's form factor (Z10 is still too big and we already have a long slab+keyboard coming )
    The market wouldn't be thrilled that might be true ( i stll know a lot of people that would greet positively a phone that lies low in their pocket without giving up a part-time multimedia use) , but even the Passport or the great Z30 didn't have that much of a good press so... if M. Chen is to propose a successor to the Q10 i think that would be a great iteration (Q line being a little more innovative than the Classic) : innovative keyboard, more business oriented 4:3 screen and still a pocket size smartphone.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-05-15 07:40 AM