Wow I think that was a great interview. I like how he even recognizes the BGR leak when talking to them about the upcoming Jakarta!!!
    Heres the video:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/video/chen-...o3Q4~1XhQ.html
    Last edited by mathking606; 01-06-14 at 07:49 PM.
    01-06-14 07:38 PM
    I hope Kevin can somehow get an interview with Mr. Chen since he is at CES.
    01-06-14 07:51 PM
    The predominantly physical keyboard devices was an interesting comment.

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l, ekv, LuisCast and 1 others like this.
    01-06-14 07:52 PM
    Great interview, really liking Chen's style. What a breath of fresh air after Thor, Mike, and Jim
    01-06-14 07:53 PM
    I enjoyed where he mentioned the BGR leak, in fact, this guy is just plain awesome.
    01-06-14 07:54 PM
    I like him, a lot!

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    Harry_III_UK and spike12 like this.
    01-06-14 07:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Noticed that, not sure how I feel about that since I haven't used a qwerty bb since the 8703e. Tried the 9900 after the storms and I couldn't type for sh/t on it.
    Reed Richards likes this.
    01-06-14 07:56 PM
    Great video. I'm loving John Chen..hope this translates to positive things with the bottom line

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 07:58 PM
    Hooray!!!
    Mr. Chen is a physical keyboard aficionado ! BlackBerry will go "predominantly" with physical keyboards !!!
    That enlightened my day (well it's 3 am here...)
    Now not only words but facts Mr. Chen:
    a Q30 with 4.5" screen asap!!!

Posted via CB10
    akabbani likes this.
    01-06-14 08:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    --------------

I hope they don't focus all their attention on the keyboard for future devices because there is definitely demand for the all-touch devices in enterprise.

Our company recently started updating to BB10 phones and from what I've seen people are choosing the Z10 over the Q10 at about a 3-1 ratio. This also lines up with the informal poll Crackberry had a few weeks ago.

BlackBerry surely knows the sales numbers so it wouldn't make sense to alienate a large part of your customer base. Though I'm hoping we do see some more innovation on the keyboard side.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | CB10
    01-06-14 08:08 PM
    "Ron knows "what's cool" well I've heard a lot of people out here hoping for this, a person who knows what consumers want.

Hope those people are happy.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-06-14 08:23 PM
    Our company recently started updating to BB10 phones and from what I've seen people are choosing the Z10 over the Q10 at about a 3-1 ratio. This also lines up with the informal poll Crackberry had a few weeks ago.
    It also lines up with what Heins expected as well... but that didn't happen, as the write-down was over Z10's...
    ekv likes this.
    01-06-14 08:25 PM
    --------------

I hope they don't focus all their attention on the keyboard for future devices because there is definitely demand for the all-touch devices in enterprise.

BlackBerry surely knows the sales numbers so it wouldn't make sense to alienate a large part of your customer base. Though I'm hoping we do see some more innovation on the keyboard side.

Q10 also had a brutal launch compared to the Z10. Z10 got all the light/hype where Q10 was just put in the line up with not a very big build up at all. All the marketing went towards the Z10. If Blackberry launched with the Q10 they would of beat Z10 by a lot.

They are not alienating full touch obviously since the Jakara (Z5 that everyone wanted on the forums) is going to be full touch
    01-06-14 08:30 PM
    --------------

He basically confirmed the jakarta will be full touch. Hopefully it sells better than the previous bb10's so BlackBerry keeps developing further touch only devices
    Reed Richards likes this.
    01-06-14 08:30 PM
    He didn't say ONLY physical keyboard so even if it is their major focus, I do believe/hope they would still have at least one high end (Z30ish) all touch.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:37 PM
    What a revealing interview. Lots to read between the lines.

Although Chen likes Qwerty phones, his new VP of devices will be definitely offer a "cool" touchscreen BlackBerry.

The company is very much alive.
    h20work, mjdimer and ray689 like this.
    01-06-14 08:37 PM
    What a revealing interview. Lots to read between the lines.

Although Chen likes Qwerty phones, his new VP of devices will be definitely offer a "cool" touchscreen BlackBerry.

The company is very much alive.
    Hope so, he is brilliant at trickling the BB news, good news. Keeps the press off the negative stuff.

BTW, nice booth, or should I say, nice cardboard in hallway.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-06-14 08:42 PM
    Did anybody else catch the "corporation will run BBM Channels with us..."?
    undone likes this.
    01-06-14 08:50 PM
    Wow what a great interview. Thank god they picked this guy.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 08:54 PM
    I think John is an excellent speaker. He doesn't avoid questions, beat around the bush. He seems more focused and has a plan to carry out. The more I see and hear of him, the more I am glad that we have him on our side. I think he is going to really be the key factor in helping to rebuild this company. He definitely has a game plan, and doesn't seem like the type to rest on his laurels and watch the company get swallowed up again.

I know talking is one thing and doing is another, but I actually do not think he is a talker. Look at some of the things he has put into play since he took over as CEO. Pretty impressive if you ask me
    01-06-14 09:01 PM
    Did anybody else catch the "corporation will run BBM Channels with us..."?
    Yes that's the company they purchased not too long back, the company that managed social networking

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-06-14 09:02 PM
    It also lines up with what Heins expected as well... but that didn't happen, as the write-down was over Z10's...
    The first write down yes, they didn't give specifics on the 2nd one. I'd say it's highly unlikely they made more z10's and wrote them off a second time
    01-06-14 09:10 PM
    Wow I think that was a great interview. I like how he even recognizes the BGR leak when talking to them about the upcoming Jakarta!!!
    Heres the video:
    [video]http://www.bloomberg.com/video/chen-foxconn-will-help-us-in-emerging-markets-U2yWRDxVSwOu1o3Q4~1XhQ.html[/url]
    I did not like his hire. He said about the cool phones. How does Ron know what is cool? He came from the failed company.
    01-06-14 09:22 PM
    I know talking is one thing and doing is another, but I actually do not think he is a talker. Look at some of the things he has put into play since he took over as CEO. Pretty impressive if you ask me
    I think he's already done more doing vs talking than his three predecessors did in recent memory, at least as far as taking necessary steps to reverse the slide. Yes, in their last days Mike and Jim did take some corrective actions (acquiring QNX being chief among those). But no one has addressed the company's biggest problem -- it's dreadful inability to execute -- as Mr. Chen has with his near total house cleaning in the executive ranks. And now he's added to that by bringing in Ron Louks to head up Devices and Emerging Solutions. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.
    mathking606, DJM626 and h20work like this.
    01-06-14 09:27 PM
    Taken into context, he was answering a question related to Foxconn's role vs. BlackBerry hardware teams. My interpretation is that their strategy is to allow Foxconn to develop the full-touch hardware going forward (working with the QNX team on software support and requirements guidance). BlackBerry will continue to predominately develop the physical keyboard hardware internally (I don't believe Foxconn would have the expertise to do this independently).

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 09:52 PM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD