But the group think model essentially tries to mitigate the influence of the leader by injecting randomness + continual eval. The model itself isn't supportive of GT it tries to dislodge or separate a leaders intentions or beliefs at the beginning from becoming the assumed output in the decision making process. I don't see any evidence of group think here as there has been ~equal amounts of support and dissent. That's not to say it doesn't exist, I'm more of a Game Theory guy anyway I could be waaay of base
    LOL!!!! I'll have to brush up on Game Theory.

Inasmuch as group think takes a presumed all inclusive conclusion and aspires to attribute weakness to dissenters, there is an element of group think. In another thread there was actually usage of "weak sauce" to explain away someone's dissenting view towards seeking out a blogger's Twitter address to have CB readers "correct" that person. When there are instances of such self perpetuating approvals and assumptions of agreement, there begins the formation of group think. As I mentioned in my original post on the subject, I see a build up that, when drawing on CB's name, could put CB in an embarrasing situation. CBK, as the CMO of Mobile Nations, is perfectly suited to squash errors in the media. His approach is sensible and professional, even when confronting the Jaguar Group.
    THAT is a measured, respectful, firm approach that needs to be taken with these bloggers. Mocking, seeking out Twitter accounts, names, bombarding websites is more conducive to push back and with identifying CB as a mob seeking out the Frankenstein monster than the kind of firm but measured approach that RIM's CEO himself demonstrates in his press appearances.
    I'm not saying that it is wrong to correct. But to devolve into a mob with pitchforks and torches does not help BB10 or CB.

While I enjoy speaking to you (I like your approach) I will, with the quoted material below, walk away from this discussion before it develops into a fight.

Cheers! It was nice engaging you.

http://communicationtheory.org/groupthink/

Janis listed eight symptoms of group think: The first two stem from overconfidence in the group’s power. The next pair reflects the limited vision, members use to view the problem and the last four are signs of strong compliance pressure from within the group.

Illusions of invulnerability: Here the groups display excessive optimism and take big risks. The memebers of the group feel they are perfect and that anything they do will turn out to be successful.
    Collective Rationalization: Here memebers of the group rationalize thoughts or suggestions that challenge what the majority is thinking. They try giving reasons as to why the others don’t agree and therby go ahead with their original decisions.
    Belief in Inherent morality of the group: There is a belief that whatever the group does it will be right as they all know the difference between right and wrong. This cause them to overlook the consequences of what they decide.
    Out – Group Stereotypes: The group believes that those who disagree are opposed to the group on purpose. They sterotype them as being incapable of taking their right decions and as being weak or evil.
    Direct Pressure on Dissenters: The majority directly threaten the person who questions the decisions by telling them that they can always leave the group if they don’t want to agree with the majority. Pressure is applied to get them to agree.
    Self – Censorship: People engage in self – censorship where they believe that if they are the only odd one out then they must be the one who is wrong.
    Illusions of unanimity: Silence from some is considered to beaceptance of the majority’s decision.
    Self – Appointed Mind Guards: They are members of the group who take it upon themselves to discourage alternative ideas from being expressed in the group.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-09-13 at 10:14 AM.
    01-09-13 09:53 AM
    Yes it was now this is not sarcasm: follow me @JohnCDumDum
    Wow, seriously? LOL. Get a suit and have RIM or BB on it and hopefully......

no tighty-whitees.
    01-09-13 03:18 PM
    All my antics are in the name of comedy. If you were as intelligent as you pretend to be you would know this. But hey, I don't take things personal. Follow me @JohnCDumDum. I got over 30 followers & counting in less than 24hrs.
    wannabe internet superstar?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 03:27 PM
    wannabe internet superstar?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yah. A little.........self-serving".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 04:01 PM
    Yah. A little.........self-serving".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    LOL If John C Dum Dum can make it online I think I can too lol. Follow me, over 30 followers in 24hrs lol.
    01-09-13 07:37 PM
    LOL If John C Dum Dum can make it online I think I can too lol. Follow me, over 30 followers in 24hrs lol.
    He's been doing it for 20+ years plus he's got some interesting things to say. Hand the computer back to Mum.
    01-09-13 07:43 PM
    He's been doing it for 20+ years plus he's got some interesting things to say. Hand the computer back to Mum.
    Wasted energy on the caped crusader, who seeks out injustices from all evil-doers against RIM.

I missed warning to all before he flew away earlier:
    Let this thread serve as a deterrent to any other blogger or self proclaimed author that Thorsten Heins' "Blackberry People" are not to be messed with. *Over and Out
    Yeah. Personally, I think RIM should give him a signal light....like Batman. BTW, are we sure the OP isn't ML(MatrixLeader)?
    01-10-13 12:47 AM
132 ... 456