John C. Dvorak is an admitted "hit monger," He made a career doing this with Apple, now he's doing it with RIM.

Yeah it is done all the time its nothing new. BGR the same there too imo. My opinion of the guy is still &^$^%#. I'm not angry, its annoying and that in itself is nothing new either. For all I know BlackBerry Torcher is John D. to stir the pot even more lol C'mon just admit it
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    01-08-13 10:16 AM
    Just a thought.......instead of firing, torch & feathering all writers that are not on the BlackBerry Bandwagon -yet, wouldn't it make more sense to use them to further the RIM /BlackBerry road to prominence?
    Of course, if they have an open mind and not an agenda. I did my part by putting up a link, I have no idea if he opened the link. You can lead a horse to water .......

Part of me wants to think facts matter, the other part of me can see him reading this thread and chuckling, as he did in the above gotcha video.

Seems a little late to put the jeanie back in the bottle on this one, yet I look forward to Kevins from the editors desk to perhaps address this sort of thing in a uniformed fashion.
    01-08-13 10:23 AM
    This guy is a loser i was reading a couple other articles of his bashing the most successful elctronics before they were released and was clearly wrong. He needs to go find himself a new job becouse he has a bad track of extremely innacurate information and oppinions.
    01-08-13 03:46 PM
    John C. Dvorak is an admitted "hit monger," He made a career doing this with Apple, now he's doing it with RIM.

Here is the .
    WOW!!!!! I see, so this is his shtick!!!! I feel so misled. Ok. Either way I still want to end his writing career. LOL
    01-08-13 04:21 PM
    BlackberryTorcher,you have a powerful ally, that I think will address your concerns.

Watch it all or sip ahead to one hour/twenty six minutes (1:26) for the relevant section from Kevin.

Hahahahahha I like Kevin!!! He's like me. Hhahahahah. I'm gonna develop a twitter account just to destroy John C Dum Dum's career.
    01-08-13 04:24 PM
    Yeah it is done all the time its nothing new. BGR the same there too imo. My opinion of the guy is still &^$^%#. I'm not angry, its annoying and that in itself is nothing new either. For all I know BlackBerry Torcher is John D. to stir the pot even more lol C'mon just admit it
    Hahahahahha No I am not John C. Dum Dum.
    01-08-13 04:42 PM
    I'm gonna develop a twitter account just to destroy John C Dum Dum's career.

Oh yeah, you're balanced. hahaha
    01-08-13 04:44 PM
    Unbelievable...
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-08-13 05:29 PM
    Unbelievable...
    LOL
    Reminds me of an episode on the "Twilight Zone" called John C. Must go! Remember?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 05:40 PM
    Unbelievable...
    Sad, ain't it? This place needs a full time psychiatrist.
    01-08-13 06:25 PM
    Well, I happen to have

a few openings. I'll get the rubber bats. LOL.
    jonno_atamaniuk likes this.
    01-08-13 06:45 PM
    I'm gonna develop a twitter account just to destroy John C Dum Dum's career.

Oh yeah, you're balanced. hahaha
    You do understand sarcasm right? But since you said it follow me @JohnCDumDum
    Last edited by BlackberryTorcher; 01-08-13 at 09:02 PM.
    01-08-13 08:49 PM
    Thank's everyone for making this post so popular!!! I hope this gets crawled by every search engine bot on the internet!!!! Let this thread serve as a deterrent to any other blogger or self proclaimed author that Thorsten Heins' "Blackberry People" are not to be messed with. *Over and Out

P.S Follow me on twitter @JohnCDumDum, I'll follow back. I promise lots of laughs!
    Last edited by BlackberryTorcher; 01-08-13 at 09:05 PM.
    01-08-13 08:52 PM
    You do understand sarcasm right?
    My ESP is currently in the shop for repairs. Maybe if your username was BlackberryPitchfork&Torcher maybe I may have had a clue.
    01-08-13 08:58 PM
    You do understand sarcasm right?
    No, I don't... Please explain.

(was that a good example?)
    01-08-13 09:33 PM
    No, I don't... Please explain.

(was that a good example?)
    Yes it was now this is not sarcasm: follow me @JohnCDumDum
    01-08-13 09:37 PM
    Agreed.

There is a really distasteful group think building. Been around so many releases here, but never seen this kind of pitchfork and torch wielding vigilante mob before.

Hope these antics won't embarrass CB or damage its reputation. There is a huge difference between correcting misinformation in a professional manner and engaging in thuggery.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-09-13 02:54 AM
    Agreed.

There is a really distasteful group think building. Been around so many releases here, but never seen this kind of pitchfork and torch wielding vigilante mob before.

Hope these antics won't embarrass CB or damage its reputation. There is a huge difference between correcting misinformation in a professional manner and engaging in thuggery.
    Thuggery? As far as group think goes unless anyone here is a psychiatrist please don't rush to judgement. I do agree mostly about the distastefulness however I can't see hurting its reputation, current trends in the media point to a media frenzy and popularism taking hold if anything.
    01-09-13 06:34 AM
    Agreed.

LOL. Follow me @JohnCDumDUm
    01-09-13 07:15 AM
    Thuggery? As far as group think goes unless anyone here is a psychiatrist please don't rush to judgement. I do agree mostly about the distastefulness however I can't see hurting its reputation, current trends in the media point to a media frenzy and popularism taking hold if anything.

Thuggery is a lay term and not a medical term, therefore no psychiatrist is required. Group think has roots in organisational theory. Had I said histrionic personality disorder or borderline personality disorder, then it would have been different. But since I am not a practitioner, I stayed with lay terms and theories that are compatible with business management and behaviours as they develop within specific groups.
    Distasteful behaviour remains so regardless of how many engage in it. The anonimity and distance of the web does not justify such behaviours.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-09-13 at 08:29 AM.
    01-09-13 07:37 AM
    the message of thuggery meant bullying to me. I had intended to call attention to using psychiatrist as a form of group think, we are not Drs of Psychiatry so yeah why pretend to be one? In terms of making people write what I personally want to read via bullying is counterproductive as I enjoy a wide variety of subject, views and opinion when done respectfully and thoughtfully. In fact this discussion illustrates the disgust people generally feel about rudeness and thuggery.

All this thread is about is another so called journalist writing garbage with essentially no accountability. I personally don't want to see anyone unemployed but if that is what it takes I'm in favour of it. This is an ok article I Still Think RIMM and BB10 Are Doomed I don't agree with him and some of his facts (read: not all information for each product is presented equally or completely) and I don't follow the guy for those reasons: he isn't that good. However he isn't offensive and doesn't come across as dumb like this Dvorak guy.

I think CBK should counter some of these guys publicly as long as he does it respectfully like he has done in the past. Thats what makes MobileNations so great, they actually have the facts/knowledge. Its just that it would become a full time job to correct everybody and would be a poor may to spend resources. I think we've all heard the expression "don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story" right? Well for any journalist reading this it isn't a compliment...soup kitchen is this way >>>
    01-09-13 08:51 AM
    Thuggery is a lay term and not a medical term, therefore no psychiatrist is required. Group think has roots in organisational theory. Had I said histrionic personality disorder or borderline personality disorder, then it would have been different. But since I am not a practitioner, I stayed with lay terms and theories that are compatible with business management and behaviours as they develop within specific groups.
    Distasteful behaviour remains so regardless of how many engage in it. The anonimity and distance of the web does not justify such behaviours.
    All my antics are in the name of comedy. If you were as intelligent as you pretend to be you would know this. But hey, I don't take things personal. Follow me @JohnCDumDum. I got over 30 followers & counting in less than 24hrs.
    01-09-13 08:59 AM
    the message of thuggery meant bullying to me. I had intended to call attention to using psychiatrist as a form of group think, we are not Drs of Psychiatry so yeah why pretend to be one? In terms of making people write what I personally want to read via bullying is counterproductive as I enjoy a wide variety of subject, views and opinion when done respectfully and thoughtfully. In fact this discussion illustrates the disgust people generally feel about rudeness and thuggery.

All this thread is about is another so called journalist writing garbage with essentially no accountability. I personally don't want to see anyone unemployed but if that is what it takes I'm in favour of it. This is an ok article I Still Think RIMM and BB10 Are Doomed I don't agree with him and some of his facts (read: not all information for each product is presented equally or completely) and I don't follow the guy for those reasons: he isn't that good. However he isn't offensive and doesn't come across as dumb like this Dvorak guy.

I think CBK should counter some of these guys publicly as long as he does it respectfully like he has done in the past. Thats what makes MobileNations so great, they actually have the facts/knowledge. Its just that it would become a full time job to correct everybody and would be a poor may to spend resources. I think we've all heard the expression "don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story" right? Well for any journalist reading this it isn't a compliment...soup kitchen is this way >>>
    Full agreement with the bolded.

That is the appropriate way to handle it.

On the rest...there are many disciplines that dra from Janis' group think model.
    01-09-13 08:59 AM
    Agreed.

Internet anonymity + mob mentality + inferiority complex
    mikeo007, kevinnugent and jakie55 like this.
    01-09-13 09:31 AM
    Full agreement with the bolded.

That is the appropriate way to handle it.

On the rest...there are many disciplines that dra from Janis' group think model.
    But the group think model essentially tries to mitigate the influence of the leader by injecting randomness + continual eval. The model itself isn't supportive of GT it tries to dislodge or separate a leaders intentions or beliefs at the beginning from becoming the assumed output in the decision making process. I don't see any evidence of group think here as there has been ~equal amounts of support and dissent. That's not to say it doesn't exist, I'm more of a Game Theory guy anyway I could be waaay of base
    01-09-13 09:40 AM
132 ... 3456