No matter what you say, I stand by my opinion. Someone writing for a major publication needs to get his facts straight or not write at all. He is feeding the misinformed public more bad information and for that he needs to lose his livelihood. Report as you wish but you can not stifle my right to speak freely.
    OK, stand by you opinion. As stated, the purpose of the article was to get attention and it did. Although you or others may not agree with it, no one said it was going to be factual.....or that the writer was even a good writer. BS is everywhere- even articles. But, it is his opinion piece. See it for what it is and nothing more. To not do so is a total waste. Psst......extra fiber works for me. You'll be smiling in no time.
    01-07-13 10:41 PM
    Like I said before don't take this guy seriously. Appreciate the bit of comedy he provides, because if you read what he says objectively and you read his previous rants then I don't see how it could be anything other than comedy? Its not like he's one of those RIM is dead/BB10 is gonna be doa naysayers that write stuff like this daily. In fact when you look at his previous trends when he got it wrong, the company he attacked achieved what everyone thought was unachievable. So let's hope he's wrong again on this one. Imo its like the 2012 naysayers, nobody ever wanted to destroy their lives because they didn't get the facts straight, and we're still here right? So don't do the same to this guy.
    Blacklatino and Hawnz like this.
    01-07-13 10:41 PM
    why should we ruin this fools career I mean I am a big bb fan and I disagree with what he wrote, but I dont work for RIM...RIM wont pay me to destroy this guy. I mean its not really our battle RIM should set this guy straight....I never got people who buy a product and then feel like its their duty to fight some battle or whatever this is.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-07-13 11:03 PM
    From my experience, you don�t suddenly start getting everything right after getting so much wrong. So, I�d be cautious about speculating in the stock until real progress is shown.

Above is his final comment! this comment sums up the thrust of the authors thoughts during his writing of the article.
    He has missed the changes that started a long time ago! he is behide the curve. Anyone that realizes the enormity of change that RIM has produced is ahead of the curve! RIM will be fine. Better than fine!
    01-07-13 11:04 PM
    Report BlackBerry Torcher because he wants to destroy John C. Dork? PLEASE!!!!! One ***** here threatened the President Obama saying he needs to go back to Africa. So BlackBerry Torcher you say what you want and don't let these forum thugs bully you. In the real world they are just sheep anyway.
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    01-07-13 11:31 PM
    I think Dvorak has lost his mind. His idea of a double-sided phone is just stupid and it'd never work - I suspect he was being facetious though.
    A double-sided BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry OS 10 would be an interesting way to provide both a full touch screen experience and traditional physical keyboard experience in a single device. That said, none of the RIM-approved designs for the upcoming physical keyboard smartphones grabs me. If I cannot have the BlackBerry Blade then I will have to go all touch screen if I am moving to BlackBerry 10. Maybe I will use the BlackBerry Z10 as a personal smartphone and keep my BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780 for professional use. Decisions, compromises, decisions, compromises...
    01-08-13 12:00 AM
    A double-sided BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry OS 10 would be an interesting way to provide both a full touch screen experience and traditional physical keyboard experience in a single device. That said, none of the RIM-approved designs for the upcoming physical keyboard smartphones grabs me. If I cannot have the BlackBerry Blade then I will have to go all touch screen if I am moving to BlackBerry 10. Maybe I will use the BlackBerry Z10 as a personal smartphone and keep my BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780 for professional use. Decisions, compromises, decisions, compromises...
    If you people really want the Blade or TK Victory go Android because then you care more for aesthetics than practicality. Almost none of the concept phones would be practical to make, they would break easily, the design won't allow for any good hardware to fit, yet you bash RIM if they give you something practical and robust, something that won't break the first time you drop it and something that has room for some good hardware. Think about it logically and the RIM approved designs are actually pretty darn good!
    01-08-13 12:29 AM
    Claiming 99% don't care is ignorant.
    They don't care because 99% of consumers have never heard of BB10.
    01-08-13 12:37 AM
    Back in the day, I would read Dvorak's op ed pieces in the PC mags, just like I would tune in to Andy Rooney, and for those of you north of the 49th, listen to Don Cherry on HNIC. Did I agree with what they said? NO, but it was entertaining, and SOMETIMES gave me food for thought. That is all they are designed to do. Lets not give them any more power than that. It's not worth the indigestion, and Blacklatino, you are right. more fibre.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-08-13 01:56 AM
    OMG, this thread is still here.
    Instead of wasting so much time on the writer why not just send him this link, he might just get it.

RIM � BB10 True End-Game is QNX & NOC! � Serious Mobile

This John C. Dvorak has got to be the biggest ***** ever. Read his bashing of RIM below!-rim-bb10-homescreen.jpg
    Last edited by TomJasper; 01-08-13 at 02:27 AM.
    01-08-13 02:11 AM
    Yeah, I read it the day it came out and brushed it off like so much dandruff. Guess he missed the turn when all the other "cool kids " realized BlackBerry ain't fading away, ain't gonna say "give ", and will keep beating the ten count. Reminds me of what Chuck Wepner said about Sonny "the Bear " Liston - " After I broke his jaw in the second round...he hit me harder than any man has a right to be hit. I had to be packed in ice for 3 days. ". They've said and done everything to BlackBerry that they can think of. Not only has the 'Berry not gone down, he's starting to look a little annoyed.
    So, ya wanna look like an *****? Just keep talking. We got long memories and nothin' but time...
    #BB10Believe
    01-08-13 02:42 AM
    Surprising thing is I do agree with his general sentiments. As for the BB not being a smartphone, he is wrong and so are the ninnies who agree with him. A cellular telephone with built-in applications and Internet access. In addition to digital voice service, modern smartphones provide text messaging, e-mail, Web browsing, still and video cameras, MP3 player and video playback and calling. In addition to their built-in functions, smartphones run myriad free and paid applications, turning the once single-minded cellphone into a mobile personal computer.
    Stating otherwise is silly, still RIM does need to do this well...the Storm was indeed horrible, the Playbook is not. Objectivity is a **** of a thing, supporting BB does mean that I can acknowledge its faults. However, objectivity also means that dont pretend for once as if the Nondroid...sorry Android and the youPhone...that one, are the bees knees. Without apps they are nothing, without apps, the BB is still close to them, no?
    NonDroid? Youphone? Oh dear. Doesnt help make your post look very mature.
    Last line's the killer though, without apps theyd all be equal.
    Thats like saying if you took the keyboard out of a Bold device, typing would be the same as on an iPhone.
    Like saying if you took out the picture tube, TVs and radios are pretty similar.
    It doesnt make sense.
    Apps make smartphones smart. BBOS lacks apps bigtime. As such BlackBerries become little more than feature phones, with severely limited functionality compared to other OSes. Funnily enough that makes current gen BB devices toys not tools compared to the competition.
    BB10 hopes to change that, but either because they want to save everything for launch or because they have nothing to show, theres no evidence whatsoever that trend will change come Jan 30. Yet.
    I hope it does but the one hardware spec that doesnt depend on the OS and is still important to consumers is the camera, and all evidence points to the 8MP shooter in BB10s flagships being about 4 MP behind the crowd come launch time. Not a good start.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-08-13 03:35 AM
    But it's an "opinion piece". How can you call for someone to be punished for expressing an opinion, and then scream about your rights to speak freely??
    It's the "you are entitled to an opinion as long as it address with mine" crowd.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-08-13 03:37 AM
    NonDroid? Youphone? Oh dear. Doesnt help make your post look very mature.
    Last line's the killer though, without apps theyd all be equal.
    Thats like saying if you took the keyboard out of a Bold device, typing would be the same as on an iPhone.
    Like saying if you took out the picture tube, TVs and radios are pretty similar.
    It doesnt make sense.
    Apps make smartphones smart. BBOS lacks apps bigtime. As such BlackBerries become little more than feature phones, with severely limited functionality compared to other OSes. Funnily enough that makes current gen BB devices toys not tools compared to the competition.
    BB10 hopes to change that, but either because they want to save everything for launch or because they have nothing to show, theres no evidence whatsoever that trend will change come Jan 30. Yet.
    I hope it does but the one hardware spec that doesnt depend on the OS and is still important to consumers is the camera, and all evidence points to the 8MP shooter in BB10s flagships being about 4 MP behind the crowd come launch time. Not a good start.
    Look I get your point here. Apps are important, but without apps what is an iPhone? What is Android without apps? Nothing that's it. Little a more than amateur camera with a weak internet browsers. No instagram. No skype. Not even angry birds to keep you busy. Blackberry without apps is still the most secure platform in the world. And what's really the difference between 8mp and 11mp? Except file size? If you really want a professional camera buy a Nikon or Canon, because no matter what they would still be light years ahead of phone cameras. I agree its good to get a nice, quality shot in once in a while, but anything more than 6mp in a phone is a waste actually. This is evident in so many phones still using 5mp and below. And lastly if you really only need camera power on your phone, get the nokia 808 pureview with its ridiculous 41mp camera.
    01-08-13 04:05 AM
    Look I get your point here. Apps are important, but without apps what is an iPhone? What is Android without apps? Nothing that's it. Little a more than amateur camera with a weak internet browsers. No instagram. No skype. Not even angry birds to keep you busy. Blackberry without apps is still the most secure platform in the world. And what's really the difference between 8mp and 11mp? Except file size? If you really want a professional camera buy a Nikon or Canon, because no matter what they would still be light years ahead of phone cameras. I agree its good to get a nice, quality shot in once in a while, but anything more than 6mp in a phone is a waste actually. This is evident in so many phones still using 5mp and below. And lastly if you really only need camera power on your phone, get the nokia 808 pureview with its ridiculous 41mp camera.
    I can see a part of your point as well, but the problem is over 95% of consumers dont really care about security. Another 4.9% are probably overestimating how important their communications, pictures etc really are in the grand scheme of things.
    So security isnt really a selling point for the average consumer.

Functionality is. Enjoyability is. So being able to play games, or search and load torrents, or access my Mac at home through a 3G connection, or video chat with family abroad, these are all things consumers care about. Deeply.
    Its what they demand from their smartphones today, entertainment, functionality, everything.
    Having an OS like the PlayBook, which in itself is pretty awesome, is useless when the main selling features, like 'true multitasking', are irrelevant because there arent enough decent apps to make use of it.

And of course, in an ideal world, people would either carry around a pro camera or a beast like the 808, but the truth is Symbian is awful and pro cameras mean one more thing to carry.
    People want the convenience of having a decent camera on the device they already carry around with them, same deal with GPS units and GPS on phones.
    And theres a huge difference in 5MP cameras vs 8MP cameras. A lot is down the sensor, but even so, pics taken on my 5MP 9900 are awful compared to the ones on my 8MP Android device.
    Im making a huge photo mosaic now for my baby's first birthday, of pics taken completely on smartphones since she was born, and you can tell the 9900 pics from the Razr pics even on the collage, the 9900 pics are really really bad.
    In the end, if youre asking for top dollar for a phone, and BB10 devices arent going to be budget affairs, why wouldnt people demand the best for their money?
    01-08-13 04:20 AM
    "what ifs" and whatever in retrospect doesn't matter. you may as well say "what if m and j didn't mess up?"

in business, the dollar vote is what's important. not what ifs

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 04:31 AM
    They find apps to be confusing and difficult to figure out. They cannot understand downloading. They think some of the features are just dumb.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha afskjjdskjdsjasdfjkasjkdfkjaskjd
    01-08-13 05:07 AM
    I can see a part of your point as well, but the problem is over 95% of consumers dont really care about security. Another 4.9% are probably overestimating how important their communications, pictures etc really are in the grand scheme of things.
    So security isnt really a selling point for the average consumer.

Functionality is. Enjoyability is. So being able to play games, or search and load torrents, or access my Mac at home through a 3G connection, or video chat with family abroad, these are all things consumers care about. Deeply.
    Its what they demand from their smartphones today, entertainment, functionality, everything.
    Having an OS like the PlayBook, which in itself is pretty awesome, is useless when the main selling features, like 'true multitasking', are irrelevant because there arent enough decent apps to make use of it.

And of course, in an ideal world, people would either carry around a pro camera or a beast like the 808, but the truth is Symbian is awful and pro cameras mean one more thing to carry.
    People want the convenience of having a decent camera on the device they already carry around with them, same deal with GPS units and GPS on phones.
    And theres a huge difference in 5MP cameras vs 8MP cameras. A lot is down the sensor, but even so, pics taken on my 5MP 9900 are awful compared to the ones on my 8MP Android device.
    Im making a huge photo mosaic now for my baby's first birthday, of pics taken completely on smartphones since she was born, and you can tell the 9900 pics from the Razr pics even on the collage, the 9900 pics are really really bad.
    In the end, if youre asking for top dollar for a phone, and BB10 devices arent going to be budget affairs, why wouldnt people demand the best for their money?
    I get that. The 9900 doesn't have the best camera and it lacks autofocus
    , but what I'm trying to get to is there isn't much difference for a smartphone if you go 8mp+. That's when the optics of the lens start to matter more than the mp count. You could take better photos with Nokia and the Carl Zeiss lenses than most phones that are 3 or 4mp above it and I have to commend Nokia there, they make some good cameras, but what I'm trying to say is the camera mp count, like all the other specs can be as high as they like, without right implementation it would still suck. Again take the 9900s camera for example, its actually a good camera, but it doesn't have autofocus and that's what is killing it. That's why people should stop looking at specs alone and start to see how they function and integrate with the OS and the rest of the specs, because that is what really matters and makes your experience better.
    bobauckland likes this.
    01-08-13 05:25 AM
    OMG, this thread is still here.
    Instead of wasting so much time on the writer why not just send him this link, he might just get it.

RIM – BB10 True End-Game is QNX & NOC! � Serious Mobile

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rim-bb10-homescreen.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	130569
    I don't want him to get it I want to see the guy out of work. Sorry if that seems cruel but if I had my way he'd have lots of company.
    01-08-13 08:11 AM
    Report BlackBerry Torcher because he wants to destroy John C. Dork? PLEASE!!!!! One ***** here threatened the President Obama saying he needs to go back to Africa. So BlackBerry Torcher you say what you want and don't let these forum thugs bully you. In the real world they are just sheep anyway.
    Thanks. Report me for making an opinion. How about reporting John c dum dum for releasing false misleading information? Happy he came back to concede defeat though lol.
    01-08-13 08:48 AM
    Nothing is wrong with an opinion piece. But the fact of the matter is that blackberry is a smartphone, and not less than one. Saying its less then one, or not a smart phone is not an opinion. Its an incorrect fact that is poisoning the uninformed reader's minds.
    01-08-13 09:45 AM
    John C. Dvorak is an admitted "hit monger," He made a career doing this with Apple, now he's doing it with RIM.

I was talking with [John] Dvorak at the Vloggercon party this evening (2006), and he started telling a story about how he deliberately pisses Mac users off to get flow for his stories, and I said, hold a minute, I want to record this, and **** if he didn't stop and repeat it for me and my video camera.
    Here is the .
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    01-08-13 09:56 AM
    BlackberryTorcher,you have a powerful ally, that I think will address your concerns.

Watch it all or sip ahead to one hour/twenty six minutes (1:26) for the relevant section from Kevin.

Thanks. Report me for making an opinion. How about reporting John c dum dum for releasing false misleading information? Happy he came back to concede defeat though lol.
    01-08-13 10:03 AM
    Just a thought.......instead of firing, tar & feathering all writers that are not on the BlackBerry Bandwagon -yet, wouldn't it make more sense to use them to further the RIM /BlackBerry road to prominence? Most on this forum are already there regarding BlackBerry-just waiting on the sell from the carrier and looking past the launch. Positive written words would go farther from someone anti-Rim(with a change-of-heart regarding BlackBerries), than someone proclaiming to be the defender of BlackBerry at all cost. You love BBs. So, it's expected. Otherwise, why not send him an email with your full name: mr. badazzrimluvinmf? Then you can let him have both barrels. Go ahead.......walk the talk.
    Sent from my badazz SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-08-13 at 06:28 PM.
    mikeo007 and kevinnugent like this.
    01-08-13 10:06 AM
    Typical guerilla marketing, as I said previously,me thinks some apologies are in order, from some,to BlackberryTorcher. Nice find sosumi11, puts everything in perspective , without wiggle room.
    01-08-13 10:11 AM
132 ... 23456