let me get the facts right - you want to destroy somebody's life because he has a negative impression/opinion on an unreleased device which you plan on buying?

your malicious intents are worse than that of the most hardcore apple fanboys and i am reporting your post

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That's not right either, the op has a right to his opinions.
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    01-07-13 04:21 PM
    That's it! I am quitting my "real" job to write bulls@it journalism and blog. The Internet has given rise to people with no chance of landing real jobs to do what this guy dvorak does.
    01-07-13 04:29 PM
    Hahahahaha!!!! This guy is funny!! True comedy right there!! Maybe he should make a tech show for TV and they could air it on Comedy Central lol! Seriously, but if we look at his trends for being wrong then we can expect something wonderful from BB10!! I agree with everybody: why the hate? Why can't you just appreciate this comedy mastermind? Let me list his biggest jokes: 1) nobody is gonna buy the iPhone and its design would be "pass�" in 3 months. Lol did he get it right? 2) I can't wait to get home to use my OS/2 powered pc. Uhhm how about no 3) WTH is Netscape?? Is it like the thing Felix Baumgartener used to jump out of last year?? And finally 4) BlackBerry is not a smartphone. At least he got that one right... Its not a smartphone... its THE smartphone!! BB10 FTW!!
    Last edited by mundell_eb; 01-07-13 at 04:53 PM.
    01-07-13 04:40 PM
    Well by the time real progress is shown the stock will be a lot higher than it is now. Hummmm
    01-07-13 04:48 PM
    Surprising thing is I do agree with his general sentiments. As for the BB not being a smartphone, he is wrong and so are the ninnies who agree with him. A cellular telephone with built-in applications and Internet access. In addition to digital voice service, modern smartphones provide text messaging, e-mail, Web browsing, still and video cameras, MP3 player and video playback and calling. In addition to their built-in functions, smartphones run myriad free and paid applications, turning the once single-minded cellphone into a mobile personal computer.
    Stating otherwise is silly, still RIM does need to do this well...the Storm was indeed horrible, the Playbook is not. Objectivity is a **** of a thing, supporting BB does mean that I can acknowledge its faults. However, objectivity also means that dont pretend for once as if the Nondroid...sorry Android and the youPhone...that one, are the bees knees. Without apps they are nothing, without apps, the BB is still close to them, no?
    01-07-13 04:49 PM
    He talks about blackberry like they are less then smartphones. He talks about the playbook like is hasn't been sold for years. Like it's a distant memory. It's still in stores!!!!! Wonder if the latest android tablet will be in stores after two years?
    ddlax22 likes this.
    01-07-13 05:06 PM
    He talks about blackberry like they are less then smartphones. He talks about the playbook like is hasn't been sold for years. Like it's a distant memory. It's still in stores!!!!! Wonder if the latest android tablet will be in stores after two years?
    Most android tablets wont even sell as many units as the PB has and it's still going strong!
    01-07-13 05:22 PM
    Just more shorts fodder,nothing to see here.
    01-07-13 05:28 PM
    " I have noticed an interesting trend as die-hard BlackBerry and feature phone users slowly move to smartphones."

hes basically saying blackberrys are not smartphones. he loses credibility
    01-07-13 05:51 PM
    Hahahahaha!!!! This guy is funny!! True comedy right there!! Maybe he should make a tech show for TV and they could air it on Comedy Central lol!
    Funny you should say that. John and Adam Curry (one of the early MTV VJ's) have been doing a podcast for just about as long as CrackBerry has been around, since 2007, called "No Agenda Show". They take no advertising and rely on contributions from their listeners like PBS does to continue. John likes to kid they make just enough every week to make the next podcast. Point is he's had a fairly loyal following since that time - they did episode 476 last week. They probably have a bigger audience than most cable shows here in the USA, and like What'sApp, you (the collective community)probably never heard of him (just having some fun here).

John also is a very regular guest on Leo Laporte's "This Week in Tech" on this TWIT.TV podcasting network, and was in fact there last Sunday. When Leo was away recently, John was the host of that show.

Someone before me said he likes being a curmudgeon and that's an apt description of him. He likes to tweak and comes across as an equal opportunity complainer. He has a Galaxy Nexus (I know because he mentioned it during TWIT this week), but is no fanboy of it except it seems to work better for him than other things he's tried.

Consider the source on this one. Not really worth getting riled about, no one is not going to their carrier to buy a BB10 because John said so, except maybe some of the listeners of his shows on Sunday and Thursday they seem fairly hardcore fans.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-07-13 05:58 PM
    I think he actually used a BB back when they had the pearl and that is this knowledge he uses to speculate about the current state of RIM. I think he needs to be fired, my opinion, what he did could be considered slander.
    What he did was get people talking about and reading what he wrote. That's what he's paid for, I guess. Job done.
    Blacklatino and lorax1284 like this.
    01-07-13 06:12 PM
    What he did was get people talking about and reading what he wrote. That's what he's paid for, I guess. Job done.

Exactly! Now when you google his name (OP put it out there in BIG letters,lol) this thread will come up no doubt.

Still nothing to see though.

Just so ya all know , this is the same dude who said in 2007 that the Green Fruit Company would fail .... there , now that's some inspiration,lol.
    01-07-13 07:16 PM
    let me get the facts right - you want to destroy somebody's life because he has a negative impression/opinion on an unreleased device which you plan on buying?

your malicious intents are worse than that of the most hardcore apple fanboys and i am reporting your post

No matter what you say, I stand by my opinion. Someone writing for a major publication needs to get his facts straight or not write at all. He is feeding the misinformed public more bad information and for that he needs to lose his livelihood. Report as you wish but you can not stifle my right to speak freely.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-07-13 08:25 PM
    But it's an "opinion piece". How can you call for someone to be punished for expressing an opinion, and then scream about your rights to speak freely??
    Jean-luc_Picard likes this.
    01-07-13 08:34 PM
    Now that right there is funny !

Dvorak has and always will be a joke. The fact he even has a job in tech is sad after being wrong again and again.

This is the guy who said he didn't think the mouse would ever catch on.
    01-07-13 08:35 PM
    That's not right either, the op has a right to his opinions.
    Thanks some people would stop you from breathing if they could.
    TomJasper and Bobert_123 like this.
    01-07-13 08:40 PM
    But it's an "opinion piece". How can you call for someone to be punished for expressing an opinion, and then scream about your rights to speak freely??
    I can because I don't write for a major publication under obligation to publish facts. Go figure. If a news reporter mixes his or her opinion with facts and the public buys into it is that the same as someone like a high schooler making an opinion amongst peers? People in the public eye have a duty and responsibility to report facts even when giving their opinions.
    TomJasper likes this.
    01-07-13 08:50 PM
    I can because I don't write for a major publication under obligation to publish facts. Go figure. If a news reporter mixes his or her opinion with facts and the public buys into it is that the same as someone like a high schooler making an opinion amongst peers? People in the public eye have a duty and responsibility to report facts even when giving their opinions.
    Except when they are giving their "opinion". You are confusing facts with opinions. Show me where it's written that people's opinions have to be factual? Anyway, you win. You're more "dedicated" than me.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-07-13 08:56 PM
    Exactly! Now when you google his name (OP put it out there in BIG letters,lol) this thread will come up no doubt.

Still nothing to see though.

Just so ya all know , this is the same dude who said in 2007 that the Green Fruit Company would fail .... there , now that's some inspiration,lol.
    Well then, I certainly hope he says the same about RIM
    01-07-13 09:01 PM

The only thing I disagree with the OP post is the the OP post gave the writer ( who is not on Crackberry.com by the way ) more attention than he deserves, it's that darn google spider,yikes, that just gave the writer more eyeballs.

As for ruining the life of a writer outside the domain of Crackberry.com , I think that's reaching, in fact I'll bet the writer relishes more eyeballs on his writing/s, it's called guerilla marketing, and by the looks of this thread the writer has done just that ie. got responses which in turn makes him more $$$.

I can understand Crackberry.com having rules attacking others posters opinions but when you advocate a poster/s can't speak to writers outside of Crackberry.com I think that's going too far as there are already rules in place outside of Crackberry.com that would speak to anything that would be way over the top legally. Perhaps a MOD can give some direction, as I myself don't see any rules broken, then again that's just my opinion.
    01-07-13 09:04 PM
    It's not that a BB can't do them, it's how quickly and efficiently can it do them compared to the iPhone and Android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    thats beside the point. if it Nan do it, then its a smartphone. albeit it may be a slower smartphone.
    its like saying a toyota prius is now a bike because it isnt as good or fast as an aston martin db9.
    awful article. poorly researched and should never have seen the light of day

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 09:10 PM
    I read the article and I think you guys are all too polite... this is completely bull
    01-07-13 09:28 PM
    I have listened to John C. Dvorak on TWiT. I like what he says. I might not agree with him, but that is besides the point. I think he writes things to get people talking. Just like this thread. He said something, and now this thread has gone on for 3 pages, in about 12 hours. His job is done.
    antiRIM, randall2580 and TomJasper like this.
    01-07-13 09:34 PM
    I don't let this kinda stuff work me up anymore. I simply don't care and have better things to read than misinformed pieces like this. Most of us here already know RIM's strengths and weaknesses and the position the company is in.

BlackBerry 10 will stand on its own merits when it's out...nothing a Negative Nancy or Positive Polly is going to say or write will affect that.
    01-07-13 09:51 PM
    Unless he PHYSICALLY attacked you or your offspring, this is not a reasonable reaction.
    Yeah. IMO, Over-the-top!!!!!
    01-07-13 10:19 PM
132 12345 ...