at least he is talking about BB10, sort of, RIM seems like a big blur to him, he does not distinguish the
    old and new OS, his opinion might be representative of a lot of people...
    Bingo. He doesn't know all the facts because he doesn't care. Enter 99% of consumers, ignorance is bliss.
    01-07-13 10:12 AM
    Bingo. He doesn't know all the facts because he doesn't care. Enter 99% of consumers, ignorance is bliss.
    Claiming 99% don't care is ignorant.
    01-07-13 10:54 AM
    Claiming 99% don't care is ignorant.
    Claiming the opposite is equally ignorant.
    01-07-13 11:00 AM
    YouTube War, (band from the 70's) "why can't we be friends"...breath deep and relax, it will be fine.
    01-07-13 11:09 AM
    Claiming the opposite is equally ignorant.

Claiming that I claimed the opposite is even more ignorant. We can do this all day.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    01-07-13 11:14 AM
    John C. Dvorak is the Andy Rooney of the tech world. Pay him no mind, he's a harmless old koot.
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    01-07-13 11:14 AM
    Claiming that I claimed the opposite is even more ignorant. We can do this all day.
    Good thing I never claimed that, eh?
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    01-07-13 11:15 AM
    I would have to agree with trelawrence lets relax. He can write what ever he wants. I noticed he said his son has an I -phone. I really wonder what type of phone he is using. My guess is a desk phone with an answering machine.
    01-07-13 11:32 AM
    I've read a lot of his articles over the years. He is a lot smarter than that. Very little effort on that one.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-07-13 12:02 PM
    Dvorak has and always will be a joke. The fact he even has a job in tech is sad after being wrong again and again.

This is the guy who said he didn't think the mouse would ever catch on.
    01-07-13 12:08 PM
    Why the hate?
    Step back, look at it objectively and the guy has a few points. May have made them in not the most subtle of manners, but he does have points.
    The PlayBook is seen by many as one of the worst tablets available. Its the tech product I most regret buying. Its been on firesales for ages, and unlike almost any other tech gadget, it refuses to sell out, cos no one wants it as its little more than a paperweight.
    I sometimes miss my 9900 For the keyboard. Thats what people love about BlackBerries. Of course theyre not proper smartphones. I can do miles more on my Android than I could on my 9900. Thats why I cant go back. The hardware is better, in important ways like the camera, and the app availability means I can be travelling and find a torrent I want, and set it so its downloading at home even when Im at work. Thats just one example.
    The most you will get out of a BlackBerry is quick access to a browser. Thats not good enough for a smartphone.
    Thats what RIM hopes to change with BB10. Id like a smartphone with a RIM keyboard. Many people would.
    But for now, OS7 devices cant be called smartphones when you look at what the competitors can do.
    01-07-13 12:36 PM
    You call that a bashing article? Someone has their panties in a bunch. It is merely opinion. Get over it.
    Rello and mikeo007 like this.
    01-07-13 12:55 PM
    I suppose he could have taken the time to read the reviews those who have seen the device wrote but that would have taken an effort.
    By the way, does he still write for anyone. I can't remember the last time I read one of his articles, if he is the guy I think he is.
    01-07-13 12:58 PM
    Unless he PHYSICALLY attacked you or your offspring, this is not a reasonable reaction.
    Why the hate?
    Step back, look at it objectively and the guy has a few points. May have made them in not the most subtle of manners, but he does have points.
    The PlayBook is seen by many as one of the worst tablets available. Its the tech product I most regret buying. Its been on firesales for ages, and unlike almost any other tech gadget, it refuses to sell out, cos no one wants it as its little more than a paperweight.
    I sometimes miss my 9900 For the keyboard. Thats what people love about BlackBerries. Of course theyre not proper smartphones. I can do miles more on my Android than I could on my 9900. Thats why I cant go back. The hardware is better, in important ways like the camera, and the app availability means I can be travelling and find a torrent I want, and set it so its downloading at home even when Im at work. Thats just one example.
    The most you will get out of a BlackBerry is quick access to a browser. Thats not good enough for a smartphone.
    Thats what RIM hopes to change with BB10. Id like a smartphone with a RIM keyboard. Many people would.
    But for now, OS7 devices cant be called smartphones when you look at what the competitors can do.
    You call that a bashing article? Someone has their panties in a bunch. It is merely opinion. Get over it.
    I agree will all you.....why is this such a big deal. We've seen sites like BGR write way worse than this. This is very light bashing if u can even call it that. At least he didn't say RIM is completely dead and shouldn't even try putting out BB10.

At the end of the day...its just a phone people. No need to get upset because someone doesnt like the same brand we do
    Last edited by Rello; 01-07-13 at 01:13 PM.
    01-07-13 01:01 PM
    wow...i think some of you have gone bezerk..lol
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-07-13 01:10 PM
    By the way, does he still write for anyone. I can't remember the last time I read one of his articles, if he is the guy I think he is.
    I'm pretty sure he has written for PC Magazine since the beginning, and still does - John C. Dvorak (Author Bio) - Page 1 | PCMag.com

SM
    01-07-13 01:19 PM
    John C. Dvorak is well known in the tech world as a curmudgeon. I remember him predicting that nobody would want to buy an iPhone when the first generation was announced. I used to enjoy listening to him on a popular tech podcast. His modus operandi is to grump about everything. He is seldom correct in his predictions.
    ...and MarketWatch has the integrity (stupidity?) to keep these old posts findable and live:

Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone - MarketWatch

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone
    Commentary: Company risks its reputation in competitive business"
    01-07-13 01:36 PM
    I've always loved the way Dvorack gets people's dander up. I well remember his rants on how OS/2 would kill Micorosoft and Windows, and Netscape would win the browser wars. I still have a Dvorak simplified keyboard from the 80s. Even though he had nothing to do with the device (It originally came out in 1936) he pushed it heavily in the 80s-90s because of it's name.
    I take anything he reports on very lightly.
    01-07-13 03:08 PM
    I'm pretty sure he has written for PC Magazine since the beginning, and still does - John C. Dvorak (Author Bio) - Page 1 | PCMag.com

SM
    Yeah, I read an issue of PC Magazine on my PlayBook via Zinio just yesterday. He always has an editorial at the back. I also remember reading his stuff back in the 90's as a kid.
    01-07-13 03:29 PM
    I've always loved the way Dvorack gets people's dander up. I well remember his rants on how OS/2 would kill Micorosoft and Windows, and Netscape would win the browser wars. I still have a Dvorak simplified keyboard from the 80s. Even though he had nothing to do with the device (It originally came out in 1936) he pushed it heavily in the 80s-90s because of it's name.
    I take anything he reports on very lightly.
    Yeah, he just hates RIM because they use a qwerty and not a Dvorak layout on their keyboard.
    01-07-13 03:41 PM
    In 21 days most of these articles will have been forgotten like yesterday's dinner.
    01-07-13 03:48 PM
    I agree will all you.....why is this such a big deal. We've seen sites like BGR write way worse than this. This is very light bashing if u can even call it that. At least he didn't say RIM is completely dead and shouldn't even try putting out BB10.

At the end of the day...its just a phone people. No need to get upset because someone doesnt like the same brand we do
    Yah I'm trying mighty hard to conjure up some righteous indignation but I just can't seem to find the reason why....

Opinion piece.

Vast majority of what he says is documented and easily found.

Nothing to see here.....going outside to play.
    Rello and jakie55 like this.
    01-07-13 03:50 PM
    -Slowly reaches down and takes a handful of popcorn.
    01-07-13 03:57 PM
    ...double-sided phone...
    Since this is just an opinion piece and nothing will come from this thread other than maybe a banning or two. Here is an idea for a double-sided phone, well sort of.

Popslate launches iPhone 5 case with four-inch E Ink screen (video)
    01-07-13 04:12 PM
    what this guy doesn't seem to get is that hardware isn't the most important aspect of a smartphone, the OS that runs it is.
    01-07-13 04:19 PM
132 1234 ...