Ok this is kinda silly, but i'm trying out jive talk, and i really do like the features, and that it's a multi messenger system.. but i get bothered by the little things ... u know when u get a message, it pops up on the top? like 1 message, or voicemail, or facebook? jivetalk doesn't do that, so a lot of times i don't notice a new message that comes bc i'm used to looking at the top.. is there anyway to make this happen? i know it's silly, but it bugs me lol.. thanks!?
    01-09-09 09:11 PM
    What about LED notification?
    01-09-09 09:13 PM
    If you have the led notification on, you can change the color it blinks. Or you can set it up to have pop ups like aerize when you're not directly viewing the program itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 11:37 PM
    I get a notifier at the top of my screen for Jivetalk, like I do for when I have a new text. It looks like a bright orange speech bubble.

In Jivetalk, go to preferences and make sure that "Show Global New Message Indicator" is checked. That's what I did to get it on mine.

Hope this helps!

01-10-09 01:39 AM
    I get a notifier at the top of my screen for Jivetalk, like I do for when I have a new text. It looks like a bright orange speech bubble.

In Jivetalk, go to preferences and make sure that "Show Global New Message Indicator" is checked. That's what I did to get it on mine.

Hope this helps!

I went to preferences but I cannot find show global new message indicator. Where specifically is it?

01-10-09 07:54 AM
    Underneath "alerts." It's the second thing on the list.

Thinking about it though, this may be something they just added with v1.1.1, because I don't think I remember seeing it on the older versions.

01-10-09 08:52 AM
    Underneath "alerts." It's the second thing on the list.

Thinking about it though, this may be something they just added with v1.1.1, because I don't think I remember seeing it on the older versions.

I have version 1.1,1 and i only have two options:
    popup alerts in background and
    enable alert profile for sent messages

oh and to pick notification color.
    01-10-09 09:06 AM
    Weird. Maybe it's exclusive to the Bold version of JiveTalk right now then. :/

01-10-09 01:10 PM
    Weird. Maybe it's exclusive to the Bold version of JiveTalk right now then. :/

Maybe not. I'm using JiveTalk on my Bold and I do not have that option. It would be a very nice addition however.
    01-10-09 03:08 PM
    I don't see that option on mine, and I have v.1.1.1 too. What I would like is if they would allow you to assign your own buddy icon picture for your yahoo account. For all my other IM clients like AOL and WLM, beejive alllows you to assign your own icon picture, but for some reason, not for the yahoo messenger client.
    01-10-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD