Everyone speaks of JiveTalk and I need some info. I have Curve 8320 with six IMs that are standard, and I do not know why I would need Jive Talk. In my situation would Jive Talk be beneficial. I can intergrate all of the IMs and I do not understand if there is something more I would be able to do. Not new to Crackberry, been a member for at least 1 month, but this is my first post.
    12-16-07 12:18 PM
    Since you have the latest device and latest OS, it would not be compulsory to have JiveTalk. Albeit, all the IM applications are in one place / application...
    12-16-07 12:46 PM
    Thank you, I really appreciate the speedy reply
    12-16-07 12:53 PM
    The thing with Jive Talk, its very similar to the AIM etc of a sidekick.

With a few simple additions that make it better (imo)

You recieve your IM's immediately (service pending of course)
    You can add upto more than 200 Buddies per account.
    And the interface is more user friendly, can be altered, and you can even have Buddy icon support.

If i missed anything by all means let me know.
    12-16-07 12:54 PM
    ^ i was jus about to say that
    12-16-07 01:54 PM
    Im pretty sure i covered eberything.
    But add on if you must.

Oh! and its 20$ for a one time membership
    and 30$ for an unlimited transfer membership.

free for 30 days.

if you pay 20$, and break your phone, you have to pay 20$ again.
    with 30$ you dont pay again.
    12-16-07 02:03 PM
    Thanks for the info mr. era,i just downloaded the free trail,i didnt know about the pricing,love the user interface,after the trial im going to by it.thanks.
    12-16-07 06:36 PM
    i have only had my BB for 1 month now but love Jive Talk........ the best think i love about it is that the instant messaging is classed as data not text messages (like the BB standard im progs) so it makes the most of my data plan, plus its great lumping all your IM buddys together in one program - much quicker and easier to use.

on the pricing front i would reccmend going for the license that lets you use it on future devices....... i dont work for Jive Talk - honest!!

Ant
    Last edited by anthonybirdie; 12-17-07 at 01:17 AM.
    12-17-07 01:11 AM
    how do i add an icon using jive talk on my blackberry 8820. i have images that i emailed to my device and im wondering where to go to upload them as icon images?

ps. im new to this site so i apologize if i eneterd this question in the wrong place.

HELP PLEASE
    08-18-08 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD