One of the core members of the Android Central team, Jerry Hildenbrand, mentioned in the last Android Central podcast that he's going to start posting here on CrackBerry too.

This is great news! Jerry is one of the most insightful mobile tech experts around, with an expert understanding of technical hardware, software, coding etc (read some of his Android Central articles about 64bit socs to see what I mean, or really any of his articles), he cares about security (a lot), is always honest in his opinions, and is a former (and I think current) BlackBerry user who has high regard for the Priv.

Great news for us CrackBerry users!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 03:52 AM
    In before "Get lost! Go back to androidcentral!" BB10 fanboys' rant.

*C5303
    MikeX74, john_v and MC_A_DOT like this.
    08-21-16 04:35 AM
    New blood, great.
    But seriously, I couldn't care less.
    Jack Chin and skstrials like this.
    08-21-16 06:09 AM
    Sounds like he'll be a great addition to the community. Looking forward to reading his posts.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 07:24 AM
    New blood, great.
    But seriously, I couldn't care less.
    Why so negative man?
    If you don't want to read his articles nobody is going to force you to.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-21-16 07:53 AM
    Never heard of him.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    08-21-16 09:51 AM
    For those who haven't previously read his work, here are a couple of recent, non-technical, security focused, pieces written by Jerry Hildenbrand on Android Central:

Canadian court ruling on SMS privacy means you shouldn't be using SMS

Android malware — should you be worried?
    08-21-16 11:05 AM
    I for one welcome all new and old members and contributors back to Crackberry.
    08-21-16 12:14 PM
    He's awesome. I read his stuff on Android Central all the time.
    3Dee, eldricho, RobertP1 and 3 others like this.
    08-21-16 12:37 PM
    Lol. Soon to be called a troll. Hope he has thick skin. True android fans know that there are other android providers besides BBRY.
    08-21-16 01:01 PM
    Why! This is BB10 land!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 01:17 PM
    Good news. A fresh and honest opinion is always welcome.
    08-21-16 02:50 PM
    What's next? CrackBerry merges with Android Central?
    Oh I forgot. Since the Priv we ARE Android.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) #ILoveBB10Apps #ILoveBB10 #LoveHelloGames #NoMansSky
    Massehullah Farokh likes this.
    08-21-16 04:09 PM
    Lol. Soon to be called a troll. Hope he has thick skin. True android fans know that there are other android providers besides BBRY.
    That's why this is a BlackBerry site man. People here aren't necessarily android fans lol. With that said I've read some of Jerry's stuff and I welcome him. If you aren't using android or planning to then you might not get much out of anything he has to say. If you are well you could learn something. Seriously though, if you are a true android fan and could care less about BlackBerry why come in here? I'm using android again only because I realized that if I wanted more than texts phone calls and emails I was going to have to put the z30 down. Chose a BlackBerry to go back to android because of what they were offering. Because I'm back on android I look at android central as well but frankly I could care less right now about an android phone that isn't a BlackBerry. It Is a good ace to learn how to operate android be it BlackBerry or something else

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 08-22-16 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Trolling comment removed
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-21-16 04:18 PM
    That's why this is a BlackBerry site man. People here aren't necessarily android fans lol. With that said I've read some of Jerry's stuff and I welcome him. If you aren't using android or planning to then you might not get much out of anything he has to say. If you are well you could learn something. Seriously though, if you are a true android fan and could care less about BlackBerry why come in here? I'm using android again only because I realized that if I wanted more than texts phone calls and emails I was going to have to put the z30 down. Chose a BlackBerry to go back to android because of what they were offering. Because I'm back on android I look at android central as well but frankly I could care less right now about an android phone that isn't a BlackBerry. It Is a good ace to learn how to operate android be it BlackBerry or something else

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Agreed is there is a lot to learn on AndroidCentral that can help any DTEK or PRIV owner. While yes there is lot's of info on different phones, and it seems like a new phone gets released every week...

Info and tips on Marshmallow (and now Nougat) are always being blogged, reviews of apps or games can be helpful, reviews of other hardware that can work with whatever phone you may own. There are actually a number of interesting articles on the front page of Android Central today.... There is no doubt that BlackBerry has a large hardcore userbase. But if those users aren't tuning into AndroidCentral they are missing out. Because it would seem that MobileNations does not want to duplicate the relevant posting on CrackBerry.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 08-22-16 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Quote edited
    08-22-16 07:24 AM
    Very cool. Jerry's a good guy. Will be good to have him in these parts.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-22-16 07:58 AM
    Never heard of him.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    Ok?
    TGR1 and Massehullah Farokh like this.
    08-22-16 09:31 AM
    I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-22-16 10:04 AM
    He's posted on forums too, he's very good with Raspberry Pi too..

How-To: Controlling GPIO pins via the Internet - Connectedly Forum just an example...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-22-16 10:49 AM
    Jerry's coming because there's BlackBerry devices running Android and new ones coming down the pipes. Android Central is for all things Android which also now includes BlackBerry, but CrackBerry is and always has been the site for BlackBerry users and abusers. Jerry will be an excellent addition to CrackBerry because he delves into the inner workings of Android to see what makes it tick and has included the Priv on a few posts already on Android Central, so it only makes sense to bring him over to add commentary on BlackBerry devices running Android going forward. We were fans when they gave us devices running Java-based BBOS, we were fans when they gave us devices QNX-based BB10, and we're going to be the home of the Android-based crackberry as well. We've weathered a platform change before; there's always people for it and against it. Everyone needs to remember how to be grown adults if they disagree with and/or don't like what Jerry says - if anyone starts acting like children who can't have what they want, it won't be him needing thick skin.
    08-22-16 11:03 AM
    Jerry's coming because there's BlackBerry devices running Android and new ones coming down the pipes. Android Central is for all things Android which also now includes BlackBerry, but CrackBerry is and always has been the site for BlackBerry users and abusers. Jerry will be an excellent addition to CrackBerry because he delves into the inner workings of Android to see what makes it tick and has included the Priv on a few posts already on Android Central, so it only makes sense to bring him over to add commentary on BlackBerry devices running Android going forward. We were fans when they gave us devices running Java-based BBOS, we were fans when they gave us devices QNX-based BB10, and we're going to be the home of the Android-based crackberry as well. We've weathered a platform change before; there's always people for it and against it. Everyone needs to remember how to be grown adults if they disagree with and/or don't like what Jerry says - if anyone starts acting like children who can't have what they want, it won't be him needing thick skin.
    Wish I could give this more than one like!
    Thud Hardsmack, Elite1 and TGR1 like this.
    08-22-16 11:16 AM
    08-22-16 11:26 AM
    Why! This is BB10 land!
    BB10 land is slowly fading into history like BBOS land. Fortuneately we also now have BB Android land as we move into the future.
    johnny_bravo72 and Uzi like this.
    08-22-16 11:52 AM
    Don't know who he is... but welcome!
    08-22-16 01:02 PM
    I listen to the AC podcast frequently, and Jerry provides some great information and insight. CrackBerry can always use another voice like his. Welcome to CB, Jerry!
    grover5 likes this.
    08-22-16 01:43 PM
37 12