Wow thanks for the info. You are back.

From my ? phone.
    10-04-14 03:53 PM
    Damn,.. finally a real reason to hate BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:34 PM
    JC.

A person of your BlackBerry fame/stature should reach out to one of the chaps at Blackberry (Alex, Michael, etc,) and ask for their assistance.

The worst thing they could say is ``no``.
    10-04-14 05:01 PM
    Hey fellow BlackBerrians!

I unfortunately have some bad news for you all.
    Yesterday, I was trying to buy a BlackBerry Passport, since the re-stocked their inventory. I was proceeding with the checkout and had filled up the section of emails and address, than received a error message that the email I had put in, was already in their system.
    The reason was because, I had bought a phone a few months back and had forgotten that I had an account in their website but do no remember the password...

So this is where it gets tricky, I tried to change the password, since I did not remember it. I had looked on their website and found "reset" BlackBerry ID, which honestly I thought would just give me a new password to insert. Little did I know... "resetting" meant deleting my BlackBerry ID....

I tried created a new one with the same exact ID with all information of my previous account. I thought that everything would be fine and I would be able to use my account back to normal.

I soon found out that the account I made might have had the exact same information, but is not the same as the one before. Meaning.... I have lost my bbm account. All my contacts are gone. My bbm groups are gone. My channel! .... is gone.........
    To add to that, I tried to restore a backup file I had made to at least have all the apps, media and settings on to my phone... But it doesn't allow me to restore it since it doesn't have the same BlackBerry ID.... So I pretty much would need to re-download and re-purchase the apps again... Which is a bummer...

It's really frustrating that all of this happens to me, when I tried buying a Passport.

BUT my main message to you guys, is sorry!
    I don't want you guys to think that I am ignoring you when you are trying to chat with me on bbm! Sorry that my channel will no longer be updated. I'll probably make a new bbm account and even make a new channel, but I'm still trying to figure out the app issues and can't seem to login bbm. Once all of that's done. Everything will be back to normal and hopefully those who subscribed to channel, will subscribe again to my new one. All those who had me on their bbm contacts, adds me back... And we all have a great year for #TeamBlackBerry

Update: I'll broadcast my new bbm and channel here in this post so you guys can add me or subscribe! Cheers!

Please share this post.

Thank you,
    JC

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    Dude! That's sad for you. Even I faced similar problem months back when I switched from BBOS 7 Curve 9320 to BBOS 10 Q10. It takes time, but I know you will get through this very easily. Waiting for you to post your new channel pin. And seriously I don't know 'Why I hate your channel and videos!' Haha.. . Good Luck buddy. Cheers!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 (BBM Channel C002CA0BA)
    10-05-14 12:22 PM
    Maintenant on conna�t que BlackBerry n'aime pas JC!
    Good luck trying to get everything back up and running.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 12:52 PM
    J_Caloy you had me thinking John Chen's BlackBerry Messenger account had been deleted from the BBM service. A situation portending bad outcome methinks. As I read your posting I realized you were using JC for yourself and "BBM gone" erroneously when you meant BBID. I was about to put in a sell order for my non-existent one billion BlackBerry shares. You almost gave me a heart attack.
    10-05-14 02:36 PM
    That same thing happened to me about two days ago. I tried to "reset" my BlackBerryID, thinking it was resetting my password, and it deleted my account.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 05:10 PM
    This happens to me before with an older device. TG it wasn't my primary

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 05:40 PM
    At least it doesn't give you unlimited tries... ;-)
    There are hundreds of stories when an iPad was "auto"-synced to an "empty" computer and deleted everything on it. Stuff happens...

Sometimes I'm glad when this stuff happens early when discovering a new product, instead of later when the loss is immeasurably more costly...

This happened shortly after I got my Q10 at launch last year...

When lavabit.com shut down, I had forgotten my BBID password, because I never typed it too many times after creating the account. The password reset via email didn't work anymore, lavabit.com had discontinued service because of NSA and Edward Snowden ...
    (Thanks Ladar Levison for not giving in and for protecting our rights then! )

Losing my BBID... AND my business + private email accounts hurt me a fair bit... (glad I used POP in those days, not IMAP)

That happens when using secure stuff, but I rather have it that way than the other way, resetting passwords with a few silly "security" questions or sweeeeeeeeet-talking some call-center operator...

-------

J_Caloy, hope you get back on your digital feet again quickly, I did!

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-05-14 05:50 PM
    That same thing happened to me about two days ago. I tried to "reset" my BlackBerryID, thinking it was resetting my password, and it deleted my account.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the BlackBerry team should consider renaming or re-wording this.

Seems to cause a bit of confusion and subsequent digital damage...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-05-14 05:56 PM
    No offense JC but it's kinnda your own fault. Attention to detail is the most important quality

Posted via CB10
    shupor likes this.
    10-05-14 07:13 PM
    Why not save all your passwords in Password Manager? Would have saved a lot of heartache, saved me plenty of times. Bit late after the fact though! Sorry to hear this JC. Looking forward to seeing why you HATE the Passport.
    10-05-14 07:16 PM
    *tears*

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 08:24 PM
    I gave up on the BBM giving you everything back thing, heck it periodically deletes my chats and resets everything just because it wants too, BBM was going good until they started making useless updates like new invite screen and all that crap instead of a new features like saving chats or cloud backup and all the other missing stuff.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:46 PM
    Major bummer! Take your time with the transition. We're a patient bunch. Right, guys?

Zoom Zoom Z30
    10-05-14 10:18 PM
    Lol funny videos JC

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:38 PM
    Groups can be recovered fortunately if you join them again with your new BBID. But for your Channels, maybe you can ask support if it is possible to migrate your Channels to this new BBID? Or did it delete the entire channel in the "resetting" process?
    10-06-14 06:33 AM
    No offense JC but it's kinnda your own fault. Attention to detail is the most important quality

Posted via CB10
    I'm not pointing fingers. I made this post to advice everyone that I won't be active on bbm and bbm channels. That's it. Never said anything bad about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-06-14 11:58 AM
    Sad to hear that happen to you JC. But I'm happy to hear you have a new passport and there's a chance we could see you hating on it

Charge it to experience. Next time... password keeper hehehe

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    10-06-14 12:06 PM
    Didn't know john Chen had his own bbm channel...

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    10-06-14 05:36 PM
    I had to re-read this carefully because I first thought John Chen's BBM is gone. I didn't know he was on BBM.
    10-06-14 06:18 PM
    Set it up fast. Looking forward to the "I hate my Passport video"

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:17 PM

Yesterday, I was trying to buy a BlackBerry Passport, since the re-stocked their inventory. I was proceeding with the checkout and had filled up the section of emails and address, than received a error message that the email I had put in, was already in their system.
    The reason was because, I had bought a phone a few months back and had forgotten that I had an account in their website but do no remember the password...

So this is where it gets tricky, I tried to change the password, since I did not remember it. I had looked on their website and found "reset" BlackBerry ID, which honestly I thought would just give me a new password to insert. Little did I know... "resetting" meant deleting my BlackBerry ID....

I tried created a new one with the same exact ID with all information of my previous account. I thought that everything would be fine and I would be able to use my account back to normal.

I soon found out that the account I made might have had the exact same information, but is not the same as the one before. Meaning.... I have lost my bbm account. All my contacts are gone. My bbm groups are gone. My channel! .... is gone.........
    To add to that, I tried to restore a backup file I had made to at least have all the apps, media and settings on to my phone... But it doesn't allow me to restore it since it doesn't have the same BlackBerry ID.... So I pretty much would need to re-download and re-purchase the apps again... Which is a bummer...

It's really frustrating that all of this happens to me, when I tried buying a Passport.

I don't want you guys to think that I am ignoring you when you are trying to chat with me on bbm! Sorry that my channel will no longer be updated. I'll probably make a new bbm account and even make a new channel, but I'm still trying to figure out the app issues and can't seem to login bbm. Once all of that's done. Everything will be back to normal and hopefully those who subscribed to channel, will subscribe again to my new one. All those who had me on their bbm contacts, adds me back... And we all have a great year for #TeamBlackBerry

Update: I'll broadcast my new bbm and channel here in this post so you guys can add me or subscribe! Cheers!

Please share this post.

Thank you,
    JC

I shared this with your channel subscribers. All are waiting for your new channel.
    JC's BBM is GONE!!!-img_20141010_232503.png

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 (BBM Channel C002CA0BA)
    10-10-14 12:57 PM

Please share this post.

Thank you,
    JC

Please tell us how much you "dislike", sorry "hate" your BlackBerry Passport!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-10-14 01:59 PM
49 12