If this has been posted then please redirect me. Anyway I currently have the 8900 and have the Jawbone Prime, what I have noticed is that when they are paired, in use during a call and if the phone moves more than a foot from the headset or from the right hand to the left (I usually wear both on the right) the connection remains intact, but will crackle and squeal. What I've also found interesting is that its perfect in the car and in my home, but otherwise makes me very disappointed in the whole bluetooth thing. As a side note I'm on the phone with t-mobile and it seems like this either has never happened or isn't likely to happen. Also I've had the phone and headset replaced twice under different service plans and the problem persists. Am I alone?
    09-11-09 10:56 PM
    I have a Prime and a Storm. I have had no problems with either. The prime is, without question, the best bluetooth device I have ever used.
    09-11-09 11:21 PM
    I have a Jawbone II (the one before the Prime) and I have to say that I find the range rather short too. If the phone is in my right pants pocket and the Jawbone is on my left ear then I get dropouts. The fix is to bring the phone close, usually in the breast pocket of my jacket or shirt.

It is just one more wonder of Bletooth imo.

Yours does sound worse than mine. Can you try the Prime on another phone and another bluetooth headset on your 8900? This will reveal if the problem is the headset or the phone or, that they just don't like each other.

The Jawbone is the best headset - for speech - that I have ever owned, wired or bluetooth.
    09-12-09 02:22 AM
    I have the prime and an 8900 and I can keep my handset in one room and walk from room to room without losing connection or getting a crackle.I'm not to sure what to advise you on from here.Sorry
    09-13-09 01:20 PM
    I think a lot depends on the surroundings. From what I can gather where the surroundings allow the signal to bounce off the walls, etc., reception will be the best. Reception should be fine in the car for the same reason.

Outside where there are less solid things to bounce off, along with interference from power lines, reception should be worse and line of sight from the phone to the headset is important.

Having said that the noise cancellation on the Prime is awesome. I wish the battery lasted slightly longer though.
    Last edited by i7guy; 09-15-09 at 11:01 PM.
    09-15-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD