I bought them all today.
    I started with a cheap Wall Mart Motorola, worked fine, felt great but had issues with the wind, I work outdoors so that was a problem for me. I took it back and bought a much better Motorola, it didn't seem to work as well as the cheap one.
    I ended up buying the Bluefly, the packaging made it sound like it did everything, and sure did do a lot, however it was very uncomfortable and didn't seem to have as a reliable connection to my 3900 as the cheapies. It sure did a lot of neat things, but it hurt after a while and I decided to try one more.
    I bought the Jawbone, made one call to my buddy who happened to be out hunting wearing the same ear piece, he raved about it. I tried to adjust mine because it felt funny and it dropped the call. I pulled over and swapped a few parts and now it fits great and works awesome. It certainly doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Bluefly but it works, it works in the wind and it stays in place. This is the headset for me for now.
    24 hours, 5 head sets, one conclusion.

There was one more Motorola that every shop seemed to rave about, ran about $100 but i never did try it, small boom Mic, small unit, but I just liked the looks of the Jawbone, I hope I don't regret it.
    Last edited by Pydpiper; 05-01-09 at 09:38 PM.
    05-01-09 04:07 PM
    JB is a good product. Many people rave about it.
    05-01-09 04:12 PM
    I have owned loads of these horrid little devices. I hated them all. Two have gone out the car window whilst driving.

THEN I bought a Jawbone. Fantastic device for PHONE CALLS. Useless for music but I wanted it for phone calls.

I now have a Jawbone II and like it almost as much as the original.
    05-01-09 04:17 PM
    OK Pete....I dont mean to laugh but how did you manage to loose yours while driving?
    05-01-09 04:18 PM
    That bluefly was the most expensive, and did a whole lot of stuff, it just didn't feel right in my ear. The voice in it was very smooth and non-computerish.. I liked the idea of hands free answer and hanging up, plus a lot of other stuff, but the sound quality lacked, and that is pretty important in a phone call. Having said that, everywhere i went they all said it was rated right up there with the Jawbone.
    05-01-09 04:23 PM
    BlueFLY or BlueANT?
    Cause the only 2 I know of that are on par with each other is JB & BA.
    05-01-09 04:25 PM
    That's definitely the BlueAnt V1. I have one (as well as a Jawbone and JB2). Thet voice control is awesome, and sound quality is the same.
    05-01-09 04:37 PM
    BlueFLY or BlueANT?
    Cause the only 2 I know of that are on par with each other is JB & BA.
    BlueAnt, it was a long day of driving..
    05-01-09 04:42 PM
    I had the dirst jawbone which I thought was totally excellent, ordered the second version and whilst it worked ok the sound volume was very pooy and I just couldn't get the damn thing comfortable, after a few minutes it would feel loose like it was going to fall off.

Oh well new version coming out again shortly let's hope that one is better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 04:48 PM
    I love my blueant z9i
    Sorry to add another headset into your decision

05-01-09 04:53 PM
    I love my blueant z9i
    Sorry to add another headset into your decision

Chris I know how you feel. I may have been the 1st person that bought the Z9 the day they hit Best Buys shelf.

My sister feels that since I'm not using it now, I should give it to her. People amaze me; they won't spend $100+ on themselves, but think you should spend it on them. I don't buying stuff for my sister but she only seems to want the expensive stuff when its me doing the buying.
    05-01-09 05:18 PM
    OK Pete....I dont mean to laugh but how did you manage to loose yours while driving?
    I didn't lose it Lex, I lost it totally and threw the effing thing out the window on the freeway cuz I was so p!ssed off with it. I did this twice. Once with an old motorola and once with an Ericsson.

Two phones have also gone that way. A Palm, obviously and a Nokia.

As I recall, the Palm still had the SIM card in it cuz I was in the middle of a call and I had to call the carrier.

I have a short fuse with expensive elctronics that does not perform to my satisfaction.
    05-01-09 05:37 PM
    Short fuse? How about VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY short!!! I've been tempted, but I cannot imagine actually throwing my phone out the window.
    Last phone I had that performed that badly, Sprint replaced it with a newer model.
    05-01-09 05:40 PM
    I had the dirst jawbone which I thought was totally excellent, ordered the second version and whilst it worked ok the sound volume was very pooy and I just couldn't get the damn thing comfortable, after a few minutes it would feel loose like it was going to fall off.

Oh well new version coming out again shortly let's hope that one is better.
    and the volume is much better
    Y'know what? I had the same experience with the Jawbone II. I bought a second one (the first got lost by my cat - really) and that is a lot better.
    05-01-09 05:40 PM
    Short fuse? How about VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY short!!! I've been tempted, but I cannot imagine actually throwing my phone out the window.
    Last phone I had that performed that badly, Sprint replaced it with a newer model.
    Well, you did ask....
    05-01-09 05:41 PM
    Well, you did ask....
    Yea I did but damn- I didnt think you were going to say you threw them out the window.

My 1st experience with the JB wasn't that great & I returned it. It seems that the lesser known models actually work better for me until I bought my Z9.
    05-01-09 05:44 PM
    Yea I did but damn- I didnt think you were going to say you threw them out the window.

My 1st experience with the JB wasn't that great & I returned it. It seems that the lesser known models actually work better for me until I bought my Z9.
    Oh yes. This was phone homicide (phoneicide?)

The thing I like about the Jawbone is the noizzze cancelling. It really works. I had Deep Purple going, er, quite loud and my kid called and just to test I answered, just to test, and he could hear me very well, so he said. I had to turn the music down so that I could hear the earpiece. The Jawbone has a sensor on the cheekbone to detect when you are talking.
    05-01-09 05:50 PM
    On mine the noise cancelation wasn't great at all. I tried a 2nd with the same results. You know I'm tech savvy so it wasnt an issue of not knowibg what to do.
    I didn't want to try a 3rd, so I gave up on it.
    05-01-09 05:54 PM
    On mine the noise cancelation wasn't great at all. I tried a 2nd with the same results. You know I'm tech savvy so it wasnt an issue of not knowibg what to do.
    I didn't want to try a 3rd, so I gave up on it.
    Fair enough. One person's earhook is another person's nose cleaner, I suppose .
    05-01-09 05:56 PM
    Give me Motorola, or give me death!!!
    05-01-09 06:44 PM
    Give me Motorola, or give me death!!!
    You can have your Motorola!!
    05-01-09 07:46 PM
    You can have your Motorola!!
    LOL you got jokes.
    05-01-09 08:50 PM
    LOL you got jokes.
    LOL! I wasnt joking.

I have a hate relationship with Moto. NONE of their headsets ever worked very well for me and I've had them all; whereas some people, like you love them to death.

I've always said that what works well for some can be a total failure for others. Now, when I am shopping for headsets, I don't even look at a Motorola.
    05-01-09 08:53 PM
    I may try the Blueant again, I would enjoy all the features.

05-01-09 09:42 PM
    I originally got a motorola and had it for about two years and loved it. Within the last eight or nine months, I've purchased a first and second generation jawbone as well as a plantronics discovery 925 (I think that's it). The jawbone two had a weak battery life, and I could never get the thing to stay in my ear. So I got the first generation and love it. I purchased the plantronics to see if it was as good as people say it is. I like it, however you can easily forget you're wearing it because it's so light.

05-01-09 11:59 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD