I just bought the Jawbone Icon after I saw a lot of positive reviews for it. It seems like a great piece, and is so comfortable it's ridiculous. My problem is that even after enabling bluetooth, pairing and connecting the bluetooth, it still won't allow me to hear anything through it. My phone tells me bluetooth is enabled, and the Icon is connected, but still runs all the calls through the handset, not my headset. I've tried switching to handset via the blackberry menu button, then switching back to headset, and still get nothing. Is it possible that I just need to leave it on the charger overnight or something? I had it plugged in for a couple hours so plenty of time for it to charge completely. Has anyone run into this? It's frustrating after paying this much for it not to work right out of the box. Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 07:27 PM
    I had no trouble and also linked with a Tour. Could it be the icon?

I am running an OS 5.x hybrid so don't know if that makes a difference or not.

But yours does show in Bluetooth? Maybe try removing and re-pairing it.
    03-08-10 08:26 PM
    I'm running the .419 version of 5.0 with a hybrid from Irtehun. My other bluetooth (LG) would pair and I could talk on it fine, the voice quality was just awful so I thought I'd try the Icon. I've tried deleting the pairing and pairing it again, and also pulling the battery and still nothing. Maybe I'll just take it into Verizon and see what they think. Will they void my warranty if I take my phone in as is, as in without an official OS?

03-08-10 10:02 PM
    Some folks advise not to have an unofficial OS on the phone and others say it is not usually checked. Do you have another phone or a friend's that you could try the icon on.
    03-08-10 10:32 PM
    i am using the Icon on a tour and no trouble with it.
    03-08-10 11:50 PM
    What os are you running with the Icon Jerry? Any hybrids? I'll check it out on a friend's phone and see if I can get it to work on any phone to make sure it's not just a defective unit.

03-08-10 11:55 PM
    How much talk time are you getting with your Icons? I get a bit less than 3 hours rather than the advertised 4.5 hours. Seems to be a problem at the Jawbone forums.

03-09-10 01:53 PM
    How much talk time are you getting with your Icons? I get a bit less than 3 hours rather than the advertised 4.5 hours. Seems to be a problem at the Jawbone forums.

i get about 3.5 hours some thimes less
    03-11-10 05:19 AM
    What os are you running with the Icon Jerry? Any hybrids? I'll check it out on a friend's phone and see if I can get it to work on any phone to make sure it's not just a defective unit.

i am running the os that came with my phone 4.7.1.53.
    03-11-10 05:20 AM
    Got the problem taken care of. Apparently I got a defective device. Got it switched out at a Verizon store and now it works flawlessly. They didn't even notice I had 5.0 loaded. Thanks for the help guys.

03-11-10 03:29 PM
    Glad you got it figured out, although not really happy to hear the Icon was defective. Well, so far, mine works.
    03-11-10 07:35 PM
    Not a fan of the Icon. Tried it for a few days, but just like every other Jawbone before it, the sound quality in my ear is horrible. It sounds so tinny, like it's in a tin can. No bass at all. It's clear enough, sure, but the treble sound is so annoying I had to return it.
    03-17-10 11:02 AM
    Not a fan of the Icon. Tried it for a few days, but just like every other Jawbone before it, the sound quality in my ear is horrible. It sounds so tinny, like it's in a tin can. No bass at all. It's clear enough, sure, but the treble sound is so annoying I had to return it.
    I had the same issue with previous Jawbone headsets but the Icon sounds great to me. Maybe you just got a bad one.
    03-17-10 11:13 AM
    So if you are using a BT headset, what kind is it, and how does it compare with the Icon, or any of your previous Jawbones?
    03-17-10 11:28 AM
    I'm still looking for a new one. I've used a Plantronics 665 Discovery for a couple of years and love it, but it seems like it's losing it's sound quality and it's not loud enough any more in the car. I think I'm going to try the new Discovery 975 today.

I never kept a jawbone longer than a few days. The horrible tin sound in my ear was too much to overlook.
    03-17-10 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD