I just replaced my Motorola H681 for the Jawbone II. The Jawbone seems to have disabled the Bold's Bluetooth LED Connection Indicator --no more flashing blue light on the Bold while the Jawbone is connected-- despite being set to "On" on Bluetooth Options. Have you had the same experience?
    12-13-08 05:56 PM
    Can't say as though I have..but then again I never actually use the LED for Bluetooth either. But I tested and it works fine for me.
    12-13-08 05:59 PM
    I don't understand how a remote device could disable the phone's BT connection indicator, unless it fails to achieve the required level of connectivity.
    12-13-08 06:26 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I tried another Bluetooth headset and the LED Indicator Light does not work either! It seems that the Bold's Bluetooth LED Indicator Light failed.

Can't say as though I have..but then again I never actually use the LED for Bluetooth either. But I tested and it works fine for me.
    12-13-08 06:29 PM
    It seems that it is a hardware failure.

I don't understand how a remote device could disable the phone's BT connection indicator, unless it fails to achieve the required level of connectivity.
    12-13-08 06:39 PM
    Suddenly, the Bluetooth LED Connection Indicator started flashing again. I have been confronting little issues like this one with my Bold. I have not had this experience with my previous two BlackBerries...

It seems that it is a hardware failure.
    12-13-08 07:13 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I tried another Bluetooth headset and the LED Indicator Light does not work either! It seems that the Bold's Bluetooth LED Indicator Light failed.
    Check you didn't disable it in BT options.

You can also test the LED from the self test routines. Options/Status then type "test" and follow the screen prompts. LED is under Misc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 09:28 PM
    Thanks for the self-test tip.

The LED Connection Indicator was set to ON when the blue light suddenly stopped flashing. I tried two things: (1) setting it to OFF and saving and setting it to ON and saving again; and (2) performing a hard reset. When I had given-up and thought that it was a hardware failure, it started flashing again on its own.

Check you didn't disable it in BT options.

You can also test the LED from the self test routines. Options/Status then type "test" and follow the screen prompts. LED is under Misc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD