Just got it today and it took about 45 minutes to charge. It is about half the size of the previous jawbone. I am extremely pleased with the fit. Being a woman with fairly small ears I have a hard time finding one that feels good in the ear and doesn't flop around. The different sized ear hooks should make it work for everyone. It is so light you forget you have it on. Sound quality is great.
    06-19-08 09:37 PM
    I got my Jawbone 2 three weeks ago and also love it. I know two people who were very interested in the new over-the-ear loop versus what they have on their older Jawbone.
    My old Jabra would auto connect to my 8800 as soon as I put in pairing mode.
    My new Jawbone will not auto connect unless I put it in pairing mode and then manually go to Blackberry settings and tell my 8800 to connect.
    This is frustrating. I have tried every setting on the Blackberry and deleted old Jabra and reset Blackberry and it still will not auto connect to the new Jawbone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve
    06-20-08 10:56 AM
    Did you set the Trusted option to yes? I believe its on prompt by default and wont let you auto connect.
    06-20-08 11:44 AM
    yes trusted option is set to yes.
    i went and deleted jawbone from blackberry then rebooted blackberry (took battery out) and then re-installed Jawbone ... same ... will not auto connect.

Thanks,
    Syeve
    06-21-08 04:54 PM
    Give Jawbone Cust Serv a call.
    06-21-08 09:23 PM
    Best headset around!!
    06-21-08 09:27 PM
    yes trusted option is set to yes.
    i went and deleted jawbone from blackberry then rebooted blackberry (took battery out) and then re-installed Jawbone ... same ... will not auto connect.

Thanks,
    Syeve
    I have the same issue. I just bought the 8320 Curve when my 8700 died and it will not auto connect. With the 8700 as soon as I powered on the Jawbone it would connect and I was on my way. By the way I have the original Jawbone and getting the new one for the wife very soon.
    06-26-08 12:33 AM
    Great device, but I will be returning both my Jawbone devices until I get my 50%+ off. Almost like 2 for 1. The device itself is great and was a perfect fit right out the box.
    06-26-08 02:19 AM
    So I got the Jawbone 2 and it works over Edge but when I'm connected wifi my calls won't connect... has anyone heard of this? I have the original Jawbone and had no problems with it.
    07-08-08 05:54 PM
    So I got the Jawbone 2 and it works over Edge but when I'm connected wifi my calls won't connect... has anyone heard of this? I have the original Jawbone and had no problems with it.
    Same problem.
    07-08-08 06:59 PM
    Same problem.
    So Chunj99 what did you do? Return the Jawbone 2? I also have the Plantronics Discovery 925 and it works as it should but for the price I'm not sure it's the best. The old or original Jawbone is great but big and thought the new one should be a lot better... what to do? The phone kicks me off of wifi to use edge to make calls with the Jawbone 2 btw.
    07-08-08 07:10 PM
    I bought the J2 also and I returned it the same day. I have the original one and it worked great, just to big. The J2 just didn't fit right, I tried all the different ear pieces and I just could not get it to stay against my face good. I had no problem pairing it to my verizon 8130 pearl except the voice activation did not work right. I just ordered the Z9I and I will see how that goes, in the mean time I am still using my old jawbone.
    07-08-08 11:17 PM
    So Chunj99 what did you do? Return the Jawbone 2? I also have the Plantronics Discovery 925 and it works as it should but for the price I'm not sure it's the best. The old or original Jawbone is great but big and thought the new one should be a lot better... what to do? The phone kicks me off of wifi to use edge to make calls with the Jawbone 2 btw.
    I still have it. It is still a great headset. I just turn off my wifi feature when I want to talk. And this isn't just a minor issue. Jawbone ackowldges this problem in their website and is working on a fix for it. Hope by the next official os, this problem can be fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 01:37 PM
    I just purchased a Jawbone 2 yesterday and so far I like it. I haven't really had a chance to have a decent length conversation on it yet, only a couple short ones.

I'm eager to test out the earpiece in the wind and in my car. The whole reason I purchased another BT is because my WEP 200 was unusable in my car, expecially on the highway, and even with the windows up.

Since I really didn't have anybody to talk to last night, I decided to call Goog-411 while outside. It wasn't too windy, but enough that if talking right into my BB the person on the other line could tell I was outside. But anyway, the Google answering machine kept picking up the wind as me saying something. I'm wondering if this is due to it not being a human and it picking up on sounds that wouldn't bother a real person, or is it due to the placement of my BT.
    07-10-08 07:19 AM
    After days and days of reading reviews (mostly on CB!) I was amped to get my hands on the jawbone2. I think I over hyped myself, because I am sad to say that I have a few issues with it... anyone out there feel the same or have any positive suggestions?

1) The earbud hurts my ear
    I tried all all the earbud sizes it came with and with all of them I get this pinching/pressure sensation in my ear. I put a foam on it same thing. I switched it to my other ear and it was fine, but I'm not comfortable talking on the other ear. I did not have this issue with my previous bt.

2) The person I am talking to sounds like they are on a two-way radio/walkie talkie
    There is no doubt that I sound crystal-clear to all my callers, but why do they sound like they are off in a distant or talking to me on a walkietalkie, even when I adjust the volume.

3) I wish it had a carrying case so it doesn't flop around in my purse and accidentally turn on.

So there you have it, my personal experiences with jawbone2 so far. I really want to love it, but I'm having a hard time. Any advice or words of comfort is greatly appreciated =)
    07-14-08 01:35 PM
    1) The earbud hurts my ear
    I tried all all the earbud sizes it came with and with all of them I get this pinching/pressure sensation in my ear. I put a foam on it same thing. I switched it to my other ear and it was fine, but I'm not comfortable talking on the other ear. I did not have this issue with my previous bt.
    Several people have reported greater comfort by using Jabra mini-gels instead of the OEM rubber pieces on the Jawbone II.

2) The person I am talking to sounds like they are on a two-way radio/walkie talkieThere is no doubt that I sound crystal-clear to all my callers, but why do they sound like they are off in a distant or talking to me on a walkietalkie, even when I adjust the volume.
    I have the same experience. I guess we can't have it all - I've been very happy with how my voice comes across, even with background noise, wind, etc. I'll compromise and take a little tinniness from incoming callers in exchange.

3) I wish it had a carrying case so it doesn't flop around in my purse and accidentally turn on.
    I hear ya. I made the mistake of leaving mine in my car's center console. Hot day = garbled speech. I must have fried or melted something inside it to cause it to go all wonky. Now I carry it in my pocket. I've had it turn on and connect, making me go through the "Hello? [nothing] Hello?" Then I realize I'm connected to the BT and have to scramble to get it out of my pocket.
    You can find something on ebay ( BLUETOOTH CASE POUCH CLIP HOLSTER FOR JAWBONE ALIPH H9 - eBay (item 140247919113 end time Jul-15-08 13:02:10 PDT) ) or on the web ( Pouch for Bluetooth Headset - CellXpo.com ) I just Googled "jawbone bluetooth pouch" for those two quick results.
    07-14-08 01:50 PM
    As far as comfort, I read somewhere that people are replacing the ear pieces with those of a different manufacturer. Jabra I believe but I may be wrong.

I returned my JB2 a couple days after I made the post above. I just couldn't justify keeping it. I needed a BT that would work well in the wind, specifially my car, and that it didn't do.
    07-14-08 03:03 PM
    As far as comfort, I read somewhere that people are replacing the ear pieces with those of a different manufacturer. Jabra I believe but I may be wrong.

I returned my JB2 a couple days after I made the post above. I just couldn't justify keeping it. I needed a BT that would work well in the wind, specifially my car, and that it didn't do.
    This will solve your problems:

VXI Corp. - BlueParrott Roadwarrior B250

Best headset ever, wired or otherwise.
    07-17-08 02:46 AM
    Just to let everyone know I had my J2 in my pocket and bent the leather earhook and it broke, so be very careful of this luckily they come with serveral earhooks
    07-31-08 01:55 PM
    Followup... I returned the jb2 and got the plantronics 520. Its a clunker compared to the jb2 but its a snug fit for me and the ppl I talk to tell me that I sound loud and clear, even when I'm driving over SF bridges with the window rolled down.

I have 3 coworkers that have the jb2 and they absolutely love it. To each his own I guess. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 02:29 AM
    I bought the J2 also and I returned it the same day. I have the original one and it worked great, just to big. The J2 just didn't fit right, I tried all the different ear pieces and I just could not get it to stay against my face good. I had no problem pairing it to my verizon 8130 pearl except the voice activation did not work right. I just ordered the Z9I and I will see how that goes, in the mean time I am still using my old jawbone.
    I am selling the Z9I and going back to the original Jawbone, the Z9I is to noisy and I get complaints from the people Im talking to. I never got complaints on the jawbone.
    08-04-08 05:07 PM
    I am selling the Z9I and going back to the original Jawbone, the Z9I is to noisy and I get complaints from the people Im talking to. I never got complaints on the jawbone.

Try the Jawbone II. It really comfortable.
    08-09-08 11:27 PM
    This will solve your problems:

VXI Corp. - BlueParrott Roadwarrior B250

Best headset ever, wired or otherwise.
    Smith~ Do you actually use this headset or just suggesting it for Mr. Carter?
    08-09-08 11:56 PM
    Resetting the Jawbone 2. I havent read that anyone has posted this so forgive me if it has been.

After several times of trying to pair my Jawbone 2 with another blackberry I finally found out how.

1. Turn off Jawbone 2
    2. Place in recharging base.
    3. While in base turn on the Jawbone 2.
    4. While the Jawbone is still on disconnect it from the charger. This will now reset to pairing mode.

other hint: I did not have charger with me at the time so I used the magnet from my Blackberry 8310 case to simulate as the magnet for the one on the charger. Worked like a charm.

Hope this is useful to someone with as much frustrations as i had.
    08-10-08 11:07 PM
    I recently purchased the JB2, and prefer it over any bluetooth headset. I drive a Jeep Wrangler with the 1/2 doors, i.e. a LOT of noise while driving.

I called my work voicemail using the JB2 noise cancelling both on and off, and it did cut MOST of the wind noise. When I turned the radio up, it didn't cut much of the radio out, which was a bummer. However, with the radio set at a low level, and the window open and trucks driving by, I coulld easily hear me and only me.

I'd say it cuts 90% of background noice, unless it's LOUD noise. It will cut loud noise, but not entirely.

My only complaint is how I sound using the headset. I will leave another voicemail on my 8830 without the headset, to determine if I always sound like that on a Blackberry.
    08-11-08 12:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD