Attachment 2321

Attachment 2322

Attachment 2323

What do you guys think? is the Javelin the Curve II or is it a Bold with a couple different specs.

The form factor and keyboard resemble the Curve, but the call, end, menu, and back buttons all look like the ones on the Bold.
    06-17-08 06:46 PM
    ummm, not really sure, but i cant wait
    06-17-08 06:50 PM
    Lets see some side by side "in real life" pics 1st... No?
    06-17-08 06:58 PM
    its the bold's lil bro...not everyone wants a big a** bold the javelin seems the perfect size
    06-17-08 07:00 PM
    All i want to know is what phone are we (verizon) getting. And when
    06-17-08 07:01 PM
    VZW will be getting the touchscreen one.. I'm not sure when but then again probably neither does RIM
    06-17-08 07:07 PM
    It's still a rumor, but rumors are saying that Verizon is getting the Niagara... Which is supposed to be like the Bold, but then again the Javelin was supposed to look like the Bold too and we see how different it actually turned out to be, who knows what the Niagara will look like.
    06-17-08 07:31 PM
    Lets see some side by side "in real life" pics 1st... No?
    Well we know the Bold looks like that because it's official, we know that's what the Curve looks like.. Because it's out... And the Javelin, that picture is from the CB homepage, and there is also a video of it, so we know its a real phone...

You must mean lets wait until RIM makes this phone official?
    06-17-08 07:33 PM
    No, i was saying lets see the curve bold and javelin in the same pic so we know comparable dimensions....
    06-17-08 07:43 PM
    No, i was saying lets see the curve bold and javelin in the same pic so we know comparable dimensions....
    Oh, well we know what the Bold looks like in comparison to the Curve and the 8800, and we know what the Javelin looks like in comparison with the 8800, so there ya go.
    06-17-08 10:29 PM
    javelin looks to be perfect in size.

not bloated like the bold. and not tiny like the curve.
    06-17-08 11:12 PM
    i think the Javelin is like a fusion of the Bold and the Curve...almost like the middle child
    06-17-08 11:32 PM
    I like the look of the Bold, but the Javeline does look better. But I don't really have a choice of what I can do because I have Sprint. I'm content with my Curve for now, but for how long....?
    06-18-08 12:50 AM
    I guarantee that the Javelin is the "Curve 2."

The Curve has a separated-key keyboard, black side rails, the screen is the dominant presence on the front, it is the "media friendly" BB, etc.

The Javelin has a separated-key keyboard, black side rails, the screen is the dominant presence on the front, and it has a 3.2mp camera that leads me to believe it is also very "media friendly.

Now, the Bold is the spiritual successor to the 8800 series.

The 8800 has a touching-key keyboard, slick chromed out side rails, no camera, and the keyboard is the dominant feature on the front of the device that makes the screen look too small for the rest of it.

The Bold has a touching-key keyboard, slick chromed out side rails, a lesser camera than the Javelin, and again, the keyboard is the dominant feature on the front that, again, makes the screen seem too small for the rest of it.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-18-08 at 06:06 AM.
    06-18-08 06:03 AM
    I think it could be the curve upgrade as well. Based on what others are saying above lk the size etc. I love my 8830 but the curves size is great if this phone comes to vzw I'd prob get it ovr the bold. Just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-08 07:40 AM
    Either way... the device is awesome.

I think it will be a Curve replacement, but it is similar to the Bold. This makes perfect sense to me

The Javelin has some similar traits that resemble the Bold, but is also has some traits that remind me of the Curve.
    06-18-08 08:31 AM
    I was dead set on getting the bold. Now I can't decide. :[
    Don't you hate that!?

06-18-08 08:38 AM
    The javelin looks very similar to the Bold to me!! Just look at the trackball and the main 4 keys...IMO

06-18-08 08:47 AM
    The javelin looks very similar to the Bold to me!! Just look at the trackball and the main 4 keys...IMO

The trackball and the 4 main keys looked alike on between the Curve and the 8800 series as well.

Oh, something I left out of my original list. The Bold is about the same size as the 8800. The Javelin, from the pictures I have seen of it lined up with the 8800, is far closer in size to the Curve.
    06-18-08 10:24 AM
    It's not rocket science you guys. Similar to how TWO separate cars (e.g. Lexus ES vs. Toyota Camry) within the SAME company are made on similar chassis; it's the same with cell phones...TWO or THREE separate phones even within the same company can be made on similar chassis.

Even if the car/phone isn't made on a shared chassis; then at least the parts (inside/out) can be similar...as is the case with the Javelin.

Obviously the form factor of the Javelin has BOTH the Curve and Bold's influences. I don't think the Javelin is meant to be the 'Curve 2' or anything like that...it is its own phone. I think the Javelin equally borrows from both the bold and curve's styling...along with adding its own uniquely-distinctive flair to the BlackBerry lineup.
    06-18-08 10:38 AM
    iPhone on VZW? You probably have a long wait. Only one year of the "multi-year" exclusive ATT contract has passed.
    06-18-08 11:02 AM
    It's not rocket science you guys. Similar to how TWO separate cars (e.g. Lexus ES vs. Toyota Camry) within the SAME company are made on similar chassis; it's the same with cell phones...TWO or THREE separate phones even within the same company can be made on similar chassis.

Even if the car/phone isn't made on a shared chassis; then at least the parts (inside/out) can be similar...as is the case with the Javelin.

Obviously the form factor of the Javelin has BOTH the Curve and Bold's influences. I don't think the Javelin is meant to be the 'Curve 2' or anything like that...it is its own phone. I think the Javelin equally borrows from both the bold and curve's styling...along with adding its own uniquely-distinctive flair to the BlackBerry lineup.
    thats exactly what i was thinking myself
    06-18-08 11:07 AM

Along those same lines though, (based on a honda lineplan) the Accord for instance gets refreshed after 3 years, and replaced after 6.

I think the lifespan of a cellphone is about 2 to 3 years. Look at what has happened to motorola, since they thought the Razr was the end all, be all, of cell phones. Now after being on top of the handset market, they are almost out of it. I see the Javelin being the curve replacement for this reason. And the Niagara being a CDMA version of the Bold.

The specs are not that far off from a curve, major change is a 3.2 mega-pixel camera instead of the 2.0 mega-pixel. Still no 3G....

To show the comparative picture, it is obviously smaller than the Bold, it looks to be the exact size of a curve.

06-18-08 11:11 AM
    Along those same lines though, (based on a honda lineplan) the Accord for instance gets refreshed after 3 years, and replaced after 6.

I think the lifespan of a cellphone is about 2 to 3 years. Look at what has happened to motorola, since they thought the Razr was the end all, be all, of cell phones. Now after being on top of the handset market, they are almost out of it. I see the Javelin being the curve replacement for this reason. And the Niagara being a CDMA version of the Bold.

The specs are not that far off from a curve, major change is a 3.2 mega-pixel camera instead of the 2.0 mega-pixel. Still no 3G....

To show the comparative picture, it is obviously smaller than the Bold, it looks to be the exact size of a curve.

What is the BB on the far left?
    06-18-08 11:55 AM
    What is the BB on the far left?
    Old Skool 7100 I believe.

Looks like it is for O2 or something.

I used to have a 7100 on TMo
    06-18-08 12:36 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD