11-28-08 06:49 AM
    But it's just a more business-looking bold with a bigger camera and no 3g. And the curve-style keyboard. Seems a bit pointless to make something so similar...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 07:06 AM
    But it's just a more business-looking bold with a bigger camera and no 3g. And the curve-style keyboard. Seems a bit pointless to make something so similar...

I'm thinking it's meant to throw a bone to Verizon, who pretty much lost out on the Bold. The size is best for me, personally -- the Bold is too big. This also has more on-board memory and a faster processor (apparently). But as a pure business matter beneficial for a tech company to release several competing models. Stockholders tend to like that.
    11-28-08 07:20 AM
    Plus a better screen... higher resolution.
    11-28-08 10:06 AM
    I'm thinking it's meant to throw a bone to Verizon, who pretty much lost out on the Bold. The size is best for me, personally -- the Bold is too big. This also has more on-board memory and a faster processor (apparently). But as a pure business matter beneficial for a tech company to release several competing models. Stockholders tend to like that.
    I agree, the Bold is just to bulky.

Bring on the Javelin!
    11-28-08 07:18 PM
    Is the lack of 3G merely because the BB OS work faster without it and the battery life is longer?
    11-29-08 11:54 AM
    Is the lack of 3G merely because the BB OS work faster without it and the battery life is longer?
    That's a great question. I'm not sure. But I jumped the gun on carriers. Apparently Verizon also will not co-opt the Javelin. Their version will be Niagra, out next spring
    11-29-08 11:57 AM
    It is "pre-order" only with no ETA. :-)
    11-29-08 12:10 PM
    What I've noticed is that with the ridiculous obsession to make the phone smaller you lose out precious screen resolution and readability. The Bold is not that large and its screen is the best and easiest to read of all... with the best input method with the keyboard. Having played with them all, it's bar none, the best combination of size, input and readability for a phone out there.
    11-29-08 01:48 PM
    I prefer the BOLD. I had an 8310. Personal preference for me. However, If the Javelin would have been released ahead of the BOLD, I would have the Javelin.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-30-08 at 08:39 PM.
    11-30-08 08:34 PM
    No the Niagara is the CDMA Bold. The Jupiter is the CDMA Javelin.
    I'll take your word for it. Seems kind of odd to be tying a future model with a model that's not even out yet.
    11-30-08 08:43 PM
    I agree, the Bold is just to bulky.

Bring on the Javelin!
    Really? I find the Bold to feel great in the hand. Also, typing on it is so much nicer than the Curve. The Javelin does look like a nice device, but I like 3G.
    11-30-08 08:53 PM
    I like spears. Expcially Brittany ones.
    12-04-08 03:58 AM
    Bring on all the cdma phones they want to throw at us... I'm on a telus contract so I'm forced to choose between a 8130, 8330 (what I currently own), and the 8800... The storm should be arriving soon to telus, but more fully qwerty trackball phones to telus would be great!

12-04-08 01:07 PM
    I like spears. Expcially Brittany ones.
    Yea, she doesn't scare me anymore...women without hair make me hide
    12-05-08 03:17 AM
    Blackberry Bold comes out for verizon january 09
    12-05-08 01:38 PM
    Now if we can get the Storm on at&t, I'll (my wife) will be happy

12-05-08 02:05 PM

Is there any documentation on this?
    12-05-08 02:33 PM
    I'll stick to my bold
    12-06-08 05:01 PM
    Yea, she doesn't scare me anymore...women without hair make me hide
    I'm pretty sure it's because her management made her get a better weave... not to distract from the current topic, of course.
    12-06-08 07:21 PM
    Any news on when it'll be out for T-Mobile? My contract's up and I'm debating just switching carriers.
    12-06-08 07:22 PM
    I'll stick to my bold
    Yeah, I'm satisfied - for now.

12-06-08 07:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's because her management made her get a better weave... not to distract from the current topic, of course.
    You don't think she used Rogaine to grow her hair back out that fast?!
    12-07-08 11:39 AM
    That's exactly why. Also, think about the best and most reliable blackberries throughout the last decade- none of them were 3G and they all had amazing battery life. 3G is cool and all but I would rather have the Javelin and just use it on wi-fi. By the way, the Jav is a lot better than the Bold. Smaller and better screen. 3.2 MP camera, video streaming, better keyboard, need I go on?

12-19-08 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD