Hi a newbie to Pearl 8110 - keep getting the following when I play any preloaded ring tone on my berry

UncaughtException:Java.Lang.ClassCastexception

The ringtone continues to play even after I have exited the application. Can anyone suggest a remedy cheers!
    12-09-08 08:54 PM
    If you have not already done so, back up your Pearl using Desktop Manager, then with the Pearl turned on, pull the battery. Leave it out a few seconds, then put it back. This procedure will reboot your phone and reload the OS, including the ringtones, and should solve your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 10:25 PM
    Thanks Jeff....just followed this but error is still there. Is this happening because I have a 4.2v OS installed?
    12-09-08 10:46 PM
    Java errors usually mean there's a problem with your Operating System. Did you just install a new version? Did you just install a new theme? Have you installed any apps? Did anything else happen around the time the error began? If the answer to all these questions is "no," then the solution is probably going to be to make a backup, then wipe your Pearl and reload your OS and data. If the answer to any question is "yes," then we may be able to solve your problem without such a drastic step.
    12-09-08 11:04 PM
    I just started using it from last week and I havent loaded any new apps or programs. I will download the OS 4.5 and reload. Hope this clears the issue. Will drop a line if any further issues cheers.
    12-10-08 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD