Hi guys,

Just wondering since I communicate a lot with my friends over in Japan, is there any way for me to be able to see Japanese characters on my phone instead of just filled in black boxes? I could see them on my T-Mo Sidekick, but when I upgraded to the Blackberry, I noticed I could no longer see them. I was just wondering if I need any type of software installed to do this, or if I just can't.

I'm running 4.5.

Thanks!
    05-04-09 01:27 AM
    Did you upgrade your device yourself? I'm asking to see if you still have your OS installed on your pc. If you do just hook back up to desktop manager and run applications loader. In the list you should see languages. Check the one that you want added and follow the prompts. If you dont have the OS installed on your pc I need to know a couple things. Exactly what model device do you have and what OS version. Find this out by going to option/about or hitting alt+left shift key+h. You have 8330 listed as your carrier but thats a cdma device, Tmo is a gsm network. Im thinking you have 8320.
    05-04-09 08:59 AM
    You BlackBerry came with several language options preinstalled. Those are usually European as would be expected from a carrier based in Germany.

You need the 8320 Asian Multilanguage package. During installation, you select which of several languages are installed.

After they are installed, it is simple key combination to switch between them.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137573/
    05-04-09 09:42 AM
    Hey! Thank you both very much.

yes, my error. I have an 8320. I do not still have the OS installed on this PC, is there a link to this package? I'm still so new to a Blackberry.
    05-04-09 07:07 PM
    4.5.0.81 -- I think I am way past due for an upgrade.
    05-04-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD