I keep going back to one of Thor's statements.." BlackBerry10 is Not just a phone or tablet OS " <<<<This I think is a good clue as to what the surprises may be.
    Yes, that is a good clue. They will definitely be releasing more than just the BB10 phone(s), they will be releasing other products as well.
    And no, the Playbook isn't what I have in mind, something else.............but we'll all find out next week
    01-24-13 08:05 PM
    "Mobile-Computing" has been his line over and over, thor wants himself a proper ecosystem
    01-24-13 08:10 PM
    Yes, that is a good clue. They will definitely be releasing more than just the BB10 phone(s), they will be releasing other products as well.
    And no, the Playbook isn't what I have in mind, something else.............but we'll all find out next week
    I am hoping for something like this. the only problem I can see is that no one will have any apps built for whatever else it could be. Perhaps a dev device of somesort?
    01-24-13 08:37 PM
    So no slider in first year according to him
    Yeah where are the sliders!
    01-24-13 09:07 PM
    I would be shocked if there is any positive news about the Playbook except to say it will be replaced. The Playbook is old crappy RIM and the media -consumers have no interest in the product. It may not be fair but it is reality.
    01-24-13 09:23 PM
    playbook is not crappy. the only thing crappy about it is the lack of apps, and that could be easily remedied.
    01-24-13 09:33 PM
    I was referring to crappy as RIM before their latest revitalization this past year. The PB couldn't compete in the market place and would not attract apps because there was no critical mass of users. The z10 should change that but too late for the PB. There are not enough PB's out there to cause the development of apps for the PB even if it can run BB10. RIM needs a Dev Alpha - tablet that is as good as the Z10.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-25-13 at 01:48 AM.
    01-24-13 10:49 PM
    I am hoping for something like this. the only problem I can see is that no one will have any apps built for whatever else it could be. Perhaps a dev device of somesort?
    Maybe it will be the elusive BB Cyclone
    From 18 months ago: RIM working on a BlackBerry Media Box similar in concept to Apple TV | CrackBerry.com
    01-25-13 12:32 AM
    Here is another surprise I'd like to see.

The devices have been almost comfirmed to have an internal 16gb memory. What if that was BS, and they all had 64gb

I had another nice surprise that I thought of but I forgot what it was lol.
    01-25-13 08:03 AM
    BBTV is coming. i'd bet a case of beer on it.
    SiR_JDM likes this.
    01-25-13 01:26 PM
    I was referring to crappy as RIM before their latest revitalization this past year. The PB couldn't compete in the market place and would not attract apps because there was no critical mass of users. The z10 should change that but too late for the PB. There are not enough PB's out there to cause the development of apps for the PB even if it can run BB10. RIM needs a Dev Alpha - tablet that is as good as the Z10.
    Your clueless not making much sense either.Dev alpha has more or less PB specs :lmao. Dev alpha was the beta test to see how the BB10 would run on PB.The new OS will be pushed to the PB with blackberry 10 bridge its gonna be in demand its already a gesture beastcant wait for the bb10 tweaks to PB.

Lol its too late said who?? Hilarious stuff the moment PB gets upgraded there will be plenty of reviews( free promo) of the product.Its already a getsure beast add the new OS with tweaks and apps there will eb high demand for it. just as the Z and x.Its too late lmao is never too late to bring out something that good what woudl be the point of bringing out products.
    01-25-13 05:15 PM
    Noticing that an update to the dev alphas is coming out on the 30th and that it will include the hub, maps and other new areas makes me wonder if the surprises are in those areas of the phone
    01-25-13 05:31 PM
    Is it possible to watch/listen/follow a live stream from the global launch on Jan. 30th? Preferably the event in Toronto.

Thanks!!
    01-25-13 07:33 PM
    I'm looking forward to the BlackBerry Sandy -- otherwise known as the BlackBerry Super-Storm. Should be intense!
    01-25-13 07:35 PM
    BBTV is coming. i'd bet a case of beer on it.
    Where are you from? I like craft beers.
    01-25-13 07:36 PM
    Two cases of Natural Light for our antipodean friend!
    01-25-13 07:44 PM
    I live near Waterloo,
    I think the 'send to playbook' feature on BB7 will be polished up to a 'send to "BBTV" ' on BB10,
    I think the lack of M2M connectivity shown off (or leaked) is an a dead giveaway that its one of the surprises they are reserving for launch.
    I think all the other major OS can do it and BB10 seems to blow them away in every other catagory.
    So why would they not be able to do M2M out of the box, and off the hook!

BBTV come soon to a BB near you...
    01-25-13 08:03 PM
    ...and my wife is an antipodean...
    01-25-13 08:06 PM
    I live near Waterloo,
    I think the 'send to playbook' feature on BB7 will be polished up to a 'send to "BBTV" ' on BB10,
    I think the lack of M2M connectivity shown off (or leaked) is an a dead giveaway that its one of the surprises they are reserving for launch.
    I think all the other major OS can do it and BB10 seems to blow them away in every other catagory.
    So why would they not be able to do M2M out of the box, and off the hook!

BBTV come soon to a BB near you...
    Nice. You'll be able to send me some decent Canadian beer then. I was hoping you weren't from the US. (Although, I must admit to having some fairly decent craft/boutique type beers in the Pacific NW).
    01-25-13 08:07 PM
    ...and my wife is an antipodean...
    I'm guessing a Kiwi? I think they qualify too. My wife's from Houston, Texas via Portland OR.
    01-25-13 08:10 PM
    Oh mate... nothing wrong with the Kiwis but my girl is a sydney-sider. originally from North Narrabeen.

the local brewery is Brick. they make a nice Waterloo Dark. might be a bit heavy in the 45C heat.
    01-25-13 08:58 PM
121 ... 345