The first exposure many people will get to NFC is on the street corner when buying illicit substances or purchasing temporary companionship.

That's what I intend to use it for.

This could incur the wrath of Health Canada and the Food and Drug Administration, for example, in their campaign against obesity.

They will need a one-time-password (OTP) feature to prevent electronic pick-pocketing.

Not really. As long as the system needs the user to hit OK on the screen, or the app needs to be turned on to function, then it will be safe.
    The app can turn itself off after 20 seconds or whatever they decide is appropriate.

The majority of BlackBerry users own a Porsche, right? I doubt it.

Are you familiar with the idea of a concept car?
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-01-13 11:17 AM
    Oh lord, I can imagine the trolls lining up spiting one after another.
    Perhaps the biggest surprize will be that the trolls roll! and become BB fans!
    bb624 likes this.
    01-01-13 05:28 PM
    The first exposure many people will get to NFC is on the street corner when buying illicit substances or purchasing temporary companionship.

This could incur the wrath of Health Canada and the Food and Drug Administration, for example, in their campaign against obesity.

They will need a one-time-password (OTP) feature to prevent electronic pick-pocketing.

The more you stretch your responces to dispel peoples beliefs the more encouraged I get! I used to think you made sense. Now I see your just bitter!
    01-01-13 05:36 PM
    Perhaps the biggest surprize will be that the trolls roll! and become BB fans!
    Hehe, I'll believe That when someone makes a new thread January 30th asking the Trolls and Nayslayers what their thoughts and reactions are after seeing the launch?
    01-01-13 05:38 PM
    I have no idea what surprises remain but I would not be surprised to see Thor use the unlock feature for the reveal on the big screen. Good clip for TV.
    And it would be cool
    01-01-13 06:20 PM
    Btw in which of the 6 cities do you think thorsten will present?
    01-01-13 09:35 PM
    I forsee Milan
    01-01-13 09:41 PM
    I expect that I will be pleasantly surprised several times but the one that I'm really hoping to hear is that they have integrated Skype into BBM video so that it isn't another app but just part of the overall BlackBerry10 experience.
    01-01-13 11:12 PM
    i expect them to make the amazing launch of BB10... and stock prices to tank when the media says that the devices are NOT iphones
    01-02-13 12:25 AM

So who peed in your breakfast cereal?
    01-02-13 12:42 AM
    I would not get too excited about 30 January 2013. Another yawn-fest and the media will be salivating like rabid wolves.
    This isn't the iPhone launch we are talking about, this is the real deal BB10. The media wasn't/isn't salivating on RIM even now, what makes you think they will change their perception overnight at launch?

Riight, all p!mps carry a 'berry around for dealing their wares. They deal in hard cash.

So sodas should be banned? People continue to guzzle sodas by the boatload at each corner.

They could also create something like an ATM PIN that you key in each time for a NFC transaction.

H3ck even my economy saloon has a remote entry, why isn't this possible on low end cars as well?

The more you stretch your responces to dispel peoples beliefs the more encouraged I get! I used to think you made sense. Now I see your just bitter!
    I fully agree with you, this guy's been bitter for a long time now. All he does is spews negativity all the time. What's troubling you mister?
    01-02-13 04:50 AM
    My expectation:

- The touch device will be shown, named and with a ship date.
    - The QWERTY device will be shown, named, and with a ship date.
    - Some App surprises will appear
    - BlackBerry 10 and BBM will NOT be released for PlayBook, but they might announce when/if that is coming to market
    - There may be an upgrade campaign announced.
    - A number of CrackBerry users will claim that RIM broke promises that RIM didn't actually make in the first place.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-02-13 07:13 AM
    Au contraire. I am not bitter. I am hoping the BlackBerry 10 smartphones and OS are stellar at release. You are familiar with the concept of gallows humour, right? We'll have all the answers to our questions in 4 weeks.
    01-02-13 07:27 AM
    This isn't the iPhone launch we are talking about, this is the real deal BB10. The media wasn't/isn't salivating on RIM even now, what makes you think they will change their perception overnight at launch?

I fully agree with you, this guy's been bitter for a long time now. All he does is spews negativity all the time. What's troubling you mister?
    1. I meant the media will eat RIM alive if the BlackBerry 10 launch is not as smooth as warm butter on freshly-baked bread. In other words, RIM needs to have everything detailed for the entire year. The media has warmed to BlackBerry 10 and Research In Motion compared to only a few months ago; it is on RIM to maintain the positive media coverage.
    2. Burned. Accosted. Misled. These adjectives describe some of my experiences with the BlackBerry PlayBook and rumours of BlackBerry BBX (renamed BlackBerry OS 10) since Spring 2011. At the two-year mark all I want is the truth and BlackBerry 10.

Making accusatory comments about a forum member can lead to sanctions. You should keep the forum terms of service in mind before posting a personal attack. I won't waste my time reporting your comments in the hope you will behave going forward.
    01-02-13 07:36 AM
    My expectation:

- The touch device will be shown, named and with a ship date.
    - The QWERTY device will be shown, named, and with a ship date.
    - Some App surprises will appear
    - BlackBerry 10 and BBM will NOT be released for PlayBook, but they might announce when/if that is coming to market
    - There may be an upgrade campaign announced.
    - A number of CrackBerry users will claim that RIM broke promises that RIM didn't actually make in the first place.
    i second this.
    a bit of me is worried that the so called controlled leaks arent controlled at all and we've had all the surprises
    hopefully i am very wrong though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 08:53 AM
    reporting someone for calling you bitter is petty IMO
    01-02-13 10:20 AM
    Btw in which of the 6 cities do you think thorsten will present?
    New York for sure... Thorstein mentioned that each city will release its own Blackberry model, for example in dubai you will expect 3 phones instead of just 2
    01-02-13 10:25 AM
    I've been hitting other platform forums and you get some bb10 talk there as well. I think IF RIM keeps every thing wired tight BB10 should do very well whether the unveil is exciting or not as long as they MARKET their product continually, not just for a month.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-02-13 10:43 AM
    reporting someone for calling you bitter is petty IMO
    I did not report the person to whom I responded in the other message. However, my mercy is not extended to you.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-13 10:54 AM
    Already stated that they would spend 1 billion on marketing
    Did they say "marketing" or "the launch" (ie. manufacturing+distribution+app dev programs + marketing etc)?
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-02-13 10:58 AM
    a bit of me is worried that the so called controlled leaks arent controlled at all and we've had all the surprises
    hopefully i am very wrong though.
    If the leaks we've seen so far were supposed to be the launch surprises, then everyone would've be disappointed at the launch anyway and the media would have a field day.

Nothing that's been leaked so far is a game-changer, so for RIM's sake they better be holding something back that's big.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-02-13 11:06 AM
    I think we will get a better glimpse of BB10 on non-smartphone devices at CES in early January with the new QNX vehicle

My January 30th predications:
    BBM Video (w/ screen sharing function)
    New BB Desktop Software
    New BB World includes apps, movies and music
    Voice Control
    Centralized online services w/ management capabilities connected to BB ID for consumers
    Big App reveals
    Some apps integrated into OS level
    Show off both models and some launch dates for carriers (will vary)
    Show direction and potential of mobile computing with BB10/QNX (QNX vehicle with bluetooth, NFC and bridge-like communication)
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-02-13 11:41 AM
    Nothing that's been leaked so far is a game-changer, so for RIM's sake they better be holding something back that's big.
    A high-definition video of Thorsten riding his motorcycle through the Rocky Mountains maybe? He watched the Verizon Wireless television advertisements featuring the biker chick and thought "That's a great idea!"
    01-02-13 11:48 AM
    If the leaks we've seen so far were supposed to be the launch surprises, then everyone would've be disappointed at the launch anyway and the media would have a field day.

What they have shown is a Game-Changer for BlackBerry and it's users only. Some really good features for business users and BYOD... But nothing that I think is going to make an average consumer go out and buy a new BB device.

I'm afraid that most tech bloggers and tech writers are not going to be too excited, because with so many leaks they already know most everything.... UNLESS RIM has been holding back some really great news!!?

What I'd like to hear....

• PlayBook can run BB10 and will be getting it within a few weeks (they need those two million users to build up the BB10 Platform)
    • Really show the features of BB Balance and how the Average BYOD Mobile User could use it for their work email and contacts, without giving their boss too much access to their devices. Or vice-verse with Company's that provides the devices.
    • New BB App World - Added Movies, Music, Books (or if not show how great the Amazon Kindle App works along with some major Video Apps that everyone EXPECTS to see on a mobile device)
    • New BB App World - Reorganized to allow for weighted ratings and more categories.
    • New BB App World - Showing BIG NAME Apps that are ready to download and use!
    • Special Pricing offers from different Carriers (BOGO, $99 on Contract...) - trade-ins are good, but RIM is needs to add NEW users more than they need to make existing users happy!
    • DO NOT TALK ABOUT ANYTHING THAT IS NOT READY YET, AND WILL BE COMING SOON!!!!
    TroubleTrouble and jakie55 like this.
    01-02-13 11:48 AM
    A high-definition video of Thorsten riding his motorcycle through the Rocky Mountains maybe? He watched the Verizon Wireless television advertisements featuring the biker chick and thought "That's a great idea!"
    I believe that's T-Mobile.
    01-02-13 01:05 PM
97 1234