Hey there, I have an issue with my bt8040, now before joining these forums I looked all over the net and tried to gather more information about my issue but no luck so far. Here it goes:

1)Whenever I try to charge my headset via a wall charger or via USB, the LED flashes as yellow, red and purple simultaneously.

2)When I take it off the charger, there is no inactivity light (random flashing green LED for 30 secs). It is just plain blank.

3)When I try to pair it with my phone, the phone says "It seems that the bluetooth device is either turned off or out of range."

4)I even tried doing the master reset by pressing the volume rocker and the main home key together and it manages to get to the white light successfully. But as the headset restarts by itself, it turns on, then goes into the auto pairing mode(blue light), then suddenly after 2 seconds it automatically goes into A2DP mode (constant purple) and after that, the headset seems inactive again.

5)I tried hooking up the headset with my computer, but the computer cannot recognize it as the device can never fully turn on. So I cannot even upgrade the firmware.

It is pretty frustrating since I haven't been able to use my headset for the past week (yes, the headset was fully functional before and was flawless). Some additional details are that I have two phones (BB 7100i and LG Dare) and the device was paired to both of them. I don't want to approach telus just yet to ask for a replacement and would like to solve this issue on my own. Any constructive suggestions? Please help. Thanks
    07-09-09 05:34 PM
    Sounds to me like the headset is bollocksed. When did you buy it? There should be a manufacturer's warranty.

~LB
    07-14-09 07:39 AM
    There is a firmware update for the BT8040, you might try that before a DOA declaration....Jabra's website has the firmware update
    07-15-09 06:54 AM
    There is a firmware update for the BT8040, you might try that before a DOA declaration....Jabra's website has the firmware update
    I haven't seen anyone get the update to work on Vista.
    09-07-09 05:01 PM
    Anyone have any info on this? I also have a Jabra BT8040 that when turned on, stays in the pairing mode (constant blue light). I've reset, gone to A2DP pairing and shut off, tried a bunch of stuff....and no matter what, when I turn it back on it goes right into constant blue light.

Was flawless up till a few days ago! Thanks in advance!
    11-02-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD