I left my blackberry curve 8250 on the plane coming back from holiday last night - and the airline are saying they cant find it! So if someone has picked it up I know the phone can be wiped if they input the password incorrectly too many times, but what about the memory card?? I have private stuff on there (if you get my drift!) and would like to know if there is any chance that if someone put the wrong password in too many times, would it wipe the sd card aswell? if not, is there any way my service provider could do something?
    09-09-11 05:33 AM
    Do you have Blackberry Protect installed on you device? If so, you can log in to the Blackberry Protect website and lock your device from there plus you can delete everything on your device and SD card.
    09-09-11 05:39 AM
    Unless you are on a BES server or had installed Blackberry Protect, there is not much you can do. If they use the wrong password 10 times it will wipe the data from the phone but the SD card will still be intact.
    09-09-11 06:53 AM
    09-09-11 08:59 AM
    +1 for BlackBerry Protect. If you did use it, you could also track your phone (when it is on) and see where it is.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 09:11 AM
    I left my blackberry curve 8250 on the plane coming back from holiday last night - and the airline are saying they cant find it! So if someone has picked it up I know the phone can be wiped if they input the password incorrectly too many times, but what about the memory card?? I have private stuff on there (if you get my drift!) and would like to know if there is any chance that if someone put the wrong password in too many times, would it wipe the sd card aswell? if not, is there any way my service provider could do something?
    Those "aerial shots" should be moved to secure storage soon after taking them, lol.
    09-09-11 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD