Hey. They sold 7 more Titans in the last 24 hours. Stop being a negative Nancy.
    My apologies. I should be a positive Pr..k
    01-29-20 05:18 AM
    Hey. They sold 7 more Titans in the last 24 hours. Stop being a negative Nancy.
    Did we really expect them to sell thousands and thousands of those things?

If the original backers were enough for UniHertz to break even, then every single sale thereafter is just bonus (no matter how ridiculous the numbers might be).

It's a very unconventional form factor, so it can only have limited success.
    01-29-20 06:58 AM
    I am intrigued by the Titan's square screen and sheer size, but it doesn't sound worth it vs the Key2 that I already have which has BBAndroid with all the BlackBerry apps I use for work built into the phone and the Dtek security and from what I understand Titan's tech isn't really superior to Key2.

The price sounds great though, maybe if they are still available I will get one down the line as the Key2 gets older and I continue to crave that big work phone.
    01-29-20 08:43 AM
    Did we really expect them to sell thousands and thousands of those things?

If the original backers were enough for UniHertz to break even, then every single sale thereafter is just bonus (no matter how ridiculous the numbers might be).

It's a very unconventional form factor, so it can only have limited success.
    Most of the original 3000 units were sold at steep to big discounts. The idea of kickstarter is to bring in enough to get a project started.

This is now where they can start to actually make money. They probably gross $50-$75 per phone.
    01-29-20 09:09 AM
    Most of the original 3000 units were sold at steep to big discounts. The idea of kickstarter is to bring in enough to get a project started.

This is now where they can start to actually make money. They probably gross $50-$75 per phone.
    So you think the original ~3000 served only to break even for them? Like all it did was get their foot in the door?

Cause in that case, 200 units pre-ordered really is practically nothing lol
    01-29-20 10:17 AM
    So you think the original ~3000 served only to break even for them? Like all it did was get their foot in the door?

Cause in that case, 200 units pre-ordered really is practically nothing lol
    Basically, yes. Although I'm not even sure it's intended to be enough to break-even.
    01-29-20 10:29 AM
    Basically, yes. Although I'm not even sure it's intended to be enough to break-even.
    Do you have a link where we can see the amount of pre-orders in real time?
    01-29-20 10:32 AM
    Do you have a link where we can see the amount of pre-orders in real time?
    The main pre-order page has a number that started at 1000, and is counting down.
    01-29-20 10:33 AM
    The main pre-order page has a number that started at 1000, and is counting down.
    Oh so they'll only take 1000 pre-orders
    01-29-20 10:34 AM
    So it seems.
    01-29-20 10:34 AM
    So it seems.
    Currently at 782, meaning they only sold 218, which isn't too great but then not every person looking for a PKB will want something this huge/heavy.

I think for their first shot at a PKB device, they should have done this but with the Classic form factor.

It would have still been bulky due to the ruggedness, but not nearly as much.

And besides, the Classic far outsold the Passport so it only makes sense that a UniHertz rugged clone of it would do better than the existing Titan
    01-29-20 10:36 AM
    Currently at 782, meaning they only sold 218, which isn't too great but then not every person looking for a PKB will want something this huge/heavy.

I think for their first shot at a PKB device, they should have done this but with the Classic form factor.

It would have still been bulky due to the ruggedness, but not nearly as much.

And besides, the Classic far outsold the Passport so it only makes sense that a UniHertz rugged clone of it would do better than the existing Titan
    Android would be almost useless on a Classic-sized screen.

I think the 4.5" screens on the KEYs and Titan are the bare minimum.
    01-29-20 10:39 AM
    Pretty sad or makes BBMo Key2 sales huuuuge
    01-29-20 10:41 AM
    Pretty sad or makes BBMo Key2 sales huuuuge
    Shows you the difference in almost no marketing and no marketing....
    falbo likes this.
    01-29-20 11:16 AM
    Come on!

I used the 99B AND later the Classic. I'd say the Classic has the better typing experience of the both.

Not wanting to start a whole bbos vs bb10 devices war on a Titan (?) thread. Just pointing out user experiences are...well...different
    Yep, it's what my left thumb is typing this reply with despite a desk covered with newer and bigger handsets. Arguably the single most successful BB product. THE culminating Flagship of BBOS. The "goldilocks just right" culmination of everything RIM had learned by 2011. Everything they forgot when Mike intentionally sequestered qnx/bb10 devs from that legacy. Because of a silly book Mike had read? Lol.

Perfect as it was, there WAS room for improvement. Even more sales potential might've been had with a 99B providing improved battery. And then a 99C with real camera. Maybe 99M with more memory?? Lol. ORrrr... 99Droid??? Lol.

Instead, they've tried handing us crippled Q, huge Classic, enormous PP, giant Priv, gargantuan K... Somehow thinking legacy users (the ONLY reliable segment they had!) somehow wouldn't notice? Each step larger enjoying fewer sales. Never again to try the PROVEN formula. Go figure. Does ANYone look at numbers? Lol.

A BIG motive for buying a PKB device is typing experience. Why buy a pkb device that's so huge that typing experience suffers? Why are folks like me STILL forced to nurse life out of 8 year old hardware just to find such typing experience? Maybe because nearly every design offered since has been designed by slab users for slab users? As if there's any prayer of success at displacing slabs from slab enthusiast hands? ??

Idk what market Titan was targeting but if it's even larger that K, they sure can't expect to displace this marvelously proportioned 9900 from MY hand. Lol.
    01-30-20 12:31 PM
    Come on!

I used the 99B AND later the Classic. I'd say the Classic has the better typing experience of the both.

Not wanting to start a whole bbos vs bb10 devices war on a Titan (?) thread. Just pointing out user experiences are...well...different
    Lol. How many times do we need to include "imo" to avoid being accused of proclaiming absolutes? Absent quantification, safest to assume we're all expressing personal opinions. Imo.

Different folks have different length thumbs, for example. Yes, my left thumb does STRETCH to "P", "del" and "enter' on Classic. Just not as comfortably as on 99. Classic demands a shift in grasp with each stretch. That difference, among other differences, limits my personal Classic wpm performance to about 85% of my 9900 "gold standard". Old Bold 9650 achieves 105% of that same "gold standard". Fwiw. Likewise, K2LE manages 65%. My K2, K1, PP, Z30 and D60 all perform slower yet. In MY hand. Your mileage and/or opinion may likely differ. Lol.

MY experience indicates that larger PKB handsets degrade performance. Almost proportionally. In MY hand. I'm a numbers guy. Obviously, comparing user to user numbers gets really messy. Thumbs differ. Learning styles and personality types differ. Proficiency levels differ. Use cases differ. That's why I mostly value opinions AND quantification based on side by side experience in the same users' hand. How many user opinions expressed around here are truly based on side by side experience in the same users' hand? Similar side by side comparisons with Titan would prove most informative to ME. Imo. Fwiw.
    01-30-20 01:42 PM
    Lol. How many times do we need to include "imo" to avoid being accused of proclaiming absolutes? Absent quantification, safest to assume we're all expressing personal opinions. Imo.

Different folks have different length thumbs, for example. Yes, my left thumb does STRETCH to "P", "del" and "enter' on Classic. Just not as comfortably as on 99. Classic demands a shift in grasp with each stretch. That difference, among other differences, limits my personal Classic wpm performance to about 85% of my 9900 "gold standard". Old Bold 9650 achieves 105% of that same "gold standard". Fwiw. Likewise, K2LE manages 65%. My K2, K1, PP, Z30 and D60 all perform slower yet. In MY hand. Your mileage and/or opinion may likely differ. Lol.

MY experience indicates that larger PKB handsets degrade performance. Almost proportionally. In MY hand. I'm a numbers guy. Obviously, comparing user to user numbers gets really messy. Thumbs differ. Learning styles and personality types differ. Proficiency levels differ. Use cases differ. That's why I mostly value opinions AND quantification based on side by side experience in the same users' hand. How many user opinions expressed around here are truly based on side by side experience in the same users' hand? Similar side by side comparisons with Titan would prove most informative to ME. Imo. Fwiw.
    You know what they say about small hands and big hands?
    01-30-20 01:57 PM
    You know what they say about small hands and big hands?
    Small gloves and big gloves....
    01-30-20 01:58 PM
    Small gloves and big gloves....
    Haha.. What about large, old and stiff hands... ?? Lol.
    01-30-20 02:00 PM

I understand - each one of us has a different experience.

No need to argue - at some point we (here) have to realize we are a part of a few still able to argue about the stretch of thumbs.

Posted from my P'9983
    idssteve likes this.
    01-30-20 02:04 PM
    Steve Litchfield (fellow ex Symbian users may remember him from AllAboutSymbian) seems to love the Titan, and this is a gent who simply cannot let go of his undying love for Nokia and Symbian.

3800 likes this.
    05-23-20 07:26 AM
    Steve Litchfield (fellow ex Symbian users may remember him from AllAboutSymbian) seems to love the Titan, and this is a gent who simply cannot let go of his undying love for Nokia and Symbian.

but at the end he says he doesn't wanna use it
    05-23-20 07:45 AM
    but at the end he says he doesn't wanna use it
    Yeah, he's happy with his £1300 iPhone Pro... The Titan is not for everyone... It's for people who like pkb's and the passport form factor... He doesn't use a Key2 either...
    Last edited by Grungni; 05-23-20 at 08:26 AM.
    05-23-20 07:57 AM
323 ... 111213