That’s what I thought, as it’s Kickstarter page describes VZW and usability like the Key2 LE requirements.

Their website describes CDMA bands, however it didn’t make any sense because at least here in USA that’s not how VZW or Sprint operates.
    Does CDMA even matter?? All of that is being phased out by Verizon. I believe most of their newer certified devices are non-CDMA.
    01-17-20 07:30 PM
    Does CDMA even matter?? All of that is being phased out by Verizon. I believe most of their newer certified devices are non-CDMA.
    Depends where your area falls in the VZW replacement schedule I suppose.
    01-17-20 07:42 PM
    Interesting. the biggest reason I never bought a key2 was I thought it didnt really work on vzw 100%
    01-18-20 07:46 AM
    Interesting. the biggest reason I never bought a key2 was I thought it didnt really work on vzw 100%
    It doesn’t officially. Involves having to use a SIM card from certified device and swapping into Key2 which isn’t guaranteed to be successful. There’s some threads here where people haves been successful.

Doesn’t appear to require swapping from a Key2 LE to Key2 but simply from any properly certified and provisioned VZW device. Of course, that’s simply until it doesn’t...
    01-18-20 08:01 AM
    It doesn’t officially. Involves having to use a SIM card from certified device and swapping into Key2 which isn’t guaranteed to be successful. There’s some threads here where people haves been successful.

Doesn’t appear to require swapping from a Key2 LE to Key2 but simply from any properly certified and provisioned VZW device. Of course, that’s simply until it doesn’t...
    Like I'm currently doing with Titan lol
    01-18-20 08:18 AM
    Like I'm currently doing with Titan lol
    Correct and that’s one reason why the whole VZW policies are such a pain. Certification shouldn’t be required but until CDMA is shutdown and CDMALESS SIMs are the norm, VZW is always complicated still.
    01-18-20 08:26 AM

The Key2LE works perfectly fine on Verizon. There were some initial hiccups on Verizon's behalf but we're rectified with a new SIM and the correct setup on Verizon's behalf. The Key 2LE is even sold through their business unit.
    01-18-20 10:03 AM
    The Key2LE works perfectly fine on Verizon. There were some initial hiccups on Verizon's behalf but we're rectified with a new SIM and the correct setup on Verizon's behalf. The Key 2LE is even sold through their business unit.
    Correct, as I was referring to Key2 but I know it’s early in Cali
    01-18-20 10:16 AM
    Correct, as I was referring to Key2 but I know it’s early in Cali
    Indeed. I think I was only half way through my first cup o Joe. ☕😎
    01-18-20 10:39 AM
    Question: how well does Titan do PKB ShortCuts & SpeedDials? Any side by side compare with K's ?
    01-25-20 06:57 AM
    Question: how well does Titan do PKB ShortCuts & SpeedDials? Any side by side compare with K's ?
    I haven't used shortcuts for speed dials but when I installed the BB Hub+ apps and did a restore from google all my shortcuts work as normal (long and short press). Keyboard shortcuts are one of the main reasons I love a physical keyboard .
    idssteve likes this.
    01-25-20 07:30 AM
    I haven't used shortcuts for speed dials but when I installed the BB Hub+ apps and did a restore from google all my shortcuts work as normal (long and short press). Keyboard shortcuts are one of the main reasons I love a physical keyboard .
    Good to know. Thanks!
    01-25-20 07:56 AM
    why cant I see the symbols popup on Titan using BlackBerry KB cobalt232 XDA? Bummer...
    01-25-20 03:02 PM
    Man, if you like your PKB's to be on lightweight devices, the Titan is the last phone for you lol.

I found that I can literally fly on the LE keyboard, and in my very brief time with the Titan, I was much slower due to the unconventional 3 row layout.

Also, the key travel on that thing was nothing to write home about. Maybe it will be improved in future batches.
    01-25-20 07:43 PM
    Man, if you like your PKB's to be on lightweight devices, the Titan is the last phone for you lol.

I found that I can literally fly on the LE keyboard, and in my very brief time with the Titan, I was much slower due to the unconventional 3 row layout.

Also, the key travel on that thing was nothing to write home about. Maybe it will be improved in future batches.
    Yeah, I haven't seen one in person. Curious, tho. They're obviously targeting some supersized niche? What I don't get is what evidence has led BB et al to expect that supersized PKB sells better? ?? Larger and larger BB models have resulted in correspondingly fewer and fewer sales each step of the way. Yet NO one questions the strategy.

A BIG motive for wanting PKB is in pursuit of superior typing experience. Quantified by WPM, error rates, productivity per day? Per week?? Per year??? Lol.

If, as in the case of my KeyOne, the pkb handset is configured so that it actually suffers typing handicap, compared with my D60 slab typing, why should typing enthusiasts buy one? Compared with 9900 success, supersize pkb simply hasn't enjoyed success . Lol. Yet the strategy persists. Why that seems so difficult to accept remains a mystery, to me. Lol. BB et al, it seems, will never re-visit 9900's success.

I haven't tried a Titan but LE still stands as best typing experience currently available that I've tried. My best performance on LE achieves a pretty solid 65% of 9900's "gold standard". Pretty good, these days.

KeyOne barely achieves 50% and suffers about 35% without added contraptions to assist grasp. Thanks, in part, to poorly conceived key profile but mostly due to poor mass and weight distribution.

Mass, CAN assist stability IF well placed. Just behind keyboard. Or closely as possible. LE's reduced mass helped get COG, COM and MOI more optimal than K1's. Makes a diff for those who care. PKB enthusiasts, by definition, care. Imo. Fwiw.

No clue about Titan. Typing experience aside, PKB ShortCuts are also a big deal to PKB enthusiasts.
    01-26-20 11:10 PM

I am currently using an LE. I had been one of the original preorder backers of the Titan, and when I received it early, I was quite excited. The typing experience on it, however, was disappointing. The keys didn't have the same satisfying clickiness like this LE that I am typing this on right now. The layout of the alt characters was awkward, and it was heavy. I have already sent it back for a refund.
    01-27-20 07:13 AM
    Yeah, I haven't seen one in person. Curious, tho. They're obviously targeting some supersized niche? What I don't get is what evidence has led BB et al to expect that supersized PKB sells better? ?? Larger and larger BB models have resulted in correspondingly fewer and fewer sales each step of the way. Yet NO one questions the strategy.

A BIG motive for wanting PKB is in pursuit of superior typing experience. Quantified by WPM, error rates, productivity per day? Per week?? Per year??? Lol.

If, as in the case of my KeyOne, the pkb handset is configured so that it actually suffers typing handicap, compared with my D60 slab typing, why should typing enthusiasts buy one? Compared with 9900 success, supersize pkb simply hasn't enjoyed success . Lol. Yet the strategy persists. Why that seems so difficult to accept remains a mystery, to me. Lol. BB et al, it seems, will never re-visit 9900's success.

I haven't tried a Titan but LE still stands as best typing experience currently available that I've tried. My best performance on LE achieves a pretty solid 65% of 9900's "gold standard". Pretty good, these days.

KeyOne barely achieves 50% and suffers about 35% without added contraptions to assist grasp. Thanks, in part, to poorly conceived key profile but mostly due to poor mass and weight distribution.

Mass, CAN assist stability IF well placed. Just behind keyboard. Or closely as possible. LE's reduced mass helped get COG, COM and MOI more optimal than K1's. Makes a diff for those who care. PKB enthusiasts, by definition, care. Imo. Fwiw.

No clue about Titan. Typing experience aside, PKB ShortCuts are also a big deal to PKB enthusiasts.
    Yep, agreed. The LE is the only KEY device on which I can get acceptable one handed typing speeds.

The KEYone has the capacitive keyboard and better backlighting, but it is more prone to giving thumb cramps due to stiffer key springs and just being heavier.

It makes a world of difference when a PKB device weighs 156g instead of 180g.

The Priv weighs 192g but it has the excuse of being a slider with moving parts, and because of that, it doesn't give the impression of being too heavy for what it is.

The KEYone, however, just is too heavy.

Slabbers associate weight with "premium" but if you're gonna type on plastic, you don't want too much weight, and that weight needs to be balanced
    01-27-20 07:15 AM
    Yep, agreed. The LE is the only KEY device on which I can get acceptable one handed typing speeds.

The KEYone has the capacitive keyboard and better backlighting, but it is more prone to giving thumb cramps due to stiffer key springs and just being heavier.

It makes a world of difference when a PKB device weighs 156g instead of 180g.

The Priv weighs 192g but it has the excuse of being a slider with moving parts, and because of that, it doesn't give the impression of being too heavy for what it is.

The KEYone, however, just is too heavy.

Slabbers associate weight with "premium" but if you're gonna type on plastic, you don't want too much weight, and that weight needs to be balanced
    Haha, hard to get more "premium" build quality than proven by this 8 year old Bold. keeping it on the road has proven minutes easy and cheap. Battery swelling on my supersized heavyweight K1 popped the back off. It's down in company fab shop getting fitted with a newly designed polycarb back that includes provision for two "mostly parallel" swappable batteries. Including added circuitry to permit swapping one at a time... To permit truely wireless powering without reboot. .

Since we're blessed with SOooo many JM1s... And JM1s fit so compactly in pocket... Guess what we're using? Lol. Ability to utilize two of the 4000mah aftermarket "monsters" I have fitted in this 99 will certainly add endurance, AND a ledge on back to aid grasp. Also adds weight, tho. Very light JM1s should make this modded K1 lighter when endurance isn't so need. At least. One option I'm eager to experiment with is to fit a 4ah "monster" to the lower slot, directly behind KB and fit a JM1, or nothing, in the upper slot. Should significantly lower COG. Should prove informative, at least.

Problem is, K1's KB. Lol. Once the concept is proven, we'll be looking toward fitting the concept to the Two's. None of our K2's have popped their own back off yet so... My self disassembling K1 gets to be a test mule. Lol. Can't wait to test the weight distributions. Side by side. Concept might apply to Titan as well??

Yep, the physics encountered with pkb differ SOooo vastly from capacitive slab vkb. Even BB et al seemed to forget much of what decades of hard won experience had taught them after Bold. Imo.

Unlike zero force, zero displacement, capacitive slab typing, PKB character input demands some slight physical force and some slight physical displacement. Forces and displacements that the handset chassis must react to in equal and opposite ways. Per Sir Isaac. Lol.

To this late day, this 9900, and even LE, represents an exquisite example of what's possible when Sir Isaac's laws are respected.
    Last edited by idssteve; 01-27-20 at 10:08 AM.
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-27-20 09:38 AM
    Haha, hard to get more "premium" build quality than proven by this 8 year old Bold. keeping it on the road has proven minutes easy and cheap. Battery swelling on my supersized heavyweight K1 popped the back off. It's down in company fab shop getting fitted with a newly designed polycarb back that includes provision for two "mostly parallel" swappable batteries. Including added circuitry to permit swapping one at a time... To permit truely wireless powering without reboot. .

Since we're blessed with SOooo many JM1s... And JM1s fit so compactly in pocket... Guess what we're using? Lol. Ability to utilize two of the 4000mah aftermarket "monsters" I have fitted in this 99 will certainly add endurance, AND a ledge on back to aid grasp. Also adds weight, tho. Very light JM1s should make this modded K1 lighter when endurance isn't so need. At least. One option I'm eager to experiment with is to fit a 4ah "monster" to the lower slot, directly behind KB and fit a JM1, or nothing, in the upper slot. Should significantly lower COG. Should prove informative, at least.

Problem is, K1's KB. Lol. Once the concept is proven, we'll be looking toward fitting the concept to the Two's. None of our K2's have popped their own back off yet so... My self disassembling K1 gets to be a test mule. Lol. Can't wait to test the weight distributions. Side by side. Concept might apply to Titan as well??

Yep, the physics encountered with pkb differ SOooo vastly from capacitive slab vkb. Even BB et al seemed to forget much of what decades of hard won experience had taught them after Bold. Imo.

Unlike zero force, zero displacement, capacitive slab typing, PKB character input demands some slight physical force and some slight physical displacement. Forces and displacements that the handset chassis must react to in equal and opposite ways. Per Sir Isaac. Lol.

To this late day, this 9900, and even LE, represents an exquisite example of what's possible when Sir Isaac's laws are respected.
    Ah!! The Bold 9900, a classic design and still the best forum factor device they made. They tried to remake it with the classic, but by then OS10 was doomed.
    01-27-20 02:25 PM
    Ah!! The Bold 9900, a classic design and still the best forum factor device they made. They tried to remake it with the classic, but by then OS10 was doomed.
    Yep, it's what my left thumb is typing this reply with despite a desk covered with newer and bigger handsets. Arguably the single most successful BB product. THE culminating Flagship of BBOS. The "goldilocks just right" culmination of everything RIM had learned by 2011. Everything they forgot when Mike intentionally sequestered qnx/bb10 devs from that legacy. Because of a silly book Mike had read? Lol.

Perfect as it was, there WAS room for improvement. Even more sales potential might've been had with a 99B providing improved battery. And then a 99C with real camera. Maybe 99M with more memory?? Lol. ORrrr... 99Droid??? Lol.

Instead, they've tried handing us crippled Q, huge Classic, enormous PP, giant Priv, gargantuan K... Somehow thinking legacy users (the ONLY reliable segment they had!) somehow wouldn't notice? Each step larger enjoying fewer sales. Never again to try the PROVEN formula. Go figure. Does ANYone look at numbers? Lol.

A BIG motive for buying a PKB device is typing experience. Why buy a pkb device that's so huge that typing experience suffers? Why are folks like me STILL forced to nurse life out of 8 year old hardware just to find such typing experience? Maybe because nearly every design offered since has been designed by slab users for slab users? As if there's any prayer of success at displacing slabs from slab enthusiast hands? ??

Idk what market Titan was targeting but if it's even larger that K, they sure can't expect to displace this marvelously proportioned 9900 from MY hand. Lol.
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-27-20 03:28 PM
    OK, so far so good with the TITAN!

Is it too early or too much to ask for a priv like slider for this TITAN??? #takemymoney

Need recommendations for a car holder.

thanks!
    01-28-20 09:25 PM
    OK, so far so good with the TITAN!

Is it too early or too much to ask for a priv like slider for this TITAN??? #takemymoney

Need recommendations for a car holder.

thanks!
    LMAO - a slider would sell even worse
    01-28-20 09:30 PM
    Hey. They sold 7 more Titans in the last 24 hours. Stop being a negative Nancy.
    01-28-20 11:33 PM
    Thanks for taking over my job while I was in Titanic alcohol haze..
    Hey. They sold 7 more Titans in the last 24 hours. Stop being a negative Nancy.
    conite likes this.
    01-29-20 12:32 AM
    It may be but I know that one of those priv type slider titans would be in my hands; -)

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-29-20 05:00 AM
323 ... 10111213