01/16/2020 Update: UniHertz is aware of this issues and has already released an update which fixes several things, including the missed input issue when typing at higher speeds.
    I would now be willing to give the device another shot and go more in depth

Original post:

So I just got my Titan, and I'll cut to the chase...

The PKB is just awful.

I haven't even really messed around with the phone yet, but good luck trying to type on this thing.

There is virtually no key clickiness, as in it makes the Priv keyboard feel like a 9900.

But worst of all, there are many, MANY missed keys. All the time.
    And spacebar also.
    Meaning you hit the letter, and the letter/space is not input.

I would type on glass ANY day before I'd carry this POS for even a day

And yes, I tried installing Gboard and BlackBerry VKB but the problem is still there.

The KEY2 PKB, despite its known quirks, completely obliterates the one on this atrocity of a "phone".

Remember when we all complained that the KEY2 spacebar was too clicky?

Well you'd wish this one had it even half as clicky as the KEY2's.

Terrible terrible keyboard.

I don't know if it has to do with not having access to BBL's patents (because the Typo gen 1 keyboard case for iPhone 5S/SE actually worked great, loved that thing) but this just sucks.

The only reason I backed this thing is so that I wouldn't be able to tell myself that I didn't do all that I could to support the PKB.

And boy, was it a waste of $240.

I would have rather have paid $700 for the Pro 1.

It's going on eBay very soon, except I don't even know if I should list it as "open-box" or "for-parts" because I don't consider this keyboard functional.
    I've got a UniHertz Titan (updated)-screenshot_20200104-195104.jpeg
    Last edited by the_boon; 01-17-20 at 12:21 PM.
    01-04-20 06:51 PM
    I actually think I could have written this for you! Lol.
    01-04-20 07:15 PM
    I actually think I could have written this for you! Lol.
    I used my KEY2 to type this, and if I had used the Titan, it would have taken me 4x the time, with all the amount of going back and correcting.

The backspace key barely works.

How is it possible to make such a piece of s*** keyboard is beyond me.

I'm guessing the guys at UniHertz (all three of them) didn't even bother to test it.

Typing really slow on it does kind of reduce the amount of missed presses, but this thing can't hold a candle to any of the KEYBerry's.

They're light years ahead.

Mushy keys, slow to register, you name it.

What an utter fail.

I know what you must be thinking, that not having BB's patents is the cause for this, and while that may be partially true, Ryan Seacrest did an okay job at his first gen Typo case. The keys were very loud and clicky, but they registered every single time.

Whatever, off to eBay it goes.
    01-04-20 07:21 PM

I know what you must be thinking, that not having BB's patents is the cause for this, and while that may be partially true, Ryan Seacrest did an okay job at his first gen Typo case. The keys were very loud and clicky, but they registered every single time.

Whatever, off to eBay it goes.
    But BlackBerry was able to sue Typo for infringement. So, clearly they stole some IP.
    01-04-20 07:23 PM
    But BlackBerry was able to sue Typo for infringement. So, clearly they stole some IP.
    Maybe.

And maybe BlackBerry didn't pursue UniHertz once they got a Titan in their hands and saw what a POS the keyboard was.

I'd even rather type on an iPhone SE (without Typo PKB) which I consider to be the worst VKB experience, so that is saying much.
    conbrio29 likes this.
    01-04-20 07:28 PM
    And maybe BlackBerry didn't pursue UniHertz once they got a Titan in their hands and saw what a POS the keyboard was.
    Yep... why waste money on litigation when BlackBerry Ltd. knew the Titan would be a major fail on it's own... 🤣

Bob
    the_boon likes this.
    01-04-20 07:51 PM
    Disappointing. Too, too bad. Just goes to show, all PKB are NOT the same. BB truly elevated typing experience to an art form with 9900. Never truly repeated since. There ARE still replacement 9900 keyboards available...

"Legal/ethical" question: What implications might manifest out of fitting surplus genuine BB keyboards to a third party "titan style" device design? ??
    fschmeck likes this.
    01-04-20 08:40 PM
    I thought Unihertz stated that they would deal with repairs, problems or replacements? Have you tried contacting them yet or received a response?

This is a quote from the thread post.
    "If you met any problem during your usage or need any support, please contact the Customer Service [email protected] and they will help you with it.".

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-04-20 at 09:03 PM.
    01-04-20 08:53 PM
    I thought Unihertz stated that they would deal with repairs, problems or replacements? Have you tried contacting them yet or received a response?

This is a quote from the thread post.
    "If you met any problem during your usage or need any support, please contact the Customer Service [email protected] and they will help you with it.".

Oh boy... with that, Unihertz probably won’t survive the week now with @the_boon

Maybe everyone should email them ahead of time as boon’s PKB social media status. He’s practically a CrackBerry Kardashian
    the_boon, falbo, Tsepz_GP and 1 others like this.
    01-04-20 09:17 PM
    Screw them. It's going on eBay, I don't have the patience to deal with that kind of "support".

I can't believe mine just happens to be a one-off.

I bet each backer is gonna receive one and they haven't made any extra units for those with problems.

This is barely a company anyway.

They made a small batch of a couple thousand of these and couldn't get each one of them right?

What a joke this keyboard is. I'd rather use a KEY2 that has the wobbliest/rattliest spacebar than this atrocious UniHurts keyboard, which is saying a lot.
    Tsepz_GP and chain13 like this.
    01-04-20 10:03 PM
    mine works great
    01-04-20 10:15 PM
    Screw them. It's going on eBay, I don't have the patience to deal with that kind of "support".

I bet each backer is gonna receive one and they haven't made any extra units for those with problems.

They made a small batch of a couple thousand of these and couldn't get each one of them right?

What a joke this keyboard is. I'd rather use a KEY2 that has the wobbliest/rattliest spacebar than this atrocious UniHurts keyboard, which is saying a lot.
    Hey boon... Happy New Year!!!

I know you’re super busy... When you have more than just a few seconds for just a couple words, tell us how you really feel how about your Titan experience.

LMAO :-)
    01-04-20 10:21 PM

Am I detecting a glimmer of hope there?
    Maybe they will upgrade it and send you a Passport silver edition.

the_boon likes this.
    01-04-20 10:25 PM
    Am I detecting a glimmer of hope there?
    Maybe they will upgrade it and send you a Passport silver edition.

No patience. This thing is junk.

If you have $240 to spend, get a KEY2 LE.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-04-20 10:34 PM

When it gets there, I’m bidding $9.99
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-04-20 10:35 PM
    It's a fresh product. Beta? Sure would like to see their response.
    01-04-20 11:01 PM
    Sorry to hear about this. I'm so glad I didn't part with any funds for this phone as I initially thought that its way too big for my pockets and I had doubts about the PKB. For now I still have my priv and K2 with the passport in reserve.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    the_boon and Rico4you like this.
    01-04-20 11:08 PM
    Screw it, I can't stand an unreliable keyboard and this is about as reliable as a Fiat with 100k miles (if there's even such a thing)

It's barely tolerable if I deliberately slow down my typing, as the missed input will be greatly reduced but still far, far from perfect. Isn't the point of a PKB to be more accurate and enjoyable than typing on glass?

Because enjoyment is not what I'm feeling here. This makes typing on my OnePlus 6 feel amazing (with haptic feedback and Gboard or BB VKB)

If there were no KEYBerry 's, an S8+ with the keyboard case or even an iPhone SE with a Typo keyboard case is what I would be using before this epic failure of a "keyboard".

I typed this on the Titan and had many missed characters, I'd have mashed this on my KEYone / KEY2 / LE in a fraction of the time.

I have found something more frustrating than typing on a tiny glass VKB like on an iPhone 5S , which is really saying something because I considered that to be the epitome of mobile typing frustration.
    01-04-20 11:09 PM
    Screw it, I can't stand an unreliable keyboard and this is about as reliable as a Fiat with 100k miles (if there's even such a thing)

It's barely tolerable if I deliberately slow down my typing, as the missed input will be greatly reduced but still far, far from perfect. Isn't the point of a PKB to be more accurate and enjoyable than typing on glass?

Because enjoyment is not what I'm feeling here. This makes typing on my OnePlus 6 feel amazing (with haptic feedback and Gboard or BB VKB)

If there were no KEYBerry 's, an S8+ with the keyboard case or even an iPhone SE with a Typo keyboard case is what I would be using before this epic failure of a "keyboard".

I typed this on the Titan and had many missed characters, I'd have mashed this on my KEYone / KEY2 / LE in a fraction of the time.

I have found something more frustrating than typing on a tiny glass VKB like on an iPhone 5S , which is really saying something because I considered that to be the epitome of mobile typing frustration.
    Lol... Yeah, I certainly get it. Once a communications asset gets hard wired into speech centers, ANY response uncertainty upsets thought-to-thumb concept generation.... As if tongue lost coordination... Sounds like this thing is more like talking with a dentist numbed tongue! Lmao.

Such a shame it doesn't appear to have been well tested.
    01-04-20 11:37 PM

Such a shame it doesn't appear to have been well tested.
    I still hope mine is just a one-off bad unit but with such a small batch of a specialized product you would think we'd be safe from this kind of absurdity.

FFS, it's 2020, mobile physical keyboards have been around for almost two decades now, how hard can it possibly be to make a keyboard that registers every single key press?!?
    It's the most basic thing about a keyboard!!!!

How is it that the Typo keyboard case for the iPhones registers every single click no matter how fast you type, when that thing is connected via Bluetooth?

And yet this thing with a built-in keyboard can't get this very basic thing right?

And I thought TCL was bad at QC, this is on a whole new level.

And I'm expecting zero support from a no-name "company" like this, hence why it's already for sale as opposed to me waiting around for them to maybe offer to send me a replacement.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F264588703624
    01-04-20 11:43 PM
    Beta? There are no more coming, it was a kickstart endeavor from the get go and will end there. 3000 "sales" and soon to be 2000 pissed off owners. They have no support. Makes me wonder about those initial reviews on YouTube and how they didn't mention that it was a piece of trash?
    01-04-20 11:44 PM
    mine works great
    Mine does, too. Now it's going to take some time to get used to the layout, but mine functions as it should. Similar feel to my Key2LE. Backlighting is the best I've seen on a PKB device.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-04-20 11:48 PM
    Beta? There are no more coming, it was a kickstart endeavor from the get go and will end there. 3000 "sales" and soon to be 2000 pissed off owners. They have no support. Makes me wonder about those initial reviews on YouTube and how they didn't mention that it was a piece of trash?
    I posted on here and on Reddit, so far I'm the only one to have input issues.

Hopefully for all the others out there, that it's just mine.

But yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for a second that there will be even a SINGLE update for this thing.

I mean there are only about 3000 out there.

I miss TCL's QC already...

I'll stick to my KEYone/KEY2/LE
    01-04-20 11:48 PM
    Mine does, too. Now it's going to take some time to get used to the layout, but mine functions as it should. Similar feel to my Key2LE. Backlighting is the best I've seen on a PKB device.
    I'll take uneven backlighting any day for a PKB that inputs text perfectly.

Enjoy your Titan!

Glad to see I'm the only one so far
    01-04-20 11:49 PM
    Also, I hope that if BBMo stops (which is basically official) that whatever crowd funded PKB devices we do get in the future are at least more reliable than this Titan that I have.
    01-04-20 11:59 PM
323 123 ...