I currently have a cell plan for my wife and I. Mine is with Bell, and hers is with Rogers. Both are currently locked in to a contract, and would cost me some money to break. I am 100% sure I am getting a bb10 the second it is available but I want to make sure I am not making a mistake.

My plan is to use the upgrade on my wife's account (Rogers will wave the upgrade fee), have the phone unlocked, and use it on Bell. This would allow me the upgrade I want without paying the penalties. Eventually I will switch my line back from Bell to Rogers once the fee is smaller ( Bell quoted me $500 to break the contract). I want to switch because I have all my other services with them like home phone, internet, cable and so on.

While I think this is my best option in terms of cost, and getting the phone I want, will I for sure be able to use the Rogers bb10 on the Bell network? I am concerned because I have a 9900 now and it uses H+, BB10 will be LTE. Will Bell allow this, will they even know?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide
    12-19-12 02:52 PM
    This article posted on the Digital Home Forum is a great write-up on the various LTE standards and frequency spectrums available. It's kind of a warning on holding off from buying an LTE phone given the churn in frequency spectrum/standards available in Canada vs. worldwide.

I can't say for sure that the Bhell vs. Robbers LTE phones are interoperable, but my guess would be "most likely so."
    12-21-12 07:29 AM
    Most probably, if they have LTE support, you should be able to use it with the network, that is if bell supports bb10. If they do, well they should be able to connect.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    12-21-12 08:07 AM