Hi guys,

My babe finally got her 8900 yesterday and we're awaiting it to arrive in a few weeks.

Most of her songs are loaded to iTunes (on Windows) and some of them were bought, so are protected.

Can we use BB Media Sync to load the songs to her 8900? Will they play? Do we need to "jailbreak" them?

Thanks for the help!
    11-22-09 09:48 AM
    Upgrade them in itunes plus for another .30 each and then you are free to put them on any device you choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 09:59 AM
    Thanks, now I know how to legally "jailbreak" them.

And my question? Shall I understand it as a "no, they won't sync"?
    11-22-09 10:34 AM
    The BlackBerry will not play protected content.

If you burn the songs to an Audio CD and then re-rip them to the computer, the BlackBerry will be able to play them.
    11-22-09 11:46 AM
    Ok then. Thanks guys.
    11-22-09 11:48 AM
    I downloaded my itunes music directly through DM (Media). I didn't have to do anything special. When I opened Media, it allowed me to select which playlists I wanted to copy onto my Storm. A lot of my music was bought directly from itunes.
    11-22-09 01:11 PM
    I downloaded my itunes music directly through DM (Media). I didn't have to do anything special. When I opened Media, it allowed me to select which playlists I wanted to copy onto my Storm. A lot of my music was bought directly from itunes.
    I was expecting it to be so, or they wouldn't advertise as such (I guess).

We'll find out during the week. I'll let you guys know.
    11-22-09 03:31 PM
    Songs purchased in iTunes after the second week of January 2009 do not have DRMs associated with them.
    11-22-09 07:51 PM
    And songs with DRM didn't sync. Question answered.
    12-21-09 08:19 PM
    My question may be covered elsewhere, but didn't see it. Computer #1 has itunes and "purchased" songs. Playlist entitled Blackberry will sync using Media Sync. Same goes for Computer #2. However, songs from #1 won't transfer to #2 even after "synchronization". Don't do "Home sharing" because I won't use credit card to set up account w/ itunes...I make purchases with itunes cards. Any suggestions to get songs from BB to 2nd computer?
    01-08-10 10:13 PM
    Can't you just change the songs to mp3 format and move them to the desktop then when u connect ur blackberry, just drag and drop them into the folders?
    01-08-10 10:33 PM
    I plugged my Storm2 in and in Desktop Manager I believe I went to add cpntent or media or something and it gave me the option to sync from iTunes and I have playlists that I made in iTunes as well as music I purchased from iTunes for .99 on my BB and they all play...

01-09-10 12:03 AM
    To InShoreRig. If your trying to get songs from computer 1 to computer 2 that you bought in iTunes find them on your comp and try to put them on a cd and transfer it over. Or use your BB as a USB drive anddrag and drop into and out of folders. Thats what I would try

01-09-10 12:06 AM
    Thanks hagerr37, I'll give it a try. Just trying to move songs w/out having to "burn" anything. Amazing how you can move songs to BB from both computers, but after syncing BB to each computer using Media Sync, songs not purchased from repspective computers will not transfer to it. Didn't think the DRM thing was still a problem.
    01-09-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD