Today I write this and I think how long this company has made it. When Mr Thorsten Hins said that they wanted to make this OS perfect boy was he not joking. I have had almost every OS from Palm to WebOS from Symbian to Windows and everything in between, Seriously. I have always found many issues with all of the devices I have owned including BlackBerry 10, but for the first time my BlackBerry issues are very minor, it even took a few days to see them when on other OS's I spotted almost immediately.I am amazed at how near perfect this device is, as we all know nothing is perfect, but I don't think you can get much closer then this.

Everyone who took part in making this OS, hat's off to you. I can really see how much time was put into BlackBerry 10. The Z10 looks and feels like those high end devices while it still has that BlackBerry look and feel at the same time. That is Magic. I'm glad the wait is over (finally) but I tell you this, it was worth the wait

CrackBerry I think it's about time we the fans, all of us say Thank You. It's now 3am and still having a hard time putting this thing down lol

Hit that Thanks button below because you know someone,maybe Thor himself will read this

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:19 AM
    The product isn't finished. They have a lot of work to do to get bb10 to levels that will please former BlackBerry users and new ones.
    I can't thank them for a job half finished. Just my point of view.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 03:19 AM
    The product isn't finished. They have a lot of work to do to get bb10 to levels that will please former BlackBerry users and new ones.

Posted via CB10
    Debbie Downer ^^

No but you're right, still in need of some major updated to maximize on its potential, however they do deserve a thank you for producing what's they've done so far.

This OS is really good and I will say that BlackBerry has changed the game with this. Strip away apps on other devices and what do you get. Nothing special. The intuitive interface of BB10 makes iOS and Android seems slow.

If BlackBerry continue to out forth a strong effort to build a great music and app library, they will succeed.

Of course, this is all my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    04-05-13 03:33 AM
    It is gorgeous hardware.

Software and functionalities need work; there is a lot that is missing. I'm hoping that upcoming updates will make this phone what it can be, a BlackBerry with modern solutions yet true to its BlackBerry roots.

So I thank Thor for moving the company forward and I hope he leads BlackBerry back to relevancy.
    04-05-13 03:42 AM
    Yeah don't get me wrong. I love the z10. But only because i see it as a project in progress. If this was the finished product then the mess that is profiles alone would be driving me crazy
    But I fully expect them to improve what is a very solid start!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 03:48 AM
    Given that this is a brand new OS and it is only a mere 2 months through its infancy, I would say that the BB10 (Z10 in particular) is a smashing success. I have never been more happier with a cell phone choice.
    I've been watching and waiting since September of last year for this too happen and I was not disappointed. Wasn't able to secure one until the end of opening week but the wait was worth it. The wife ribs me constantly on my affection for an electronic gadget but I'm happy as a pig in ****.
    Thank you RIM/BlackBerry!
    04-05-13 03:59 AM
    Like I said I have had them all Old Palm, New Palm, Old Windows, New Windows, Symbian, Android, IOS, Old Blackberry and Now BlackBerry 10, I have even had Feature phones before Smartphones THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST ADVANCED, Again Hats off BlackBerry don't let anyone tell you different
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-13 10:28 AM
    The best phone in the world was not Blackberry's end goal....it was their starting point

I look forward to see how far they can take this platform. It is not perfect, but it is exceptional right out of the gate.
    04-05-13 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey I have been a berry user probably longer then you, since 2002 GUESS WHAT???? As A former BB user this device is AMAZING. You can't Thank them for a job that's 1/2 done? Sir BB10 is more the 1/2 done on the OS, more like 85% complete. there are minor issues.. Simply look at ALL the reviews on this device they are all Great reviews. I would not be surprised if you r talking about those stupid missing apps
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-13 10:38 AM
    Ok.. Thank you BlackBerry
    04-05-13 10:39 AM
    It may not be perfect but IMO it's the best damn new smartphone OS ever launched. I know the 'other guys' where not this polished on version 1.

Good work BlackBerry!
    04-05-13 10:43 AM
    I'm not a hardcore Blackberry user to the degree that a LOT of you are, so my remarks may not mean much......

But even with the issues, the Z10 is a one heck of a phone. I'll give points to Blackberry for making the initial release "worth the wait". I'll slide them a few more points for listening to their users and rushing out "some" updates (eh hmm Verizon). Then, I'll slide them a few more points, for the issues we know they're working on now and hope to have corrected soon.

I'll pass out a few more points with a bonus, if/when they give me back my damn custom profiles!! Honestly, with the way I use my phone, that is my biggest quip so far. I'm not fond of the Facebook app either, but that's waaaay at the bottom of my list.

Now, where's the thread to ask developers and accessory makers "WTH were you thinking?". Some of those people really STUNK IT UP!!! (eh hm Otterbox, Score Mobile)
    04-05-13 10:45 AM
    As he said : "This is just the Starting Line" in lieu with the earnings report.

Though I an surprised myself that they pulled this off despite negative odds. Then again, the war has just begun.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 CB App
    04-05-13 10:50 AM
    Thanks BlackBerry! Just so you know, I don't need you to be #1 you are in the mindset of those who choose to use a BlackBerry, that's why they have one. It fits their needs and lifestyle.

Keep up the great work and look forward to all the new exciting things to come.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-05-13 12:03 PM
    I have been a BlackBerry user since 6 years ago. Stuck through BlackBerry though thick and thin..This new platform is revolutionary to say the least. The system just flows like Thorsten said. BlackBerry needs some serious recognition for the invention of this platform. We have to keep in mind we are at the starting stages and from here on it will just get better. This is not the old BlackBerry were are used to and I cannot speak enough about how this phone grows on you and actually helps you get things done line never before. I say all thumbs up BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:25 PM
    I also want to add something. I wish we could edit post. We need to be careful what we respond to in this post. If we look how it's titled. Every one on this forum knows it's a work in progress. We don't have to dig up dirt on a positive thread letting everybody know about what is still missing. Who will give up phone till version 12.0.0.0 is out. Nobody will so keep that in mind. It's either we get the phone now and wait till we get more features implemented or wait till next year for a complete OS

Posted via CB10
    Jonathank likes this.
    04-05-13 12:32 PM
    I also want to add something. I wish we could edit post. We need to be careful what we respond to in this post. If we look how it's titled. Every one on this forum knows it's a work in progress. We don't have to dig up dirt on a positive thread letting everybody know about what is still missing. Who will give up phone till version 12.0.0.0 is out. Nobody will so keep that in mind. It's either we get the phone now and wait till we get more features implemented or wait till next year for a complete OS

Posted via CB10
    You can edit your post in the CB10 App. Hold your finger on your post until the side menu opens then tap the pencil icon and edit.
    bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    04-05-13 12:46 PM
    Thank you BlackBerry!

Posted via Red Z10
    04-05-13 01:06 PM
    Like I said I have had them all Old Palm, New Palm, Old Windows, New Windows, Symbian, Android, IOS, Old Blackberry and Now BlackBerry 10, I have even had Feature phones before Smartphones THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST ADVANCED, Again Hats off BlackBerry don't let anyone tell you different
    Job half done. Especially when they saw what features everyone needed and left them out. Hoping to thank them after 10.1

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:12 PM
    Hey I have been a berry user probably longer then you, since 2002 GUESS WHAT???? As A former BB user this device is AMAZING. You can't Thank them for a job that's 1/2 done? Sir BB10 is more the 1/2 done on the OS, more like 85% complete. there are minor issues.. Simply look at ALL the reviews on this device they are all Great reviews. I would not be surprised if you r talking about those stupid missing apps
    Apps .. random reboots (wouldn't be annoying if I could flash a rom myself. But not) email only 30 days back. Half the features they left out that drive people back to Os7 and their old chappy devices. Non customizable anything. No widget support. The maps app is terrible at rendering anything as you need it. Multitasking with only one item on the screen? Yippee!!! Battery is small and weak for a whole day. And I want to use it as my only device...cant
    And for an phone that needs android apps to fill In what's it lacking they could have at least ripped off a ics or jellybean runtime code.

But it does look pretty.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:18 PM
    I'm not a hardcore Blackberry user to the degree that a LOT of you are, so my remarks may not mean much......
    Actually, IMO, just the opposite.

Is z10 finished - yes and no. However, incomplete or not, it is the best BlackBerry I've ever owned....and this is number 12(8 for personal use) and I own some great BlackBerries. So, after all the delays, I can say thank you to Thors for not crumbling under the weight of negativity from the media, stockholders, former/old members(including myself), new members, trolls, hobbits, warlocks, a sway-backed,****-eyed mule.......

Point being, he stepped up when the former CEOs (Abbott & Costello) were actually being less than honest about the progress(or lack therof) of the QNX(BB10) project.....that we have - now. As stated......my opinion.
    SlcCorrado, bungaboy and Mecca EL like this.
    04-05-13 01:39 PM
    I'll give you your medal in the parade of your honour.
    In short I don't care how long you've used BlackBerry. If you like it then great. I like it too. But it is lacking key features from 7.1. Profiles is a mess. The hub needs work. There are plenty of quirks that need to be ironed out. But once they are then BlackBerry 10 will be one **** of an os. But I won't say it's near perfect. God if I made that claim to someone and they tried the phone then I guarantee that that person will never use BlackBerry again. There is such a thing as overhyping a product and it does more damage then negative reviews.
    Speaking of which, I have looked at the reviews. They are mixed. Some great, some bad and others in between. That tells me that the os is not perfect for some. But it may be for others such as yourself and that's great. Nothing wrong with that, I just gave my opinion seeing as we're on a forum. I didn't say you were wrong, I expressed that it was my own opinion so I find it sad that you felt the need to respond the way you did.
    And I realise that assuming anyone who has anything bad to say about BlackBerry is bitter about apps, is the crackberry way these days but you are totally wrong.
    You see the best thing about 7.1 for me was I needed no apps. With BlackBerry 10 I need a load of apps to get the same use I had on 7.1.
    So i will restate my opinion that BlackBerry has more work to do. And when they finish it, I will thank them. You can disagree with me if you wish, but you can't say I'm wrong for having my opinion

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:46 PM
    I'm not in a BlackBerry thanking kinda mode yet. This new operating system was delayed how many times? How many months in total was it delayed for? They bought QNX when again? They had all of that time to work on this new operating system and I can't help but wonder what they were doing. The hardware looks and feels great, but the software is so far behind that it is pathetic. BB10 lacks features that I had when I was rocking a OS4 BlackBerry. No joke.

The main reasons I continued to use a BlackBerry over the years aren't even on BB10 yet. You could probably remove all the apps with "BlackBerry" in their name and just call BB10 Jolla and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't realize that the OS was made by BlackBerry. In my opinion, it's a let down. It is meh. The faithful will profess their love for it, but its honestly meh when compared to the other options available

In my opinion, There is nothing meaningful about BB10 that is the best. OS 7 is better than BB10 for email, communication, and work. iOS and Android are still better for apps and entertainment. Except now, Android and iOS are actually better at email, notifications and PIM than the latest BlackBerry. Its sad.

I'll thank BB if they ever get around to finishing the job they started like 3 years ago.

UPDATE: I was trying to exaggerate when I said they started the job 3 years ago, but man was I pretty close. RIM announced that they would acquire QNX on Apr 9, 2010. Crazy
    Last edited by Saiga; 04-05-13 at 02:06 PM.
    04-05-13 01:50 PM
    Apps .. random reboots (wouldn't be annoying if I could flash a rom myself. But not) email only 30 days back. Half the features they left out that drive people back to Os7 and their old chappy devices. Non customizable anything. No widget support. The maps app is terrible at rendering anything as you need it. Multitasking with only one item on the screen? Yippee!!! Battery is small and weak for a whole day. And I want to use it as my only device...cant
    And for an phone that needs android apps to fill In what's it lacking they could have at least ripped off a ics or jellybean runtime code.

But it does look pretty.

Posted via CB10
    This is your contribution to the 'Thank You to BlackBerry' topic here? You can do better than that.
    bungaboy and Jonathank like this.
    04-05-13 02:00 PM
    I was thinking the same thing.

I know there has to be a few more updates to get it 100%, however I have never been happier, the phone looks and feels great, my mates all love it and want one, and I feel proud again to say I have BlackBerry

Thank you BlackBerry

04-05-13 02:01 PM
87 123 ...