01-25-16 03:02 AM
45 12
tools
    If you can, please spend a few bucks and give support to our few remaining BB developers.

Thanks in advance.
    01-21-16 07:46 AM
    great idea!
    noemi-abril likes this.
    01-21-16 07:49 AM
    MUCH better idea than the ridiculous "buy a priv" to support BlackBerry. Buy what you want... not what the masses tell you to want.

CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    01-21-16 08:05 AM
    Most apps are garbage but I have paid a few bucks here and there to developers who have made awesome apps. No reason to buy an app from a crappy developer, buy an app that is useful for yourself.
    TGR1, BoldPreza, shupor and 1 others like this.
    01-21-16 10:36 AM
    I would never expect you to spend your hard earned money on useless things.
    01-21-16 12:21 PM
    Be careful, you actually might make a developer do a spit-take when he sees that people actually bought a copy of his BB10 app.
    01-21-16 12:30 PM
    Be careful, you actually might make a developer do a spit-take when he sees that people actually bought a copy of his BB10 app.
    I'd be doing bloody star jumps lol

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-21-16 12:34 PM
    I'd be doing bloody star jumps lol
    That's a bloody shame.

I think I'm up to about ten paid apps so far.
    01-21-16 01:00 PM
    I have purchased a couple: my issue is more that I don't see apps that I would use very often - I seldom play games, so that limits me sharply.
    01-21-16 01:02 PM
    That's a bloody shame.

I think I'm up to about ten paid apps so far.
    I'm on 8, but then again I very rarely use it for anything other than calling, texting, and a bit of Internet

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 01:16 PM
    I bought Umbrella weather, even though I already own BeWeather Pro. I like the simplicity of Umbrella and I like to support a developer.

As a general thing, if I see an app I think I might find useful, I buy it, and no regrets if it turns out less useful than I thought.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-21-16 01:25 PM
    I'm on 8, but then again I very rarely use it for anything other than calling, texting, and a bit of Internet
    I'm pretty much the same way but it's still nice to throw a few bucks out there from time to time.

I might give star player a spin as I can't stand the stock BB10 app.
    01-21-16 01:26 PM
    I have 26 paid apps, many of which I use rarely but I like to support the devs when I see something that interests me.
    Rustybronco and lift like this.
    01-21-16 01:30 PM
    If it's a good app and I need or want it then I have no problem buying it. I do get irritated when I see the "too expensive" or "should be free" in the comments section when they discuss a new app or updated app in the blog.
    01-21-16 01:34 PM
    If it's a good app and I need or want it then I have no problem buying it. I do get irritated when I see the "too expensive" or "should be free" in the comments section when they discuss a new app or updated app in the blog.
    This!

What incentive does it give a developer to work for free? How does a couple of bucks hurt your bottom line? I'm sure most people here tip more than a couple of bucks when they go out to eat, or buy an overpriced coffee daily.
    Either pay for the app, download a free one that may be plagued with ads, or hush.
    01-21-16 01:44 PM
    Is there anyway we can get a list of the developers who had "Built for Blackberry"apps? As, I think they should be the first ones that are supported by buying their apps. I'm afraid when the title of "Built for Blackberry" gets pulled, that unless one is familiar with one particular app or developer that we won't know who had worked their butts off to get the "Built for Blackberry" title.
    01-21-16 01:54 PM
    If the app maintains the old BlackBerry Integrity (security, productivity, app permission selection), along with multi-funtionality, I have no problem supporting a reliable Dev. More so because I believe these qualities may fall in priority under the new directives.
    Maybe Crackberry could give them a section on the forum.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-21-16 02:05 PM
    I think it would be better served if we at least supported those who are still actively supporting OS10. Not many of those around anymore.

That's just my opinion.
    01-21-16 02:10 PM

I might give star player a spin as I can't stand the stock BB10 app.
    Go for it, it's on BETA zone or BBW if you want a more stable release.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 02:14 PM
    I must admit I was guilt of that before I started developing (2012), people don't seem to see the time, effort and in some cases our own money which goes into the research, development and testing.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 02:16 PM
    <SNIP> BBW if you want a more stable release.

Posted via CB10
    Done.
    01-21-16 02:17 PM
    Done.
    Thanks

Feedback and Suggestions are always welcome, I do my best to find implement them.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 02:18 PM
    I bought a BB Dev app that was rewrote for my Priv....."Buzz Off" best call blocker in the play store
    01-22-16 07:55 AM
    I have several paid apps, which consider to be of very good quality:

SuperTube - The best and most complete YouTube client I've used on BB10.

Video Shrinker - Very useful for those video size limits on BBM and WhatsApp.

ThirdEye - New app by Marco Bavagnoli, has some great and fun camera filters. It's a bit slow at the moment, but I'm sure Marco will continue optimising it.

Snap2Share - Good app for making specific edition on pictures.

Ober for Uber - I know one can use the mobile page or the Android version from GPS, but it's a way to support Nemory, who keeps developing for BB10. Plus, this is probably an ideal option for less advanced BB10 users.

PlayCloud - Excellent File Manager with cloud capabilities (including Google Drive). It hasn't been updated in a while, but it really doesn't need to as it works flawlessly.

Car Manager - Very useful to keep track of your car's data.

Scan to Text Pro - Quite useful to scan documents on the go.

File Converter - Wish it had more conversion options though.

Business Cards - Bought the unlocked options to extract information from the card.

Easy Home - Great app for creating custom shortcuts.

Photo Studio Pro - I've had it since BBOS days, it's just enough for most of the editing I need to do on pictures.

Games: Tales from the Deep, Plant vs. Zombies (unfortunately, unavailable on the Passport, had it on the Z30) and Troubles Land. Only the last one is currently installed on my Passport, it's a fine game, but overheats the phone and doesn't seem to be well fitted to the screen square (can only be played in landscape mode and image is a bit cut off at the sides).

I have several others, but don't have them currently installed on my Passport. Although, my Facebook account is currently disabled, I'm looking forward to Face10 by Nemory, the Beta is looking great so far. I will definitely purchase it once it hits BlackBerry World.

BTW, so far I've been in touch with Marco and Nemory, and their support is second to none, plus they constantly update their BB10 apps.

There might be some garbage app on BlackBerry World, but there are others well worth the cost. Search around a bit and sometimes you'll find some native apps which are pleasent surprises.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    01-22-16 08:35 AM
    Is this the typical BlackBerry culture? Buying apps you don't need to keep the faint hope of BB10's survival? it's the same thing I keep reading here about fanboys going to retail stores and informing their customers about BlackBerry. Or going to an Apple store and changing all the home pages to BlackBerry. Or making their own advertising campaigns.

It's sad really. BB10 is dying, it's unfortunate but the public has spoken, it doesn't want it or need it. So keep buying up all those "native" apps in the hopes it keeps BB10 alive. It won't. BB10 will go way of BBOS7, yes BBOS7 is still alive, as BBOS7 devices were outselling BB10 devices...

Chen doesn't care, have you seen his "compensation" package?
    shupor and MikeX74 like this.
    01-22-16 09:24 AM
45 12