09-14-16 01:20 AM
37 12
tools
    I have been active in two BBM groups for a year and a half in one and almost 3 years in another.

I have made some great friends on BBM. I use both the IOS and Android versions of the app.
    Hi Bakron--just wondering how you find the iOS version of BBM as far as functionality and do you have to deal with lots of ads?
    08-24-16 02:25 PM
    Modular deployment is almost always the best design decision.
    I highly agree.

In my particular case I use Facebox and the Android variant of messenger. Facebox for news feed and Messenger for PM's. Very light weight solution to the full blown app.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    08-24-16 02:31 PM
    Hi Bakron--just wondering how you find the iOS version of BBM as far as functionality and do you have to deal with lots of ads?
    I have been using the IOS version for a while now and I do get add feeds in my chat area, but never has disrupted any group chats. Not a big deal for me and with a single swipe they are deleted. To me it's part of the price we pay for free software.
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-24-16 03:30 PM
    My one and only BBM contact messaged me asking if I would add his new PIN to which I gladly obliged.
    09-01-16 01:14 PM
    I have only two BBM contacts left and neither one owns a BlackBerry. And between the three of us, we are each other's only other contacts. Sigh....

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 11:32 AM
    I don't recall saying force anyone to download BBM. I did say being cross-platform it's as easy to download as Messenger.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    Downloading BBM is literally the same process used for downloading Facebook Messenger.
    Cant say one is BS and not the other
    09-05-16 11:16 PM
    It's a sad day.-img_20160906_154555.png

  "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "  
    09-06-16 12:46 AM
    But Fakebook is cool, trendy, hip, [insert kid jargon here], and BBM is for "old people's phones, and is uncool.

BBM is cross-platform. I fail to see the issue. It's as easy to download as Messenger or any other messenger app. I have more now than years past. I just tell people to go to the Google Playstore or Apple store. Facebook forcing people to download messenger is pure and utter BS! (just my opinion)

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    09-06-16 06:59 AM
    Downloading BBM is literally the same process used for downloading Facebook Messenger.
    Cant say one is BS and not the other
    If you are on Facebook on Android or iOS you now have to download FB Messenger to utilize it. (was one now is two apps) I use the browser on my BlackBerry 10 devices and can still use the "Messenger" features without downloading another app. Is my point now understood? Facebook made the change to get their "download" of Messenger app numbers up.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    09-06-16 01:09 PM
    If you are on Facebook on Android or iOS you now have to download FB Messenger to utilize it. (was one now is two apps) I use the browser on my BlackBerry 10 devices and can still use the "Messenger" features without downloading another app. Is my point now understood? Facebook made the change to get their "download" of Messenger app numbers up.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    As I stated there is no difference between downloading BBM and Facebook Messenger.

You do not have to download Messenger to use Facebook, you do have to download it if you want to send direct messages, same with how you have to download BBM to send direct messages.

I know what your point was, it's just meaningless in this discussion. Having to download Facebook Messenger to use it to send messages is absolutely no different to downloading BBM to send direct messages.
    You can have facebook, and download Facebook messenger or you can have facebook and download BBM.
    Facebook is a social media app
    FB Messenger and BBM are messaging apps.

Granted I wasnt too keen on the the seperation of FB and Messenger, but Messenger has actually improved since it's seperation, whereas BBM has kind of got worse.
    09-07-16 01:41 AM
    All my BBM contacts are BlackBerry enthusiasts who come come from my BBM groups and/or Channels.

All my work and friend contacts are on iMessage or WhatsApp. I don't have FB so no FB messenger.

BBM is no longer a globally recognized messenger.

A messenger app is only as good as the number of people who use it, and BBM has slipped due to bad business decisions at which BlackBerry simply excels.

BBM should have gone platform-agnostic years ago before iMessage took off and What's was born.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 04:03 PM
    I love BBM! Not for the channels really but it's an amazing means of communication

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 01:20 AM
37 12