No more spontaneous reboots in the middle of a call. No more waiting almost 3 minutes for my Curve to come back to life. I feel so liberated.

It turned out that upgrading my third BB Curve 8320 to OS 4.5.0.81 did not change the situation at all. T-Mobile was giving me the runaround and asking me to go to a RIM authorized service center for warranty, since TMO's warranty by mail does not apply to Puerto Rico. So basically I wasted $200 on that Curve and it came to the point that for peace of mind, I'd rather get another $200 to pay the ETF so I did it; I ported back to AT&T and I'm back to my trusty Moto Q Global until I can get the Treo Pro. No more T-Mobile, and no more BlackBerry for me.

I have to give something to the Curve though. That thing is built like a tank! I wanted to smash it into pieces against the wall or floor and it wouldn't die. Too bad the software wasn't half as solid as the housing.

Once again thank to the CrackBerry community. You guys are really awesome. Too bad things didn't work as they should have for me. I wish none of you guys ever have to deal with a lemmon concealed as a blackberry.
    11-04-08 07:45 AM
    To each his own I suppose, sorry your BB experience wasn't as awesome as it should be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 09:00 AM
    So you tried to physically destroy your phone? Why?
    11-04-08 09:02 AM
    You should have sold it.

11-04-08 09:24 AM
    wow i give you credit... i could never go back to a windows phone...
    11-04-08 09:27 AM
    That's fine. I personally think that the Moto Q sux BUT that's just me.

My T Mobile Curve runs very well. Best phone I've ever had.

11-04-08 09:28 AM
    Frustration.

Havent you ever been working on something on your home PC and it froze? and you wanted to punch a hole through the monitor?

Or playing a game on Xbox live, listening to some prepubescent curse and talk crap about your family and wanted to strangle the kid? lol.. I know I have.

I'm usually a laid back person, but I explode when things **** me off.
    11-04-08 09:29 AM
    That's fine. I personally think that the Moto Q sux BUT that's just me.

My T Mobile Curve runs very well. Best phone I've ever had.

Wait what? I have both a Motorola Q9h and a Curve 8310..

1. The moto's call quality is wayyyyyyyy clearer and more crisp, hands down.

2. 3g? I can make voice calls and still be on the web.. try that with your Curve.

It's so funny listening to Blackberry fanboi's that think the bb is the holy grail of devices.. it's not. They have their own problems and hardware malfunctions just like everyone else. Just because you(not saying you specifically) use a BB, doesn't mean you're one notch up on everyone else on the totem pole of life. <- I typically see that when working with my BB users.
    11-04-08 09:31 AM
    It's too bad getting a lemon soured you on Blackberrys. My first Curve was a lemon. My second one is great, as are my wife's and those belonging to friends.

I understand the sentiment, though. I'd always heard that Honda makes great cars. Mine sucks. After I sold my Saturn (with 270k on the clock), I bought one. I've spent more money on repairs 30,000 miles after the warranty ended than I did on my Saturn 150,000 after its warranty was over. I'm not really interested in getting another Honda.
    11-04-08 09:33 AM
    Who says people with a BB think there 1 notch up on the totem pole of life? Where did that come from?

11-04-08 01:02 PM
    Hey sniffs, you're on a bb site. Of course we favor them.

11-04-08 01:23 PM
    Hey sniffs, you're on a bb site. Of course we favor them.

Yes.. but go to other sites, such as everythingq.com , or wmexperts.com and you dont see the elevation of status as you do on bb sites.

It's almost as bad as people who buy all Apple products..they think their ish dont stink. =P
    Last edited by sniffs; 11-04-08 at 02:03 PM.
    11-04-08 02:00 PM
    Wasn't TMO's network your problem? Why didn't you get a 8310 with AT&T? In Puerto Rico the best company is AT&T! It's so weird you had problems with your BB, they are solid!
    11-04-08 02:21 PM
    Well sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with the BB. I had the same problem with the Treo when I first moved to Canada. I wasn't into BB that much then. But now I see all the cool phones and think ahhhh that's a nice one but still wouldnt change from BB. I hope things work out for you and your new device. did you think about waiting for another device to come or it was too big a headache for ya?
    11-04-08 02:27 PM
    2. 3g? I can make voice calls and still be on the web.. try that with your Curve.
    I heard that if you use opera mini you can do this. I haven't tested it out but it's good to know just in case!

PS I hope the battery life on the Treo has improved from my 650. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by flchick75; 11-04-08 at 02:31 PM.
    11-04-08 02:29 PM
    Sorry to hear of the problems you've had. I can honestly say the Curve is the best phone I've had. Its a shame , I think you will be missing out.

11-04-08 02:45 PM
    I went through three exchanges, all with the exact same problem, though with varying degrees of occurrence. I don't know if it was a bad batch, if T-Mobile's Curve doesn't like former SunCom markets or what it is. Curve 8320 = rotten lemon in my experience. Also, T-Mobile didn't want to handle warranty and they said I had to go through a RIM Authorized center. Too much hassle when I had perfectly working phones until getting a Curve.
    You should have sold it.
    My concience would not have let me sell it to some unsuspecting soul. Destroying it was the best choice.
    Last edited by CeluGeek; 11-04-08 at 03:34 PM.
    11-04-08 03:13 PM
    wow i give you credit... i could never go back to a windows phone...
    Like nimja please said, to each their own. Before getting a BlackBerry for the first time, I went through various WM phones: Motorola MPx220, Audiovox SMT 5600, Cingular 2125, iPAQ 6515, Cingular 8125, Treo 750, AT&T Tilt and Moto Q9h. Even the biggest POS of the bunch (MPx220) was much more stable and dependable than the 3 BB Curves I had.
    11-04-08 03:19 PM

Havent you ever been working on something on your home PC and it froze? and you wanted to punch a hole through the monitor?
    Yes.....I tend to walk away or go smoke- that seems to help lol.

And BTW- I love your sig
    11-04-08 03:22 PM
    Wasn't TMO's network your problem? Why didn't you get a 8310 with AT&T? In Puerto Rico the best company is AT&T! It's so weird you had problems with your BB, they are solid!
    Yes, AT&T is the best carrier in Puerto Rico. But if T-Mobile gives you the chance of having unlimited voice calls and data with domestic LD and roaming included for $59.99/month, wouldn't you give them a try?

I didn't get a Curve 8310 with AT&T because I didn't need to; AT&T has decent non-BB smartphones. I got the Curve with T-Mobile because they had no other smartphones (the Wing and Dash are so outdated they didn't even bring them to Puerto Rico) and the Curve 8320 is supposed to be the best phone T-Mobile has, still a better choice than the G1. The Pearl and Shadow with their SureType keyboards are not for me. There was nowhere else to go with TMO handset-wise but down.

I really wanted to like the darn thing, but three strikes and RIM is Out.
    Last edited by CeluGeek; 11-04-08 at 03:33 PM.
    11-04-08 03:29 PM
    I'd feel so dirty after I used a windoze phone.

11-04-08 04:06 PM
    Yes.....I tend to walk away or go smoke- that seems to help lol.

And BTW- I love your sig
    I live and breath by that sig in real life.

You have to be being in southern california.. =P

I cant claim credit for it though..I saw it in a check cashing place once when I needed to cash a check real quick..the true quote was "Your lack of planning, isn't my emergency".. people love to make excuses for their lack of planning. =/
    Last edited by sniffs; 11-04-08 at 05:59 PM.
    11-04-08 05:57 PM

"Dirty" like you molested a man? or you just wollowed in the mud?
    11-04-08 06:00 PM

I know. GSM+3G for more than 2 years now. A Registry that can be hacked 'til you drop and reboots that don't take 3 minutes. It's an outrage!
    11-04-08 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD