04-21-21 02:53 PM
658 ... 252627
tools
    Is TCL still doing warranty claims on BlackBerry Mobile devices?
    10-28-20 09:13 PM
    Is TCL still doing warranty claims on BlackBerry Mobile devices?
    Technically, yes.

As in, if you bought one from an official retailer within the last 12 months, they'll probably service it under warranty of something were to happen.
    10-28-20 09:30 PM
    no one can compare BB to other devices. What a pity, not enough users
    12-08-20 01:02 PM
    no one can compare BB to other devices. What a pity, not enough users
    What a pity they couldn't make devices that could compare to others.... TCL's devices required the user to "pay" a premium to own a BlackBerry. Both in upfront cost and sacrificing of quality... so so camera, so so processors, so so display, so so sound...

And that goes back almost a decade of not delivering product that could compare will with the market.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-09-20 10:21 AM
    What a pity they couldn't make devices that could compare to others.... TCL's devices required the user to "pay" a premium to own a BlackBerry. Both in upfront cost and sacrificing of quality... so so camera, so so processors, so so display, so so sound...

And that goes back almost a decade of not delivering product that could compare will with the market.
    TCL was not all bad with as you seem to state...How was your KEY2 experience? what issues did you have with yours? Did you ever try the Motion a great all Glass first ever waterproof BlackBerry? I remember using it in the shower! Worked great.

I have 2 KEY2's Silver and Red Edition and must say ...Camera for everyday use perfect, processor no issues at all, battery life great, display crystal clear, keyboard fantastic and even better on KEY2 Red. Rockin my KEY2Ks now and perfect. More than enough power / capability to wait for next OM device 2021.
    Paulelmar18 and RCJ28 like this.
    12-09-20 05:26 PM
    Regardless of what everyone thinks of TCL, good or bad, I find interesting that both LG and TCL moving into rollable devices.

This is from Android Central today.....

https://www.androidcentral.com/i-can...ne-soon-enough
    04-21-21 02:14 PM
    Regardless of what everyone thinks of TCL, good or bad, I find interesting that both LG and TCL moving into rollable devices.

This is from Android Central today.....

https://www.androidcentral.com/i-can...ne-soon-enough
    Yeah TCL been showing their me too concepts for foldable going back to when Huawei and Samsung first showed their prototypes. Is a neat concept to combine both the FOLD and the ROLL to offer a real tablet resolution.

I do think it will be great when the technology is durable enough and cheap enough for a $1000 device.... and from someone with a track record of offering updates and patches.

But I think what TCL wants is someone to buy their display's and build something.... smartphone, kiosks, car. I think they want to be as big as Samsung and LG as a display supplier.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-21-21 02:48 PM
    Yeah TCL been showing their me too concepts for foldable going back to when Huawei and Samsung first showed their porotypes. Is a neat concept to combine both the FOLD and the ROLL to offer a real tablet resolution.

I do think it will be great when the technology is durable enough and cheap enough for a $1000 device.... and from someone with a track record of offering updates and patches.

But I think what TCL wants is someone to buy their display's and build something.... smartphone, kiosks, car. I think they want to be as big as Samsung and LG as a display supplier.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I meant to explain my comment more but got sidetracked. TCL seems to be emulating the same business model and with LG exiting the mobile space, validates exactly what you’re saying. TCL has legally structured mobile business into TCT and sold off part of that business transferring risk. Either way, it demonstrates where the future of the industry continues to move, unfortunately for device OEMs lacking alternative revenue streams and deep pockets.
    04-21-21 02:53 PM
658 ... 252627