Flash would be an awesome addition for us.

It's no surprise that Apple is off the radar on this. Adobe and Steve Jobs have never had any love for each other. This is bad blood that goes way back before smart phones were even around.
    10-08-09 09:20 PM
    so, back to slow browsing huh? lol

I'd be more impressed if Bolt or Opera gained flash. They are atleast fast, esp over Wifi.
    10-08-09 10:49 PM
    Been waiting for flash since I upped to the data plan, lol. I guess i can wait some more...
    10-09-09 03:00 AM
    Will this enable devices on EDGE networks to stream youtube videos. As of right now only EV-DO can stream youtube videos.
    I've streamed youtube on EDGE before. Why would only CDMA carriers be able to do youtube streaming?
    10-10-09 01:03 AM
    pretty exciting
    10-10-09 03:37 AM
    The thing I see as the biggest problem with all this is what others have mentioned, and that is whether or not the flash player will be run by the blackberry or through the outside source that provides it. Which is why I am inclined to think that the skyfire browser will work more efficiently than releasing a flash player for blackberry browser. I really think that there needs to be a new browser in addition to the flash player, in order for optimum performance. Maybe not, the real problem with skyfire is when it will be released

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 02:40 PM
    First for those of you who want to know what flash will really do it will cange the face of the mobile browser the ability to goto web sites that require flash like my beloved movie site and then there are the apps the real apps that that can make you phone perform like well a laptop or if you have a really good smartphone and a good unlimited plan you basically have noneed of a desk or laptop you can not only use you phone as a modem but with adobe flash ooohhhh booooyyeeeee you can forget about comcast and at/t you'll be able to do everything the big computers can do and not get fired from work ok?lol see those of us who know how to do most this with out flash well.....that will make us just rediculous with it MAN I CAN NOT WAIT hahaha this will change everything you've ever known about mobile web surfing!!!! Thank you GOD!!!!! Thank you BB Thank You Sprint for having 4g and when this comes out its should be upgrade time but if not ill still buy a new phone just too upgrade to adobe and that is how big and important this move is and they know it!!!!

10-30-09 10:57 PM
    **** yeah! Finally!
    10-30-09 11:04 PM
    Hey dig what your saying felkikid but don't worry about the browser these guys and gals at rim are no dummies they know the current browser can't handle adobe that's why its going to be so sweet it will be a whole new experience its the difference between google maps vs google earth with partial street view but/w flash you'll have google earth withfull street view with layers there will be no limits I predict this will be the beginning of true A.I technology like I said the apps just think of the kind of apps that can be ran with flash no more pop ups "page too big for screen" imagine the bolt browser vs bb browser see how different the pages look that's why thre will be a new browser now imagine how the bolt browser would be with flash and ta daaa!!!!!!! Genius simply put just genius

10-30-09 11:23 PM
    Any chance it might help us use punctuation?
    10-30-09 11:36 PM
    Will bring the BB to a whole other level of smart phone!
    10-30-09 11:48 PM
    This is gonna be awesome! I hope it doesn't drain the battery juice
    10-31-09 10:58 AM
    it is about time
    10-31-09 10:12 PM
    ill believe it when i see it...
    11-02-09 09:49 AM
    Yay. But I hope RIM develops that WebKit browser sooner than later to go along with Adobes offerings.
    11-02-09 10:11 AM
    It'll be interesting to see how it fairs. I've never seen a mobile implementation of the Flash player before (which of the mobile platforms currently have Flash?), but I suspect that it'll be more than a bit clunky.

Fingers crossed though.
    Last edited by ModestWorker; 11-04-09 at 03:50 PM.
    11-04-09 03:48 PM
    It'll be interesting to see how it fairs. I've never seen a mobile implementation of the Flash player before (which of the mobile platforms currently have Flash?), but I suspect that it'll be more than a bit clunky.

Fingers crossed though.
    It works pretty well on the Hero from what I've seen.
    11-04-09 05:29 PM
    If u look at the specs on the 9700 , video capability , it says that its Flash Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-05-09 07:44 PM
    While were on the topic of flash. Why haven't we heard anything about how Skyfire is doing in their beta testing? Geez. I can hardly wait for the release of it.
    11-05-09 08:14 PM
    Flash is always good, that may mean you can get websites to no missing ads...lol, Although I think RIM needs to get a much better Browser, to stay competitive with the rest of the smartphone giants...
    11-08-09 09:27 AM
    If u look at the specs on the 9700 , video capability , it says that its Flash Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well then whatever site you read it on is misinformed.
    11-08-09 10:41 AM
    Woohoo flash, damn no 3G on the curve

EDIT:

Skyfire! Just was reading the last few posts. i cannot wait for that to hit Blackberry. it looks amazing!
    11-08-09 12:05 PM
    It's about time!
    11-09-09 12:12 AM
    Yes...can't wait.
    11-09-09 10:45 AM
    If it happens it will most certainly suck on Blackberry devices.
    They can barely stream video.
    11-09-09 12:37 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD