If it happens it will most certainly suck on Blackberry devices.
    They can barely stream video.
    Tisk tisk tisk. Such negativity. You need a happy pill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 01:25 PM
    I just hope it's a standalone player...
    11-09-09 01:29 PM
    Tisk tisk tisk. Such negativity. You need a happy pill.

You really think the devices they make can handle FLASH?
    11-09-09 01:30 PM
    Depends. The Nokia 5800 had flash support and the latest rim devices are easily better than the 5800 and n97.

Now flash + multitasking, that's something different...
    11-09-09 01:33 PM
    I'm hoping so.
    Of course, they might make a NEW device that can, just so we go buy that one too.

Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 11-09-09 at 02:05 PM.
    11-09-09 02:03 PM
    I'm hoping so.
    Of course, they might make a NEW device that can, just so we go buy that one too.

Until RIM allows data to flow without having to go through their own servers Flash and all this other web development for the browser on BB will be mute. What good is developing all this if it's just gonna bog down data when everyone tries to use their NEW browser? BB's are great great business orientated devices... just not great consumer devices.
    11-09-09 03:35 PM
    I am so psyched!!
    11-09-09 03:58 PM
    The Adobe demo of flash on the 9700 was impressive. I can't wait for flash support on the other devices...
    11-10-09 10:48 AM
    other web development for the browser on BB will be mute
    Moot. Will be moot.
    11-10-09 12:04 PM
    will this be included in the new OS update?
    11-11-09 01:30 PM
    I can't wait!
    11-11-09 02:12 PM
    Until RIM allows data to flow without having to go through their own servers Flash and all this other web development for the browser on BB will be mute. What good is developing all this if it's just gonna bog down data when everyone tries to use their NEW browser? BB's are great great business orientated devices... just not great consumer devices.
    Why is all your data going through RIM servers? I have PodTrapper for all my podcasts and vodcasts, it allows me to disable ever connecting to RIM in the settings and do all my downloads from Verizon. I agree with you that when I allow both RIM and Verizon to connect, a RIM connection is a mere trickle at about 30-48kbs and Verizon regularly sends me 128-200kps without dropouts. So I told it to block RIM. Easy enough. When I use Opera Mini 5 as my browser it bypasses RIM. There are plenty of ways and apps out there to avoid RIM's server limitations.

I do share your trepidation that when Flash is enabled it will be with a RIM provided browser that will direct traffic through their network which could be less than satisfactory. Hopefully they understand that once they open the floodgates on the dam they'd damned well better have the pipelines to carry the flood.
    11-12-09 04:49 AM
    RIM servers handle many petabytes of data PER MONTH. They have tens of millions of devices running 24/7 and hundreds of thousands of servers accessing their network all day every day. Their infrastructure surely can handle this. That being said, Flash server side is already done (Skyfire anyone?), this will be more of a device side implementation. I have been saying for well over a year that full flash (NOT Flash Lite) will be coming to BlackBerry devices. Look at the Open GL on the Storm2. How many people would have said a BB would be capable of that?
    11-12-09 04:56 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD