10-04-09 10:09 PM
    cool can't wait thx for info
    10-04-09 10:22 PM
    Thanks for the info. Next Q is when are we going to see this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 11:27 PM
    At first I was excited. Then reality kicked in. Save the excitement for another day, because unless the heavy lifting (rendering) is done on outside servers like how Opera does it, there is NO WAY IN (hot place where bad people go) the blackberry as is could do this.

This IS good news, but for the future, with a better device, and a web kit browser maybe.

Still, it's about freakin time!
    10-04-09 11:29 PM
    HEL L yes about time flash comes to mobile devices.
    10-04-09 11:37 PM
    This would be a major step in the right direction.

10-04-09 11:47 PM
    With this announcement, 19 out of the top 20 mobile handset manufacturers are now collaborating with Adobe to integrate Flash technology into their devices.
    [Source]
    10-05-09 02:30 AM
    Sounds like it'll be available really, really soon...

As long as it works...
    10-05-09 02:47 AM
    Yeah awesome finally

10-05-09 03:33 AM
    Don't we need a good native browser first?
    10-05-09 04:22 AM
    Don't we need a good native browser first?
    They're working on that too. That's why RIM bought Torch Mobile, remember?
    10-05-09 04:31 AM
    I've just bought a 8900. What will this mean to me? What will it change that I can't do already?

Thanks.
    10-05-09 05:42 AM
    I've just bought a 8900. What will this mean to me? What will it change that I can't do already?

Thanks.
    You will be able to access web sites that require flash (such as Youtube for example)

This is defenitly a step forward...
    10-05-09 05:49 AM
    Step Forward Yes. But again this is rim taking a step not a network. flash along with video and images require a lot of bandwidth to stream or download. So yeah this is a step in the right direction this is no giant leap for mobile browsing...
    10-05-09 07:09 AM
    Will this work only on future devices or will current ones such as the Tour (and soon to be Storm 2) just need a firmware/OS update?
    10-05-09 07:15 AM
    Think it's possible we'll see this on the official 5.0 release?
    10-05-09 07:45 AM
    I would think that some models will be limited due to memory capacity, hopefully ALL the new models coming out will be hardware ready to handle this.
    As Verizon begins it's roll out of LTE and other networks also roll out either LTE or HSPA, then we will definately have enough bandwidth to handle it. But look at this way Laptops can already view full pages with flash and other power sucking plugins.
    Sounds great to me!
    Did anyone notice in that article that Apple was the only one that wasn't on the list?
    Soon we will have a better browser, with flash and youtube video and...... Anyone else excited for the Blackberry future?
    10-05-09 07:59 AM
    Let's hope so.

10-05-09 08:00 AM
    I would think that some models will be limited due to memory capacity, hopefully ALL the new models coming out will be hardware ready to handle this.
    As Verizon begins it's roll out of LTE and other networks also roll out either LTE or HSPA, then we will definately have enough bandwidth to handle it. But look at this way Laptops can already view full pages with flash and other power sucking plugins.
    Sounds great to me!
    Did anyone notice in that article that Apple was the only one that wasn't on the list?
    Soon we will have a better browser, with flash and youtube video and...... Anyone else excited for the Blackberry future?
    Agree with a lot of this but yet again the control falls in the networks not the device. If every provider allows every new handset with wifi to actually use wifi then yes this will work. I was pretty sure i read an article saying that a large group was pushing to remove providers rights to charge for wifi because trust me they will attempt to charge you for use of wifi.

as to why apple doesn't want to be in this is because they feel that the use of flash on the iphone will drop their "amazing" catalog of apps in the app store. Which i dont see how they can justify just denying flash because of that flash is powerful but alot of people will still use their apps because the app is made for the phone no need for a possible wonky browsing experience
    10-05-09 08:22 AM
    With RIM not being the only one to join the Open Screen Project, the mobile browser market will be heating up for upcoming devices. Currently 19 out of 20 of the top mobile device manufacturers have signed on to assist with the advancement. 19 out of 20? Anyone wanna pose a guess as to who has not signed on?
    who has not signed on ?
    10-05-09 08:38 AM
    Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Comes to Smartphones - PC World

2010 for RIM devices

Oh...and Apple was left out.
    10-05-09 08:49 AM
    who has not signed on ?
    See post #17. just up from here.
    10-05-09 08:57 AM
    Agree with a lot of this but yet again the control falls in the networks not the device. If every provider allows every new handset with wifi to actually use wifi then yes this will work. I was pretty sure i read an article saying that a large group was pushing to remove providers rights to charge for wifi because trust me they will attempt to charge you for use of wifi.

as to why apple doesn't want to be in this is because they feel that the use of flash on the iphone will drop their "amazing" catalog of apps in the app store. Which i dont see how they can justify just denying flash because of that flash is powerful but alot of people will still use their apps because the app is made for the phone no need for a possible wonky browsing experience
    I think the only time that a provider will charge for Wifi is when you can actually make a call over the Wifi. If it is just for data then I believe they don't charge for it.
    This may very well be a horrible mistake for Apple, and a major opportunity for Android and Blackberry to pull ahead.
    Someone in the Odin forum commented to watch out for Android since this is looking like a real driven competitor. It's still in it's infancy, but I think they had a very good point.
    10-05-09 09:02 AM
    It will be a software update and/or possible standalone program download. Being able to download and play FLV and swf files in a standalone would be great, there are plenty of flash games that would be great on a BB.
    10-05-09 10:18 AM
    This is great news. thanks for the article bro!
    10-05-09 10:38 AM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD