After reading so many threads, it seems some members on here feel that some of these posts are giving Blackberry a negative image. After all this is a help forum, and people, more often then not are going to post their issues while many of us enjoy our BB's. No phone is immune from problems, and rest assured droids and the i phone have just as many issues, should any potential buyers check out the other forums. I recently saw this on macforums as an example
    "hello, i have a problem with my 32gb iphone 4, it suddenly shuts down itself while talking, it does not happen every time, sometimes it shuts down and then you should turn it on yourself, any ideas? I guess I am doing this to show everyone that every phone company has a problem, but does not mean that each phone they produce will give its customer a problem. Lovin my Blackberry.
    01-04-12 04:59 PM
    not every phone, but every manufacturer does has bad apples in a production run. my last 4 phones have been pretty much trouble free. 2 motorolas and 2 blackberries.
    01-04-12 05:08 PM
    I think it needs to be stated this is a public forum, not necessarily a 'help' forum. In a test tube, sure, it could be that.

That's why there are different threads, topics and opinions and we all seem to enjoy that.

All brands have ups and downs. You are totally right. Right now RIM is in the 'down' cycle.
    01-04-12 05:08 PM
    I recently saw this on macforums as an example
    "hello, i have a problem with my 32gb iphone 4, it suddenly shuts down itself while talking, it does not happen every time, sometimes it shuts down and then you should turn it on yourself, any ideas?"
    A defective iPhone?!?!? RIM FTW!!!
    01-04-12 05:12 PM
    Yes all phones have lemons in production, and few people come to forums to say how trouble free their phones are, but when people have problems this is the first place they run. So of course the negative posts far out number the positive posts, but this is no way reflects the reality of the general BB owners population. Or any other phone for that matter.

CS
    01-04-12 05:19 PM
    Exactly, i'm sure if people visit this forum then they would visit an i phone forum, "Mac forum," and see just as many problems. Only time I have had issues with my BB is when I installed a buggy app.
    01-04-12 05:32 PM
    To post about a problematic device and how it could be causing its user some grief is one thing, totally different from what has been cropping up along with those.

Example 1: My device won't do what it's supposed to, it sucks and I'm upset - what is-are my solutions?

Example 2: My device sucks therefore the entire model line sucks, the company will be out of business tomorrow and anyone buying from them is a moron.

Example 3: I don't have ______ device but it has to suck because I get enjoyment out of pronouncing them as junk along with the manufacturer.
    01-04-12 06:35 PM
    To post about a problematic device and how it could be causing its user some grief is one thing, totally different from what has been cropping up along with those.

Example 1: My device won't do what it's supposed to, it sucks and I'm upset - what is-are my solutions?

Example 2: My device sucks therefore the entire model line sucks, the company will be out of business tomorrow and anyone buying from them is a moron.

Example 3: I don't have ______ device but it has to suck because I get enjoyment out of pronouncing them as junk along with the manufacturer.
    If that was the case then every device would suck. I agree, people also need to choose the proper post titles. A lot of the times theire problems are simple fixes, and or they didn't spend enough time learning about their device....
    Last edited by Tank1978; 01-04-12 at 07:54 PM.
    01-04-12 07:11 PM
    If that was the case then every device would suck. I agree, people also need to choose the proper post titles. A lot of the times there problems are simple fixes, and or they didn't spend enough time learning about their device....
    I agree with you on the post titles, they're a font for negativity by themselves; although some do get edited here and there. However - there is no such thing as user error. And simple fixes? Bah.

I don't really vist forums of other platforms as I don't have nor use anything other than my BlackBerry, therefore I'd merely be theorizing and guessing were I to contribute; and from my experiences on CB I know that some users don't know what they're doing and yet post anyway - without knowledge of a device I can't be certain what I'd be reading is correct. For that matter this doesn't mean that I don't believe your OP, it stands to reason users of all devices run into problems and that if a forum exists for any such devices it will contain complaints and negativity. Unless there's censorship, of course.
    01-04-12 07:30 PM

Yep!

Example 4: Manufacturer ____ released ___ on this date and it flopped, ___ on this date and it flopped, ____ on this date and it flopped, ___ on this date and it flopped, made this outrageously arrogant statement ____ and this one ____ and this one ____ and this one ____ and this one ____, missed these earnings estimates ____ and these earnings estimates ____ and these revised earnings estimates ____, stopped reporting ARPU, stock price plummeted ____ in one year, told everyone they were betting the farm on ____ shipping in ____ then said it won't ship until ____, has ___ CEOs when every successful company has ___, released professional grade _____ on this date at $____ then tried $____ then tried $____ then tried $____ then tried $____ which is well below cost...

Well, anyway... this stuff just crops up!!!
    01-04-12 07:36 PM
    I get more customers come in with defective Androids
    then anything else it seems way too common for Androids
    to Power cycle doesn't matter what company makes it.
    Second iPhone and 3rd blackberry's.
    My ex girl works at an Apple store and she tells me its crazy how many
    defective units they get a day.
    one nice thing Apple is doing is they are Replacing your phone as
    a one time courtesy even if it has water damage or crack screen.
    not bad
    01-04-12 08:37 PM
    It's not just smartphones either. Name any product, and there are bound to be people who got a lemon. Nothing is 100% flawless. Quality control inspection protocols allow a certain standard deviation. That is the case for anything.
    01-05-12 12:12 AM
    What do you do when you buy an actual lemon and it is bad? What do you call it then?
    01-05-12 10:11 AM
    What do you do when you buy an actual lemon and it is bad? What do you call it then?
    Call it a lemon then exchange it.
    01-05-12 11:54 AM
    Whatever is the case, there have been some serious flaws in BB software of late. Over the last several months, the updated to BB Desktop app has become a complete mess and the most popular apps such as Facebook and even BBM are starting to become less and less operational.... I have been a strong supporter of the brand and work in a business setting where nearly everyone once was a BB user. Now the issues with BB in our office are becoming more and more prevalent. VOC (Voice of Customer) is getting louder and hopefully RIM has someone left listening.
    01-05-12 04:58 PM
    Call it a lemon then exchange it.
    Yeah, I meant a real, live, actual, you can eat it lemon.

Nevermind....
    01-06-12 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD