I'm believing this was all it was. Good news, yes, but not huge.

Edit...forgot link via danprown..BlackBerry Supports Bluetooth Smart Ready to Drive M2M Application Development - Yahoo! Finance
    07-22-13 09:31 AM
    Everything BBRY is hyperbole
    schmeat likes this.
    07-22-13 09:37 AM
    Nothing gaming="Huge"!!
    07-22-13 09:38 AM
    Oh God I wish in could forget that commercial. Hah. Can't anyone delete it off the internet.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    07-22-13 09:46 AM
    Not this stuff again. Prepare to be underwhelmed.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    07-22-13 09:48 AM
    Nothing gaming="Huge"!!
    I feel the same. It seems to be a game related announcement, based on the origin of the tweet (maybe even one of the announcements already mentioned in this thread). For the head of the gaming dept., in HIS world, it might seem huge. For me, nothing relating to gaming (that I can possibly imagine) would I consider huge. But, if there is something big that will appeal to the gaming community on BB, I'm happy for them. It's also good for BlackBerry to advance on ANY front possible.
    ESCON and mujahid 10 like this.
    07-22-13 09:49 AM

Edit...forgot link via danprown..BlackBerry Supports Bluetooth Smart Ready to Drive M2M Application Development - Yahoo! Finance
    Now this is worth having, the personal fitness market alone is huge.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:01 AM
    Yeah the 'within 5 years these gaming kids will start to make their own purchasing decisions' method.
    07-22-13 10:01 AM
    Here

Golf=passion
    07-22-13 10:06 AM
    My money is on the unity thing. Would be huge if developers making games primarily for iOS or Android could simply just use the exact same game and bring it to BlackBerry effortlessly. Would definitely boost the number of games.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:06 AM
    Here
    "Its a HUGE day for BlackBerry today!!!!" - Anders Jeppsson, head of gaming-img_00000527.png

Golf=passion
    07-22-13 10:07 AM
    ...and there it is, the thud of disappointment hitting the ground with the release of the "huge" announcement. While the updated Unity engine is great for gaming and a potential (if not limited) boost for BlackBerry, it's not where BlackBerry needs the most help, if you ask me. I would like to see a major boost to apps other than games. Banking apps sure could use a boost, for example.

I can almost sense the "tools not toys" crowd crying in their Wall Street Journals.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-22-13 10:08 AM
    ...and there it is, the thud of disappointment hitting the ground with the release of the "huge" announcement.
    How is that? Because a bunch of people on here speculated that it was Nintendo or Sony? He said is a was a big day....and for the head of gaming, it is.
    Funny how people make up their own expectations and when they aren't met, go back and say blackberry let us down.

Posted via Z10
    07-22-13 10:11 AM
    "Its a HUGE day for BlackBerry today!!!!" - Anders Jeppsson, head of gaming-img_00000528.png

Golf=passion
    07-22-13 10:12 AM
    Big day for someone in charge of BlackBerry gaming!

For the rest of us...

Considering the source this is good news and another step in the right direction.
    07-22-13 10:14 AM
    How is that? Because a bunch of people on here speculated that it was Nintendo or Sony? He said is a was a big day....and for the head of gaming, it is.
    Funny how people make up their own expectations and when they aren't met, go back and say blackberry let us down.

Posted via Z10
    Perhaps, in these fragile times, he should have been a little more careful with his choice of wording...

Good for the gaming fraternity, not HUGE for BBRY...
    07-22-13 10:15 AM
    How is that?
    Perhaps because BlackBerry needs help moving forward in areas other than gaming. Beyond that, just because the latest release of Unity supports BB10, that doesn't mean that developers will care or port their games onto new BlackBerry devices. People need to be careful with this announcement to avoid putting the cart before the horse.

A news article on something announced back in May?
    I think it might just end up being that Unity news I just read about.
    07-22-13 10:17 AM
    Perhaps because BlackBerry needs help moving forward in areas other than gaming.
    Yes I realize that and agree with you....but the tweet came from the head of gaming.

Posted via Z10
    07-22-13 10:18 AM
    Big day for someone in charge of BlackBerry gaming!

For the rest of us...

Considering the source this is good news and another step in the right direction.
    U guys... what do u want really? just be patient BlackBerry will make it better and then we will complain about something else

Golf=passion
    ray689 likes this.
    07-22-13 10:20 AM
    ...but the tweet came from the head of gaming.
    Yep... I'm aware. It's interesting, however, how people's expectations began to swell in this thread alone, branching off into dreams of a Playbook OS update, Bluetooth Smart Ready support, etc.
    ray689 likes this.
    07-22-13 10:20 AM
    Perhaps because BlackBerry needs help moving forward in areas other than gaming.
    And what ground breaking news where you expecting the Head of Gaming to deliver to you?? This is big news for people interested in gaming.

Seriously, some people on this forum can be big babies at times.
    07-22-13 10:21 AM
    And what ground breaking news where you expecting the Head of Gaming to deliver to you?? This is big news for people interested in gaming.
    Oh for the love of God... I'm not disappointed because I don't have high expectations for anything BlackBerry at this point. I'm also very aware that the "news" came from the head of gaming. What I was doing, however, was offering a synopsis of what others are going to feel.
    07-22-13 10:23 AM
    The A10 is HUGE, announcement maybe?
    07-22-13 10:25 AM
153 1234 ...