Long story short, last time I had a blackberry was in the Storm days and having to put a business card in between the battery cover and the battery itself. So long time ago... Since then I have been switching back and forth between Android, iOS and even the latest window phones. Unsatisfied with what either platform has to offer I am going back to a blackberry. I have chosen the Blackberry Classic. I have read up and understand the limitations blackberry has. I mainly want a good communications phone, with great battery and great one handed use. I believe the classic is something that will excel with what I want out of a phone.

Well with that said I would like to know upon first boot and all the apps that are loaded on the new blackberries if any of the apps that are factory loaded come from third party sources (amazon app store, google play) I am wanting to go all native with my BB10 experience. Speaking of being native last time I used gmail to sync and everything went smoothly. Is google still a good option for email sync with BB10? Or is there a better (or native) option now? Does blackberry have a native cloud based sync like what gmail, and icloud is to google and iOS? Are there any big changes (besides gestures) that BB10 does now? (background stuff)

If you have read this far then you understand me a little bit, I am a big fan and supporter of using native software. I was like this on iOS and Android. The reasoning for all this is that I would love to love a blackberry again, and I would like to give it the same equal chance that I gave the other competitors.

I've always told my friends, "Blackberry has my heart, let's see if it can take my money." Any comments and answers are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    05-22-15 08:20 AM
    I have the Classic (also own the Q10 and Z10) and love it. The PKB, screen, build and heft of the device is wonderful. Most of my apps are native. Only non native apps that I use are my banking app and Netflix, Kindle which I hardly use. I have access to tablets/laptops for those.

I use Gmail and sync my contacts and calendar to Google. I enjoy the Hub, use Blend occasionally. Love the camera, and music player. Double typing is a real issue. I find that it happens when I type too fast and always with my right thumb. So it might be user issue.

Enjoy ur Classic and hope u appreciate OS10 like many of us do.

Posted via CB10
    I have the Classic (also own the Q10 and Z10) and love it. The PKB, screen, build and heft of the device is wonderful. Most of my apps are native. Only non native apps that I use are my banking app and Netflix, Kindle which I hardly use. I have access to tablets/laptops for those.

I use Gmail and sync my contacts and calendar to Google. I enjoy the Hub, use Blend occasionally. Love the camera, and music player. Double typing is a real issue. I find that it happens when I type too fast and always with my right thumb. So it might be user issue.

Enjoy ur Classic and hope u appreciate OS10 like many of us do.

Posted via CB10
    riggsmagic likes this.
    05-22-15 03:21 PM
    You will love the efficiency of BB10, the hub and keyboard. Hands down blackberry is the best messaging device. Android and iOS doesn't even come close.

Posted via CB10
    riggsmagic likes this.
    05-22-15 05:21 PM
    BB doesn't have its own cloud services (email, storage, etc.) but of course it works with most third-party services.

Be aware that many of the apps in BB World are ported (by the developer) Android apps, so just because it's in BB World doesn't mean it is native (i.e., written in Cascades). But those apps tend to still run well, as they have been tested by the developer to some degree or other.
    riggsmagic likes this.
    05-22-15 08:06 PM
    Awesome thanks everyone. I am really enjoying BB10. The BlackBerry hub is unmatched still to this day after all these years the silly notification tray that android and iOS has doesn't even come close. I am enjoying the interface. Switching and gesturing between and in apps is awesome. And gawd the shortcut keys on the keyboard. It's been awhile but I can say without a doubt my love for BlackBerry has been re ignited. It seems like window phones, android and iOS are all going the same way. But at least with BlackBerry their putting productivity first. And that's something I want. All day battery life, one handed use, and excellent messaging system. This phone and the os is truly underrated.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 05:01 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more it's a shame that BlackBerry doesn't get more recognition for their great devices and software

Sent via the best phone ever the passport
    riggsmagic likes this.
    05-23-15 09:20 PM
    Awesome thanks everyone. I am really enjoying BB10. The BlackBerry hub is unmatched still to this day after all these years the silly notification tray that android and iOS has doesn't even come close. I am enjoying the interface. Switching and gesturing between and in apps is awesome. And gawd the shortcut keys on the keyboard. It's been awhile but I can say without a doubt my love for BlackBerry has been re ignited. It seems like window phones, android and iOS are all going the same way. But at least with BlackBerry their putting productivity first. And that's something I want. All day battery life, one handed use, and excellent messaging system. This phone and the os is truly underrated.

Posted via CB10
    My MIL had the Samsung Smiley for years. During her visit, we offered her the Z10 or the Samsung Galaxy S2 as her first smartphone. She has an Android tablet. She used each phone for a week and last night asked me to switch her SIM card back to the Z10. She liked the Hub, notification LED, keyboard, clean UI and the call logs. Simple. She also finds the camera easy to use. We thought she would prefer the S2 since she has had her tablet for three years now.

Posted via CB10
    riggsmagic likes this.
    05-23-15 10:20 PM