I read this article yesterday and I tried to look for an english version, but no luck.
    Apparently the Italian Mafia is using BBs to communicate with Mexican Drug cartels since messages cannot intercepted.

Mafia italiana habla con cártel del Golfo por Blackberry - El Universal - México
    02-20-09 10:07 AM
    I ran it thru Yahoo Babelfish

Yahoo! Babel Fish - Text Translation and Web Page Translation

Italian Mafia speech with cartel of the Gulf by Blackberry
    Nicola Gratteri, solicitor of the Italian city of Reggio-Calabria, indicated that the Calabrian Mafia is in contact with the enemy with the Mexican narcotics detectives by this means because it is difficult to intercept Members of the Ndrangheta, the Calabrian Mafia, were detected in communication with Mexican narcotics traffickers through Blackberry equipment, today confirmed the solicitor of the Italian city of Reggio-Calabria, Nicola Gratteri.

“Ndranghetistas used mass media (Blackberry) that normally are difficult to intercept”, said Gratteri after presenting/displaying in Rome the Brother edition of its book “of blood”, on the Calabrian Mafia, written altogether with the expert Antonio Nicaso.

That information was presented during the presentation of the book by Nicaso, although according to the solicitor “it was not the case of speaking of it, because it is not necessary to give suggestions to the Mafia”.

Gratteri declined to give to majors information on the relations between the Ndrangheta and the Mexican cartel of the Gulf, confirmed in September last with the operation “Will pave”, that took to tens of arrests in Italy and the United States.
    vsg
    02-20-09 02:09 PM
    <Don Corleone> I will send you a text you can't refuse </Don Corleone>
    02-20-09 02:14 PM
    ha i love this, not the first time Ive heard bbm is a safe way to comminicate
    02-20-09 02:19 PM
    ahaha great!

we're not only pasta pizza and mandolino!!!
    You know, italians do it better
    02-20-09 04:03 PM
    It's the truth.
    02-20-09 04:48 PM
    But According to Madonna, "Kabbalist's Do It Better" !

But I guess she really Meant to say Italian Kabbalist's Do it Better...

Since She IS Italian, AND a Kabbalist...

Hehehehe

02-20-09 05:08 PM
    Lol that is funny.
    02-20-09 10:58 PM
    Good story...
    02-20-09 11:01 PM
    heard about this a few years ago... interesting!
    02-20-09 11:44 PM
    They are not that secure. For the average user they are safe but if someone wants to hear or track you EX: FBI CIA they are going to be able to know anything and everything to do with the BB.

If they were not able to be compromised Then our president would have one.
    a.k.a they are vulnerable.

They probably use blackberries for the same reason we do. because you can do anything anywhere and the are cool. hahaha
    02-21-09 12:10 AM
    Uhhh....I think our president does have one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD