Hi everyone. I am new to Blackberry, I got my first BB in the beginning of January. In the month and a half that I've used BBs there have been several issues with global or regional outages of BIS. Is this something that happens regularly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:04 AM
    There has been a lot of maintainance going on is what I've been reading. Apparently, with the increased demand, it would be a good idea to get things set up to handle it.

02-16-09 02:58 AM
    The last major outage was a year ago around the same time. I wouldn't say this happens often, but it would be good for RIM to inform users of upgrades so that people can prepare for a downtime of BIS.
    02-16-09 03:25 AM
    It's more reliable than my cable!
    02-16-09 05:54 AM
    Advance warning of scheduled shutdowns would be nice.

02-16-09 06:10 AM
    While as frustrating as it was for me as well as the rest of the bb community when the outage happened, if it's gonna improve the network to accomadate all of us then I'm all for it. I won't feel jaded because RIM is making an attempt to make things better even if they don't notify me when it's gonna happen.
    02-16-09 06:46 AM
    I have had my BB going on 6 months and this is the first real outage that I have had to deal with. I would say that they have a pretty dependable track record.

02-16-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD