03-10-15 11:48 AM
    Fascinating!

I just take it as a given that there are no truly secure digital communications. That sucks, but it's just the way it is.

The best we can hope for is security from everybody but CIA, NSA, GCHQ, and the like. If Apple is always working to screw these guys, then good on them. I'll continue buying their products. (Accept that silly watch.)
    03-10-15 02:29 PM
    News at 11. This isn't new revelations, no?

To me, I'm more concerned when the OS is thoroughly hacked without Apple's help. I'd rather they legally assisted, so that a partially unknown flaw isn't targeted by foreign bad actors for years and years.

Apple HAS to know their hardware is going to get reversed and the GID key discovered on day 1 in some lab with a SEM. Unique per cpu, and its not feasible. Do it once and get access to many/all, nice return on a week in a sweet lab.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 03:39 PM
    Fascinating!

I just take it as a given that there are no truly secure digital communications. That sucks, but it's just the way it is.

The best we can hope for is security from everybody but CIA, NSA, GCHQ, and the like. If Apple is always working to screw these guys, then good on them. I'll continue buying their products. (Accept that silly watch.)
    Buy one... ;-)

(the one you really want is only $17, ahem K)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-10-15 04:11 PM
    Thanks for sharing.

We're asked to put a few own thoughts with the links, spices things up a bit ! (and it's in the forum rules, blah.

edit:
    One GCHQ slide from 2010 stated that the agency�s ultimate goal was to be able to �Exploit any phone, anywhere, any time.�

British Prime Minister David Cameron has suggested that if he is re-elected, he may seek to ban encrypted chat programs that do not provide backdoor access to law enforcement. �Are we going to allow a means of communications which it simply isn�t possible to read?� Cameron said in a speech in England earlier this year. �My answer to that question is: �No, we must not.��

So, Mr Cameron, please hand in your secure BlackBerry this afternoon after work. Thank you...

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 03-10-15 at 04:45 PM.
    03-10-15 04:21 PM
    or maybe all that talk is just to make us believe that Apple is secure while it is not...Another word "A Game Play"
    03-11-15 12:11 AM
    The main secret that every corporation wants to steal from Apple is how a company can be so popular and yet overprice every single one of their products. Their customers get fleeced and yet keep lining up for more of the same. Must be some sado masochistic thing going on.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 07:07 AM
    Long read!
    Thanks a million!!
    03-11-15 07:27 AM