I have the chance to sport a test unit of the Classic for a few days and I wanted to share a quick feedback about it. Many have done it already so I'll keep it short and base it *only* on my personal feelings and experience (it's not a in deep feature comparison), in one single sentence or even word.
    P.S: My device history is 9000-> 9900 -> Z10 -> Q10 -> Z30 -> Passport / Classic (both under 10.3.1 beta/official).

1. The first minute after unboxing. I believe that's the moment you know how you'll feel with the device.
    Passport : "Stunning gorgeous"
    Classic : "Nice looking workhorse"

2. Usage
    Passport : "Forget about your laptop"
    Classic: "The best and easiest (for non current BB10 users) BB10 on the go workhorse "

3. Quality perception
    Passport : "Top notch and sexy"
    Classic : "urban adventurer"

4. In the field
    Passport : "Sit and enjoy"
    Classic: "Unsheathe and operate"

5. In the crowd (just lay down the device on a table - I'm in France)
    Passport (8 over 10 people) : " wohaaaa-whaaaaat-is-thaaaaat ?"
    Classic (4 over 10 people) : is that the new BlackBerry ? I loved/miss the keyboard"

6. Performance
    Passport : "Simply the fastest"
    Classic : "From cathodic (9900) to HD "

7. Chasms (positive)
    Passport : Screen quality, battery life, speed, "social effect"
    Classic : One handed operation, value for money, soundness.

-----------------
    Bottom line:
    -----------------

At first, I thought BlackBerry may have used the "Bold" and "Curve" to position (marketing wise) clearly those devices. Now, I (IMHO) get why they didn't; it's not only about the price (say there's +/-30% off for the Classic) but also about the usage. Both are intended for enterprise (first) and the Passport will fit better for C-level employees (and the likes) that mostly operate while at the office, traveling or at home when Classic will show unbeatable efficiency anywhere. Once seated, both will operate Blend, but the "Boss" will probably lay it down on the table - as a social/business differentiator - while others will leave it in their pockets.

I was testing the Classic while in holidays, often on the go and the one hand operation plus the "9900 keyboard feeling revival" (oh yes, the Classic Keyboard is absolutely sweet) really made my choice difficult to cut. But we're IRL and when I packed to drive back home (470 miles), the biggest screen (for GPS/ speed radar) and the battery life (or what I thought it'll be) took my SIM and SD back into the Passport. And here I am, sitting at my desk, with Blend alerts from my BBM groups, emails and Text messages: my Passport is next to me, thus he won. But I must say Classic may join my BlackBerry collection pretty soon for those days when I'm on the go and replace my Q10 in my possible choices (devices swap is so easy for me).

The Classic will probably fit more for those of you that weight their devices "value for money" first and/or mostly use their devices on the go. Yet, there are many points where Passport will produce a "power user" sentiment, starting with my own (and others') perception when I pick it out of my pocket.
    Please read me good; there's nothing wrong with that; pricing, targets and usage are very well thought and I believe those devices are both excellent in their field of operation.

P.S: Yes, I (now) wish Q10 was born Classic (I didn't when it launched) ... but that's another armchair CEO "IFs" talk !
    P.S(2) : did I write it'll be brief?

Cheers
    SF

disclaimer : while the Classic has been lend by BlackBerry, I have no further incentive or gratification (nor threat ... I guess ) to write the above, which is my personal view/perception only.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-29-14 at 08:21 AM.
    Vorkosigan, RWB3325, lcjr and 20 others like this.
    12-29-14 06:01 AM
    A great comparative review!

Thanks very much SF.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 07:19 AM
    Thank you so much. I am a busy working mother of two, constantly tethered to my phone. Classic wins it hands down for me for its ruggedness and on the go qualities. My next 2015 purchase!

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 07:35 AM
    Good examples and fair IMO.

Classically Posted.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 07:38 AM
    Thanks for that fair assessment SF. Nice honest write up.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 07:52 AM
    Very clever review! I can relate to what you are saying, it also helps me make up my mind

Thanks

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-29-14 08:26 AM
    Thanks SF,

Personally, I switch between Z30 (dirty days a' la Otterbox), with the Passport for clean days, but absolutely enjoy test driving my wife's Classic, so I can appreciate exactly what you are relaying to us!

I don't want to come across as a mobile-geek phone-snob (too late!), but I really want to get a Classic for 'those days'.

)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 12:55 PM
    Thank you for that constructive review. This is how a review should be.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 01:15 PM
    Nice review. One thing I do miss about the Passport was its looks. It really is a beautiful phone and I'm really tempted to get another one just to keep for myself.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 02:05 PM
    Great review of both devices, enjoy your holiday.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 02:17 PM
    Nice review as usual SF. . Happy Holidays!!

Posted by my fabulous Passport
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 03:02 PM
    Nice, and fair. I'm a Classic kinda guy I guess though I wouldn't mind trying a Passport too.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 04:00 PM
    Nice review. As someone else has said, I can relate to many of the points you've made.

I think I'll get my first look at a Classic tomorrow. One of my sales reps and her partner both ordered one and they were due in today. She's going from a bold (9900 I believe) and he's going from a curve. I think he's in for some screen shock. Lol.

I have another rep who may order one soon as well. I had thought they may like the Passport, but they are so often on the road, in and out of cars, and rarely in the office, that I think the pocketability of the Classic is appealing to them.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-29-14 06:14 PM
    Thanks all for your kind words; can't distribute as many "Thanks" I would like to ... so here's a "one to many" !

IRL test : Passport V.S Classic. My *fast* review-thankyous.jpg
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    12-30-14 09:26 AM
    Number 7: chasms got it for me haha nice comparison though. Happy new year

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-30-14 09:50 AM